• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Is this the earliest in the season we've been cooked?

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

No.

... and none of the quote-tweets for either of those tweets say the Angels lost because he was watching hockey. 

My tweet was written in jest.

Sorry if that confused some people. Guess I needed to make it clearer, apparently.

4 minutes ago, BTH said:

So who do you place that culture blame on?

I place it on Nevin. He still had talent in August, supplemented by the trade deadline moves. Then in September, injuries struck.

The 2024 team is just not talented.

Culture is the responsibility of the owner and front office.

You don't really blame it on Nevin.   (Just tryna tweek me). 

Just now, Swordsman78 said:

Haha. The clubhouse culture falls on the manager. Not getting the most out of your players falls on the manager. Nevin failed at both, which is why he isn’t here anymore.

3 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

It would actually be great if we lost because he was watching hockey instead of us losing due to systematic organization decay that will take years if not decades to undo

Maybe the Angels would improve their culture if he watched hockey exclusively.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Haha. The clubhouse culture falls on the manager. Not getting the most out of your players falls on the manager. Nevin failed at both, which is why he isn’t here anymore.

You are the KJP of the Angels Org. 

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think Nevin knew he was only going to be here for just that one season, regardless.

2 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

I do really blame it on Nevin.

I've posted about it on this forum before, and given how most of the Nevin conversations involve you, there's a decent chance I've posted about it in response to you before.

2 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Agree. But it showed zero confidence in him from the outset. That is not what an org should convey. All because of Arte's announcement of selling the team and then reneging. 

He got a one year extension to manage in 2023, which is more than he merited.

If he had a good season, he would've stayed.

If Nevin even guided them to even a .500 season, I think he stays. That would've been a 25-30 record the last two months or a .454 W%, and he couldn't do that.

Just now, angelsfan100 said:

The only good thing we got going for us is the ALW is garbage 

that doesn't really help us if we're at the bottom and don't have any realistic chance of even getting to .500

1 minute ago, BTH said:

I do really blame it on Nevin.

I've posted about it on this forum before, and given how most of the Nevin conversations involve you, there's a decent chance I've posted about it in response to you before.

What % of the current  Angels culture do attribute to Arte?  What % to Perry?