• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Is this the earliest in the season we've been cooked?

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

No.

... and none of the quote-tweets for either of those tweets say the Angels lost because he was watching hockey. 

No but if you don’t think those idiots believe it doesn’t have something to do with it, or it doesn’t imply they don’t care or that they are more invested in the hockey game than the baseball game, then that is on you because they absolutely believe it is related.  

11 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Season over before mid-May?  Even the pre-wild card teams in the 90s weren't this bad. 

Honestly, this season has been worse than the 90's. You at least always had some horses in the rotation (Finley, Abbott, Langston, Witt) early on, Percy closing and some damn good performers on the field in Salmon, GA, Edmonds, Erstad, Snow etc.

1 hour ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

And the lineup most days is maybe two promising young guys surrounded 30+ year old AAAA castoffs like Adrianza and Calhoun. They're actually a lot like the current Ducks where not only is the team awful, most of the production is coming from guys who won't be here within a couple years. 

Irony is Pillar and Calhoun hitting well.

Starting pitching hasn’t been bad lately.

Now if only there was a bullpen and not the Great Arson Squad.

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Here is another great one (sarcasm)

And the results are as bad as you would think they are.  Fucking idiots. 

“Whose.”

I didn’t need to read any further.  Even if it was only one more word.

Twitter….

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Twitter is always awesome after a game like last night.  I learned that we lost because Carpino was watching hockey. It’s funny cuz I thought our bullpen melted down.  But nope it’s Carpino had hockey on in his suite. I swear our fanbase is fucking retarded.  

Well, Carpino is a proven asshole so the boot fits.

39 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Your sense of humor is about as vapid as a horses ass.

That is freaking hilarious.

47 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, but it implied that hes more engaged in the hockey game, even though the video shows him watching the Angel game and glances over his shoulder at the hockey game on TV.

Was it implied or was it inferred?

Carpino has nothing to do with the product on the field.

John Carpino was named the eighth president in Angels' history November 14, 2009. He oversees all areas of business, sales, marketing, finance and communications. Carpino’s top priority is fan value and experience in all areas of the game including concessions, merchandise, promotions and ticketing.

7 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Your sense of humor is about as vapid as a horses ass.

That is freaking hilarious.

My sense of humor is fine. That joke or tweet is what a 12 year old would say to try to be edgy. If you think that hilarious then you are as retarded as the idiot “whose” posting it.  

Just now, Blarg said:

Carpino has nothing to do with the product on the field.

John Carpino was named the eighth president in Angels' history November 14, 2009. He oversees all areas of business, sales, marketing, finance and communications. Carpino’s top priority is fan value and experience in all areas of the game including concessions, merchandise, promotions and ticketing.

Under no circumstances should you share that with Twitter fanbase. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My sense of humor is fine. That joke or tweet is what a 12 year old would say to try to be edgy. If you think that hilarious then you are as retarded as the idiot “whose” posting it.  

Your crudmudgeon is showing. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Your crudmudgeon is showing. 

I’m also right. Eric, you don’t honestly think that’s funny, you may be grumpy but you have an excellent sense of humor. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m also right. Eric, you don’t honestly think that’s funny, you may be grumpy but you have an excellent sense of humor. 

There is something called dark humor. It doesn't appeal to all but it's still a reasonable method of getting across the point. You laugh at the Monty Python amputated Black Night but it's still someone that has been cut to pieces. Morbid but funny all the same.

Exaggeration is always what humor is about. Like how everyone loves In N Out hamburgers but hate the fries. Then again, @CaliAngel loves In N Out fries and you give your only fry fan shit about this? Sad.

25 minutes ago, Blarg said:

There is something called dark humor. It doesn't appeal to all but it's still a reasonable method of getting across the point. You laugh at the Monty Python amputated Black Night but it's still someone that has been cut to pieces. Morbid but funny all the same.

Exaggeration is always what humor is about. Like how everyone loves In N Out hamburgers but hate the fries. Then again, @CaliAngel loves In N Out fries and you give your only fry fan shit about this? Sad.

I’m me, 100% of the time. I know what dark humor is, I was given shit my guys here for using it. I just don’t find it funny, I think it’s lazy. 

several years ago, perhaps back when this board was still part of the espn boards, someone posted a link to a thread in minnesota. the topic was "Why the Twins SS is better than Hitler's SS." 

it was one of the funniest things i've ever read. some of the humor was understandably dark, but other parts of it were pure comedy genius. 

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m me, 100% of the time. I know what dark humor is, I was given shit my guys here for using it. I just don’t find it funny, I think it’s lazy. 

Sometimes it is but you had to laugh when someone used Hitler's Bunker breakdown as Arte Moreno's master plan gone wrong. Same Hitler reference but in a different venue. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Who is worse as a human being, or who would run the Angels the worst? I need clarity before I vote. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Sometimes it is but you had to laugh when someone used Hitler's Bunker breakdown as Arte Moreno's master plan gone wrong. Same Hitler reference but in a different venue. 

That was fantastic, it was creative. That tweet/poll is lazy and it’s embarrassing that someone finds it “hilarious”.  It’s the epitome of watching Gallagher from 1980 today and thinking it’s hilarious. It isn’t. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

You just made my point about the Angels having a culture issue which cannot be denied.

32-65 in last 97 games.    Appreciate  the supporting data. 

So who do you place that culture blame on?

I place it on Nevin. He still had talent in August, supplemented by the trade deadline moves. Then in September, injuries struck.

The 2024 team is just not talented.

Edited by BTH