• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

MLB Throws the hammer down on Braun and others

Even without Colon and cruz Texas and oakland would not be under.500. So i dont think it will help the Angels much unless something changes with LAA halfway through the season and although the offense has improved LAA still has issues throughout their pitching staff......

Texas was 14-14 in June...    So far in July they are 6-6.   So yeah, it's not unthinkable that minus Cruz they would be a sub ,500 team,..

• 2 weeks later...

No hammer being thrown down yet, but, maybe soon.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/a-rod-could-be-suspended-through-2014.html#disqus_thread

« AL East Notes: Red Sox, Young, Rays, Middlebrooks | Main | Orioles Designate Jairo Asencio For Assignment »

MLB May Announce All Biogenesis Suspensions This Week

By Zach Links [July 28, 2013 at 10:02am CST]

There are strong indications that MLB will announce all the suspensions in the Biogenesis case this week, according to Joel Sherman and Ken Davidoff of the New York Post. It is believed MLB wants to make the suspensions formal this week so that first-time offenders can serve a 50 game suspension inside of the 2013 season. That, in theory, would give players incentive not to appeal the decision and enter 2014 with a clean slate.

In the case of Alex Rodriguez, he could be hit with a suspension that will sideline him for the rest of this season and all of 2014. Rodriguez’s representatives met with MLB officials in the past few days in what was likely an effort to better gauge the potential penalties coming his way.

His suspension will be substantial as MLB believes the combination of being a user and obstructing the case demands a much stiffer penalty than what was given to Ryan Braun. It is even possible that Bud Selig could ask for permanent banishment, though it would be hard to convince an arbitrator, if Rodriguez appeals, that his first suspension should be for life.

Here is how you take care of steriod use in the bigs....once a player tests positive, for each game that was won in which the cheater had participated in the during the season since his last "clean" pee test should be changed in the division standings as a LOSS.  

Talk about impacting the game of baseball and giving the extremely high priced players, who use HGH,  a reality check.  Not to mention, the verbal "blanket party" his teammates will give him.

They need something much bigger than a 50 game suspension.

Here is how you take care of steriod use in the bigs....once a player tests positive, for each game that was won in which the cheater had participated in the during the season since his last "clean" pee test should be changed in the division standings as a LOSS.  

Talk about impacting the game of baseball and giving the extremely high priced players, who use HGH,  a reality check.  Not to mention, the verbal "blanket party" his teammates will give him.

Great, give teams and players even more of a reason to hide PED use.

This would be SOOOO unworkable. Talking about messing with the records.

Besides, I'm sure there would be a lot of games that are won by the team in which the roiding player goes 0-4 and makes an error in the field. So, the player on roids contributed to the team's win? I don't think so.

Remember, steroids can't make you hit balls you would otherwise swing and miss at.

That is the major problem with the union. They protect these types of players, although that could be changing.

The MLBPA's response to the Braun sanctions tells me that they realize that they will be in an indefensible position if they try to take up for the players who are using PEDs.

Time to get tough MLB.  I am sick and tired of these cheats. If they worked at a normal business they would have been fired a long time ago without any benefits.

To be fair, I don't think any other business would care about hgh.  And in the capitalistic world, whatever you do to bring a profit is fair game until it breaks laws.  PED prescribed by a physician is not against the law.

No hammer being thrown down yet, but, maybe soon.http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/a-rod-could-be-suspended-through-2014.html#disqus_thread«

In the case of Alex Rodriguez, he could be hit with a suspension that will sideline him for the rest of this season and all of 2014. Rodriguez’s representatives met with MLB officials in the past few days in what was likely an effort to better gauge the potential penalties coming his way. His suspension will be substantial as MLB believes the combination of being a user and obstructing the case demands a much stiffer penalty than what was given to Ryan Braun. It is even possible that Bud Selig could ask for permanent banishment, though it would be hard to convince an arbitrator, if Rodriguez appeals, that his first suspension should be for life.

Wow! I'd really like to see what they've got on him.

Austin, MLB has already increased its vigilance on PED as well as increased the penalties. I think they're making headway in cleaning up a problem they allowed to happen and fester in the first place. Let's see how these new rules work before we proclaim that even stiffer more profound rules are called for. 

NO player that plays the game cleanly should be punished by a teammate using PED's. In my  mind, punishing the team is ridiculous, unless it's found the organization was heavily involved in the PED use. The dirty player should ONLY be punished since it was THEIR decision to use. You will need to punish the player financially and hurt their ego. This is what I would suggest:

- All Individual Awards are Vacated. There just won't be a winner for that year.

- Banned from all ASG/HR Derby appearances

- This is the big one: Their current contract is VOID. The team can choose to release that player since the player falsified their performance.

- Any $$ earned from the date of the test that turned dirty must be returned (give it to a charity on behalf of MLB, not the player)

- 100 game ban first offense, lifetime ban 2nd offense. Cannot play in post season play for that year.

- Speak at HS, Colleges, Events about the negative effects of PED's. This gives them some public humility and teach the young how it's simply not worth it. A kid seeing their hero speak against PED's can be a powerful deterrent not to use them.

The big one is the one that needs to be done.  Braun still has $22 million left on his current contract.  In addition to $105 million on his next contract.  

The $$$ earned from the date of the test should be returned to the team.  Or better yet, refunded to season seat holders.  Because it's the team and fans that are paying for their fraud.  

And no way would I want someone like Braun speaking at HS, Colleges and events about the negatives effects of PED's.  Because I wouldn't want my kids to further idolize a cheater making millions.