• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

MLB Throws the hammer down on Braun and others

Vacate all winning decisions by pitchers so for example colon has 12 wins Oakland must vacate 12 wins and turn them into 12 loses

Vacate all runs that hitters were associated with and figure out the results without their contribution and if that team ends up losing so be it.

That isn't fair to the other 39 guys that played the games cleanly. The only fair punishment is to solely punish the player.

True but it would be the only way to motivate teams to keep their players clean.

Because MLB can't do anything that makes sense. They even manage to screw up suspensions.

Looks like A-Roid had better hang onto that Charleston River Dogs gear.

It makes a lot of sense to wait.  The All Star game is a time of celebration.  You don't want the black eye of game suspensions to over shadow the celebration of the All Star Game.

It makes a lot of sense to wait.  The All Star game is a time of celebration.  You don't want the black eye of game suspensions to over shadow the celebration of the All Star Game.

This.

Also, MLB has to REALLY make sure all their ducks are in a row, because there will be appeals.

Vacate all winning decisions by pitchers so for example colon has 12 wins Oakland must vacate 12 wins and turn them into 12 loses

Vacate all runs that hitters were associated with and figure out the results without their contribution and if that team ends up losing so be it.

Not sure if your idea is fair to the players on the team that doesn't cheat, but I do believe there needs to be some repercussions on the teams.

i imagine there will be legal action taken if these suspensions are carried out. you can't suspend players because a dubious suspect at a clinic has a list of names.

The Black Sox were found not guilty and still banned from baseball forever.

Did baseball do away with the commissioner's ability to act on conduct deemed detrimental to the league?

I'm really curious if he has the power to act on something like this.

Not sure if your idea is fair to the players on the team that doesn't cheat, but I do believe there needs to be some repercussions on the teams.

Agree but....

The players that do cheat and when they cheat who benefits... the player and the TEAM benefit. Look at melky he was having a career yr and the giants benefited for over half the season. Colon last season cheated and Oakland won the west by 1 game and he had 10 winning decisions . So if teams benefit from cheaters then teams can suffer when they're player/s get caught.

can not happen

Currently teams might be willing to take a chance and look the other way at a player's PED use, worst case they lose the player and nothing else.  The punishment needs to be a bit stiffer on teams.  Vacating wins would be difficult to implement.  Monetary fines would be easier, finding the right amount might be challenging.  Maybe a percentage of the payroll times the number of days suspended times the number of players suspended.

Currently teams might be willing to take a chance and look the other way at a player's PED use, worst case they lose the player and nothing else.  The punishment needs to be a bit stiffer on teams.  Vacating wins would be difficult to implement.  Monetary fines would be easier, finding the right amount might be challenging.  Maybe a percentage of the payroll times the number of days suspended times the number of players suspended.

Again, that would mean putting a sub par team on the field, losing them money in ticket sales.  I can't think of one reason, if they got fined, that they wouldn't hide it even further.  If they know someone is using, there will be zero reason to disclose it.  Because all it will do is cost them money.  At least in the current system, there is a reason to disclose it, not having to pay the player.  

You don't want the black eye of game suspensions to over shadow the celebration of the All Star Game.

I believe that is going to happen anyway. It will be a topic of discussion, and there will be open speculation about which players we are watching in the ASG who won't see the end of the season.

If MLB wanted to get through the ASG without this dark cloud, things should have been kept under wraps until after it was over. Then again, that would make sense, and that isn't the Selig way.

are you forgetting that the mlbpa exists?

No, I get that.  I'm saying I wonder what powers the commish still has to act on things that are viewed as detrimental to the league.   It's been so long since MLB had a commish that wasn't a puppet for ownership that I don't even know if the position still has any real power.

Funny how everyone thinks there are no Angels on this report.  We are talking about Rangers and A's, but there are another 20 players that haven't been named.  Let's just hope that no Angels are mentioned.

From an article a while ago, it looked like all the people involved had one of two things in common.  The U.  And the Levinsons (ACES) agents.  

http://www.federalbaseball.com/2013/2/7/3962528/miami-new-times-report-on-alleged-ped-clinic-anthony-bosch-seth-levinson-statement

I doubt Pujols is on there. Hamilton on the other hand wouldn't surprise me. 

if hamilton was on there you would have heard about it already, just like braun and aroid. although this season has been a disappointment for hamilton, he's still one of the best players and biggest names in mlb. the crazy thing is trout is also, and he made all those inroads in one season.

You don't want the black eye of game suspensions to over shadow the celebration of the All Star Game.

Yeah cause you wouldn't, you know, want the public to have any grasp of how serious the steroid situation has gotten.

It's like catching your kid doing something he's not supposed to be doing, letting him go out the next day because "he wants to celebrate," then punishing him the day after he's had his share of fun. 

Except the difference is here we're talking about people who are supposed to be adults.