• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Throws the hammer down on Braun and others

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9464246/ryan-braun-refused-answer-mlb-questions-biogenesis-clinic-sources-say

Commissioner Bud Selig's office is expected to suspend Braun and Rodriguez, along with as many as 20 players sometime after next week's All-Star break, several sources told "Outside the Lines." As OTL reported, MLB started building cases against the players last month after Bosch agreed to cooperate with investigators.

Why after the All Star game if some of these guys are playing? You would think he would want to purge the cheaters instead of putting them on display on national TV.

They don't want to have to suspend half the all star team, and invite Trumbo then have him in the HR contest by himself.

Why after the All Star game if some of these guys are playing? You would think he would want to purge the cheaters instead of putting them on display on national TV.

Because MLB can't do anything that makes sense. They even manage to screw up suspensions.

Looks like A-Roid had better hang onto that Charleston River Dogs gear.

Because MLB can't do anything that makes sense. They even manage to screw up suspensions.

Looks like A-Roid had better hang onto that Charleston River Dogs gear.

Well, they technically just can't come out and ban them.  They have to have an appeals hearing with the union I believe.  That's how Braun got off the last time, during his appeals.

Well, they technically just can't come out and ban them.  They have to have an appeals hearing with the union I believe.  That's how Braun got off the last time, during his appeals.

We are all before the appeals process.

That process doesn't begin until they are officially suspended.

They just need to gather all the evidence before handing out the suspension because it will all be challenged in the likely appeals process.

Bye bye Colon and Cruz.

That's definitely going to help the Angels cause.

Not sure Colon gets suspended - if MLB found that his failed test last year was due to his Biogenesis involvement then he's already served his 50 games.   Seems like the action about to be taken is aimed at the guys who lied and didn't get caught.

I wonder if MLB tries to suspend them for conduct detrimental to the league instead of PEDs...  

Oh happy day!!!  

Seriously, this is a good thing for baseball.  Show the cheaters that they just can't doing this and getting away with it consequence free.  The Rangers will definitely feel the hurt without Nelson Cruz, the A's at the very least should lose Colon, the Nats will lose Gio Gonzalez.  I wonder how many other A's and Rangers will be suspended. 

from ESPN today:

"(Colon) is a fat, 40-year-old pitcher who went 32-40 with a 4.38 ERA from 2006 to 2012 and throws almost nothing but fastballs."

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/37933/time-to-respect-colon-and-the-as 

Colon averaged 91 mph last night and cranked it up to 96 on occasion. This is a pitcher who could barely reach 88 mph in 2009. He's listed at 265 pounds but is probably closer to 300.

Yeah, totally normal for a 40-yr old who was washed up several years ago. He's 12-3 now with a 2.69 ERA.

Seriously. I don't think there could be a more perfect nationally televised platform to MAKE AN EXAMPLE out of the cheaters than making it known during the All Star game that many of the stars who were voted in can't play because they were suspended. 

Nope, instead MLB is letting them have their time in the lights for one more hurrah like nothings going on. Letting Cano be a HRD captain one last time. Pretty disgusting.

I don't think Gio Gonzalez is anywhere. His name was mentioned in the documents, but as I recall, nothing he was connected to in those docs was actually a banned substance.

Of course I also think there's a high chance this whole Biogenisis thing blows up in MLB's face with how circumstantial and shady a lot of the basis for MLB's case is here.

Vacate all winning decisions by pitchers so for example colon has 12 wins Oakland must vacate 12 wins and turn them into 12 loses

Vacate all runs that hitters were associated with and figure out the results without their contribution and if that team ends up losing so be it.

That isn't fair to the other 39 guys that played the games cleanly. The only fair punishment is to solely punish the player.

Even the douchiest of players would feel like sh*t if his team's success was impacted by his juicing. There is really no way to affect the teams record that would be fair, but I would see what the player's WAR is and turn those wins into losses. For pitchers though WAR is worthless.

That isn't fair to the other 39 guys that played the games cleanly. The only fair punishment is to solely punish the player.

There is no worse punishment than letting down the rest of your team and knowing that their hard work is for not because of you. Unfair for the team? Yes. Best form of punishment IMO? Yes.