• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Neto walked 39 times .vs 19 Ks his final season at Campbell and finished his college career with more walks than Ks.  He can milk walks, just hasn't happened at the MLB level.  Dude has been channeling his inner Aybar/GA.

Maybe he'll do a Gary Sheffield, who had a 7.9 BB% through his first 2419 PA, then 15.0% after. It was weird...it happened very quickly, going fro 8.4% in 1993 to 13.3% in '94 to 20.1% in '95. I don't think steroids account for that.

Anyhow, I'd be happy if Neto doubles his current rate of 4.7%.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Neto walked 39 times .vs 19 Ks his final season at Campbell and finished his college career with more walks than Ks.  He can milk walks, just hasn't happened at the MLB level.  Dude has been channeling his inner Aybar/GA.

Neto is 4 bb to 19 Ks the last month of games. Schanuel went 14-14. I think Schanuel still can improve but Neto needs a come to Jesus meeting with the Angels hitting instructor. 

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm just waiting for Scotty to show up and tell us why he had Moore picked all along, and how he's Coal Ripken.

Meh. Howie Kendrick lazy comp is fine. Not who I would’ve picked but let’s see what kind of savings they’re able to get and who they spend it on before full judgment. But my initial reaction isn’t particularly positive. 

15 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think a lot of times, young guys simplify their approach to succeed in the majors. See the ball, hit the ball. That’s likely where Neto is at right now.

39 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Hypothetical Angels lineup, 2026

C O'Hoppe

1B Schanuel

2B Moore

SS Neto

3B Rengifo (or Fontenelle)

LF Trout

CF Rada

RF Adell

DH Rendon

Whats is the pitching staff going to look like in 2026?

Edited by HaloBronco

4 minutes ago, HaloBronco said:

Whats is the pitching staff going to look like in 2026?

As of right now, I'd say:

1. Detmers
  2. Soriano
  3. Silseth
  4. Dana
  5. Kochanowicz

Maybe Sandoval or Canning, possibly Daniel. Bachman remains the wildcard, but I think he's fated for the bullpen.

Not much in the minors, though I suppose there's still hope for Urena or Mederos.

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

As of right now, I'd say:

1. Detmers
  2. Soriano
  3. Silseth
  4. Dana
  5. Kochanowicz

Maybe Sandoval or Canning, possibly Daniel. Bachman remains the wildcard, but I think he's fated for the bullpen.

Not much in the minors, though I suppose there's still hope for Urena or Mederos.

slot Lorenzen in 6th spot

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Who is on the board for our second pick?

This draft was particularly weak at the top, but deep in teens of guys that are 2nd and 3rd round talent. Christian Moore in a normal draft goes at the end of the first round, but chances are, whoever the Angels get in the second round and the compensation pick for Ohtani will both be true second round talents.

1 minute ago, HaloBronco said:

Ok, well you always need those…..

The Halos won a World Series with a great bullpen.

Sure, but why pick a college reliever with control issues who was ranked in the 80s with the 45th pick?  The only reason to do that would be to save money to go after someone who is falling in later rounds.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Sure, but why pick a college reliever with control issues who was ranked in the 80s with the 45th pick?  The only reason to do that would be to save money to go after someone who is falling in later rounds.

Ok, hopefully they’ll pull another Dana type out of this draft.