• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Draft Thread

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You have to spend all of your money so under slot only pays more for another pick. But you still spend your entire pool. 

20 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You're not required to spend all of your money.

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It makes you look uninformed and petty. 

Nice

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Not Moore, isn't an answer. It's just you trolling. You have no idea who would have been a better pick so you're just trashing the organization because you think it makes you look smart. 

It makes you look uninformed and petty like a New York Jets fan.

more accurate.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Fangraphs had Moore at #23 as a 45 FV guy, with concerns about his contact. Rainer and Griffin were both higher at 45+.

Among the guys commonly listed as top 15 guys he's one of two guys I wanted no part of, and it was all about the contact issues.  Fwiw, it has almost nothing to do with the player himself (he's got all the talent), it's entirely due to the Angels failure to fix those types of issues. The Angels have led the minors in swing changes with few successes.  

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Not Moore, isn't an answer. It's just you trolling. You have no idea who would have been a better pick so you're just trashing the organization because you think it makes you look smart. 

It makes you look uninformed and petty. 

I’m not a scout.  I’m a CPA.  Lol.  I could be like others and pretend to Know.  I won’t do that - it’s intellectually dishonest.  

what I want is to trust our staff.  What in the last 5+ years gives you confidence they know more than any other team at all.  From my eyes, it’s a whole lot of incompetence.  But if you are happy, then that’s all that matters - not anything I say.  

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Among the guys commonly listed as top 15 guys he's one of two guys I wanted no part of, and it was all about the contact issues.  Fwiw, it has almost nothing to do with the player himself (he's got all the talent), it's entirely due to the Angels failure to fix those types of issues. The Angels have led the minors in swing changes with few successes.  

Just now, Chuck said:

Taylor Blake Ward is really high on the Angels scouts and scouting director who happens to live in TN and got to see a TON of Christian Moore hitting against some of the best pitching in the country. 

So this one-two combo makes me think boom or bust. Either Moore is going to be great, or he's going to be recent Javy Baez who can't play the field.

Just now, Angels in 2030 said:

I’m not a scout.  I’m a CPA.  Lol.  I could be like others and pretend to Know.  I won’t do that - it’s intellectually dishonest.  

what I want is to trust our staff.  What in the last 5+ years gives you confidence they know more than any other team at all.  From my eyes, it’s a whole lot of incompetence.  But if you are happy, then that’s all that matters - not anything I say.  

You are doing exactly that, you are pretending to know that they got the pick wrong.  

1 minute ago, Angels in 2030 said:

So basically you don't want whatever player they pick.

got it.

17 hours ago, Chuck said:

Taylor Blake Ward is really high on the Angels scouts and scouting director who happens to live in TN and got to see a TON of Christian Moore hitting against some of the best pitching in the country. 

In the SEC?  Hagen, the kid Seattle took, Holman out of LSU and Ryan Prager maybe?  The SEC pitching was kind of shitty.  Cortez from Texas A&M was another good one.

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I know this is a joke, but have you seen Adell’s defense this year?  Also, it really isn’t anything like Adell since this guy has done it at the highest of levels in college, versus Jo being a high school kid.  

Yes, he has improved but sadly, he forgot how to hit. I haven't watched a game in months but do check the box score so I'll take your word for it that his defense is where it needs to be now. 

Edited by Jason

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Well, to be fair, it isn't hard to do and is a pretty safe pick - to assume the Angels don't know what they're doing.

For all of the complaining about how the organization is run we still have three guys through draft and trade under 23 that are actually playing and holding their own in the Majors. We have Caden Dana banging on the door. It's been a surge of quality players that if the previous GM's hadn't blown their draft chances there wouldn't be talk of a rebuild, it would be complete.

Can Moore shore up 2nd base starting next season? That is probably too aggressive but then again, the Angels really don't have much to lose running him through Washington's defense gauntlet and learn on the job. Like Neto, Schanuel and O'Hoppe are doing now, they will be the vets next year and Moore the rookie. Rengifo should still be around to take some pressure off Moore so he isn't do or die every series. But that will look more like Kendrick learning under Kennedy his first year then he's on his own.

The Angels sure didn't know what they were doing for quite a while. I think that is over. It's going to take a long time to change that perception but I think the corner is turned. But any draft doesn't change today. 

9 minutes ago, Angels in 2030 said:

….what I want is to trust our staff.  What in the last 5+ years gives you confidence they know more than any other team at all.  From my eyes, it’s a whole lot of incompetence.  But if you are happy, then that’s all that matters - not anything I say.  

I think Neto was a good pick. Looks like Schanuel, maybe Joyce were too. Detmers, Silseth, Bachman we’ll see. O’Hoppe appears to be a good evaluation, albeit with a steep price (Marsh).