• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Draft Thread

12 minutes ago, Angels in 2030 said:

Bad organization just gonna keep on doing and being the same thing.  Angels gonna angel.  There’s a reason the farm system is bottom 5 for the past several years.  They apparently will continue that trend into the future.  

Who was your genius pick at #8?

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Last year, the Angels gave full slot to Schanuel.

2022 they went under slot for Neto and with the savings they drafted Dana.  

I don’t understand why some fans think that the reason to go under slot is because Arte is cheap.  

You have to spend all of your money so under slot only pays more for another pick. But you still spend your entire pool. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

BTW, MLB is such a dumbass organization it's just incredible they make any money. Manfred is a dope.

This is pretty much a dead date and timezone for the draft and promoting their new talent. It's a Sunday after the 1st half ends and there is nothing we see of these guys after today and we really don't see them much at all. 

But what happens next week? The All Star game and that has just barely any interest, especially the days before. So shift the draft to the days before the game and get some hype for the new kids on the block. 

Introduce them on stage then to their new teammates at a special pre game event, get them in front of fans to start some interest, even get some gloves and bats and have some fielding and batting practice on a MLB field. Then put them in the stands, all grouped together and show their reactions to the game they want to play in some day. 

Or, do this shit that really doesn't move the needle for getting new fans invested into the game. 

Yep agree, Manfred is dope. He has no vision, seemingly has no passion for the game. 

I just don’t understand why he’s still around. 

MLB has a lost so much ground under his watch. 

28 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Tennessee fan here—I’ve watched Moore for 3 years. Elite hitter, really good athlete but a real project defensively. Need to find him a position.

So Adell 2.0?

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Who was your genius pick at #8?

Not Moore.

id want anyone that my team of qualified scouts determined to be the best player and guy the team can to develop into a star.  
Unfortunately, the organization and their development staff is a joke.  So it’s yet again pick some guy who is as close to ready to play - so we don’t screw him up.  It’s crazy how dysfunctional this organization is currently.  I’m not going to pretend they are not.  But go ahead if you want to.  

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

So Adell 2.0?

Uh no…He was an elite college hitter in the nation’s best conference, where he faced the best competition each weekend. Adell was a high school project, toolsy guy but hadn’t seen anything like SEC competition.

Kind of tired of the Angels going under on their first pick, though. Next year they should have a top 6 pick, and hopefully they really go for the best guy available. I would have preferred Griffin or Rainer, but I suppose they want him to move quick so he can join Schanuel and Neto in the infield of the future.

I expect him up after the ASB.

Just now, Angels in 2030 said:

Not Moore.

id want anyone that my team of qualified scouts determined to be the best player and guy the team can to develop into a star.  
Unfortunately, the organization and their development staff is a joke.  So it’s yet again pick some guy who is as close to ready to play - so we don’t screw him up.  It’s crazy how dysfunctional this organization is currently.  

Yeah but he's not really that close.

He took a big step toward in some key areas this season but it wouldn't shock me to see him struggle to hit .250 with a shit ton of Ks.  

Tons of power.

27 minutes ago, Angels in 2030 said:

Bad organization just gonna keep on doing and being the same thing.  Angels gonna angel.  There’s a reason the farm system is bottom 5 for the past several years.  They apparently will continue that trend into the future.  

So who would you have picked?

~ArkyAngelsFan~

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Kind of tired of the Angels going under on their first pick, though. Next year they should have a top 6 pick, and hopefully they really go for the best guy available. I would have preferred Griffin or Rainer, but I suppose they want him to move quick so he can join Schanuel and Neto in the infield of the future.

I expect him up after the ASB.

Needs work with pancake glove

2 minutes ago, Angels in 2030 said:

Not Moore.

Unfortunately, the organization and their development staff is a joke.  So it’s yet again pick some guy who is as close to ready to play - so we don’t screw him up.  It’s crazy how dysfunctional this organization is currently.  I’m not going to pretend they are not.  But go ahead if you want to.  

Not Moore, isn't an answer. It's just you trolling. You have no idea who would have been a better pick so you're just trashing the organization because you think it makes you look smart. 

It makes you look uninformed and petty. 

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You have to spend all of your money so under slot only pays more for another pick. But you still spend your entire pool. 

Yes and no.  Not every team spends every dollar.  The Angels do, they just don’t use that money well.  I think @Jeff Fletcher said they have spent their entire pool plus the 5% every single year since this has been how the draft has worked. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

So Adell 2.0?

I know this is a joke, but have you seen Adell’s defense this year?  Also, it really isn’t anything like Adell since this guy has done it at the highest of levels in college, versus Jo being a high school kid.  

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Not Moore, isn't an answer. It's just you trolling. You have no idea who would have been a better pick so you're just trashing the organization because you think it makes you look smart. 

It makes you look uninformed and petty. 

Where is your sense of humor?