• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ippei fired by Dodgers after being accused of theft by Ohtani’s attorney’s

23 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's funny because some of us would be bending over backward to defend Ohtani if he were still on the Angels.

Hard to defend the 180 his lawyers made.  I don't really have a clue if he was betting but dude knew he was paying off his bookie and the rules are pretty clear.

If the next story (because there have been 3???) is that he wasn't aware it was an illegal bookie when he paid the debts then how is that any different than all the players popped for PEDs that claimed they didn't know it was a banned substance.

F the Dodgers.

20 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

But his salary is insane for his official duties.

shockingly, his $300-500k is even more than i make teaching middle school history.

"oooh, i speak japanese and english." oh yeah? try teaching a bunch of 12 year olds about the intricacies of the peloponesian wars in a riveting way. get back to me after you can do that, mr. ippei.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

shockingly, his $300-500k is even more than i make teaching middle school history.

"oooh, i speak japanese and english." oh yeah? try teaching a bunch of 12 year olds about the intricacies of the peloponesian wars in a riveting way. get back to me after you can do that, mr. ippei.

Odds are he can't. 

2 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Why not take some questions if you don’t have anything to hide? Almost like you need to stay on script so nothing gets said that his lawyers didn’t okay… he sure is acting guilty 

His actions are of a man protecting a $700 million dollar contract.

40 minutes ago, Tank said:

Yeah but Ippei had to work summers

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Yes! 

I taught high school one year a few decades ago and was burnt out and quit. And It was the same school I went to, so a bizzaro 'welcome back Cotter.' I can just imagine what it likes now. 

Ippei could have built up a nice nest egg on $500k for multiple  years if he had discipline and functioning brain cells.

Unless Ohtani's statement just flat-out comes out and says, "Ippei lied and stole money from me.  I truly had no idea what was going on.  I have never gambled on sports and I didn't agree to repay any of Ippei's debts," I don't see how a prepared statement with no follow-up questions allowed doesn't just make this whole situation worse for Othani and, by extension, more of a distraction for the Dodgers. 

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Unless Ohtani's statement just flat-out comes out and says, "Ippei lied and stole money from me.  I truly had no idea what was going on.  I have never gambled on sports and I didn't agree to repay any of Ippei's debts," I don't see how a prepared statement with no follow-up questions allowed doesn't just make this whole situation worse for Othani and, by extension, more of a distraction for the Dodgers. 

This is likely what he is going to say.  Or something vague for the purpose of just saying something about it.