• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Rendon injured again

if rendon contributed more when he was playing, i'd feel differently. but the fact is he hasn't done much this year. his power seems to be gone for whatever reasons. 

if he had a history of being a good player for this club (like trout has), i'd feel differently about him. 

add his frequency of injuries and his bad attitude together and there just isn't a good reason to keep waiting for him to turn it around and be the kind of player we thought we were signing. 

they should release him after the season. 

19 hours ago, Tank said:

if rendon contributed more when he was playing, i'd feel differently. but the fact is he hasn't done much this year. his power seems to be gone for whatever reasons. 

if he had a history of being a good player for this club (like trout has), i'd feel differently about him. 

add his frequency of injuries and his bad attitude together and there just isn't a good reason to keep waiting for him to turn it around and be the kind of player we thought we were signing. 

they should release him after the season. 

Agreed.

Eat the money and be done with him. 

He's 34 and there's a long history of players just past 30 falling off the map. Vladdy did. Glaus was out of the game at 33. J-Up was useless at this age. You can keep complaining about him but he's not walking away from $77 mil and it's hard for me to believe Arte is eating another huge contract when there's even a remote possibility that he can one day contribute something. Personally, if I was going to expend this much energy on a useless rant it would be about how unwatchable NFL games are these days

On 7/30/2024 at 9:30 PM, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

We don’t need to keep anyone. This team stinks.  Put a sack of potatoes at 3B.   Trade for a AAAA 3B

We had one, but they DFA’d Sano.

On 7/30/2024 at 8:44 PM, Taylor said:

I just wonder if Rendon is suffering from long COVID. We know 100% the issue isn’t overtraining in the off season like with Trout.

When he was a minor leaguer for the Nationals, there were rumblings that he was a bit of a delicate flower, a prima donna who wouldn't play nicked.  

Someone got to him, and he became a good player - but I don't think he was ever particularly well-liked by his teammates.  

He got his contract, he's set for life, and he's just reverting to form.  Not that his injuries aren't real, but looking at this physique and injuries, I just don't think he works very hard at injury prevention.  He's the anti-Erstad in some respects.  

I just don't think they did their due diligence on him 

The difference between Trout and Rendon is this:

Trout 2021-24: 266 games, 160 wRC+, 12.0 WAR

Rendon 2021-24: 181 games, 90 wRC+, 1.0 WAR

Trout's injuries/decline is terrible, but at least he offers something when he's on the field. Rendon has literally turned into the definition of a replacement player. I'm guessing that the closest comps over the last four years, in terms of playing time and quality, are up-and-down and bench guys that are a dime a dozen.