• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon Interview

4 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Rendon has had a wRC+ of 97 the last three years when on the field and 112 overall as an Angel.  

I don't particularly like Rendon because of the way he acts and the things he says.  But even if he was the poster boy on how to conduct himself while not living up to a contract, it wouldn't change a damn thing about the fact that he's been more injured than not the last three years and when he's played he's been decidedly average.  Not horrible by any means.  

I think we can all agree that we, as fans, know about 10% of what is actually going on (at best) and we tend to fill the other 90% in with what we think they must be thinking or doing.  And it's way more projection than based on anything real.  

And to add to this, if he was performing well and consistently hardly anyone would be talking about his off-the-field conduct. 

Geez, I swear some of the posters on this thread spend most of their time on the Angels' Reddit sub. 🙄

I'm not really expecting much from Trout or Rendon at this point. They're both capable of elite play when healthy, but each year something keeps it from happening. The funny thing about projecting the Angels to be worse with Ohtani gone is it ignores the fact that we've gotten next to nothing from Rendon (and not a ton from Trout) since 2020. If somehow they were miraculously both healthy, the offense is better even without adding anyone and losing Ohtani. 

35 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Geez, I swear some of the posters on this thread spend most of their time on the Angels' Reddit sub. 🙄

I'm not really expecting much from Trout or Rendon at this point. They're both capable of elite play when healthy, but each year something keeps it from happening. The funny thing about projecting the Angels to be worse with Ohtani gone is it ignores the fact that we've gotten next to nothing from Rendon (and not a ton from Trout) since 2020. If somehow they were miraculously both healthy, the offense is better even without adding anyone and losing Ohtani. 

As of right now, it's pretty unrealistic that this team has any shot at a playoff spot without a healthy Trout and Rendon.  I'm still of the belief that Rendon would produce at an above average level if healthy.  Yet I have zero confidence he'll be healthy.  

2 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

As of right now, it's pretty unrealistic that this team has any shot at a playoff spot without a healthy Trout and Rendon.  I'm still of the belief that Rendon would produce at an above average level if healthy.  Yet I have zero confidence he'll be healthy.  

Yep. 100%. 

3 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Exactly where I am.  Doubt his ability - no.  Doubt he will remain upright -- YES.

22 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Fixed 

On 1/14/2024 at 12:47 PM, REDneck said:

We will revisit in June Strad when he's on the IL again.

Fair enough?

Probably not.

On 1/14/2024 at 12:58 PM, Stradling said:

Sure. So in June when he’s injured he’s injured. Thanks. 

On 1/14/2024 at 1:25 PM, REDneck said:

Lol...Bo I see u coming a mile away!

Thanks!

Yea you see me a mile away.  If he’s hurt like you said, then I’d say he’s hurt. And somehow that is the wrong answer. Let me guess if he’s injured in June I’m supposed to say he’s a lazy, piece of shit that’s stealing money?  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea you see me a mile away.  If he’s hurt like you said, then I’d say he’s hurt. And somehow that is the wrong answer. Let me guess if he’s injured in June I’m supposed to say he’s a lazy, piece of shit that’s stealing money?  

For the record I have not used any of those adjectives or described him in those words.

I do question his character, and just don't like him.

But, hell I question your character! Lol

We will see if you respond to this with humor and a good nature or if your character will still be in question with me.

Now if I was a betting man....well u know.

55 minutes ago, REDneck said:

For the record I have not used any of those adjectives or described him in those words.

I do question his character, and just don't like him.

But, hell I question your character! Lol

We will see if you respond to this with humor and a good nature or if your character will still be in question with me.

Now if I was a betting man....well u know.

I question my own character but then again I know me, so I’m an expert on my own character. 

Proclaiming that Rendon *could* *maybe* *probably* perform "if he stayed healthy" seems pretty absurd to me.

If the dude can't stay healthy, he's just as useless as if he sucked. I'm not "big mad" at Rendon because he gets hurt, but I'm not going to rally behind a guy we can't depend on. And I'm not going to assume he would be a superstar if he wasn't hurt, because he hasn't proven it in an Angel uniform.

Combine his off-field debacles (in Oakland with the fan, and with Seattle in the brawl) and horseshit lax attitude both when he's playing and when he's not (the tone in this interview being baseball "just isn't that important" to him), and I don't think it's impractical to be altogether fed up with him. 

On 1/14/2024 at 2:38 PM, Taylor said:

And to add to this, if he was performing well and consistently hardly anyone would be talking about his off-the-field conduct. 

Sure. 

But he doesn't. 

It's the same logic a majority of members on here use to determine why we should sign Bauer. 

But when you have off-the-field conduct, combined with constant injuries, combined with poor performance, well it just becomes a snowball effect of what is the actual upside of having this Rendon guy on our team?

11 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Proclaiming that Rendon *could* *maybe* *probably* perform "if he stayed healthy" seems pretty absurd to me.

If the dude can't stay healthy, he's just as useless as if he sucked. I'm not "big mad" at Rendon because he gets hurt, but I'm not going to rally behind a guy we can't depend on. And I'm not going to assume he would be a superstar if he wasn't hurt, because he hasn't proven it in an Angel uniform.

Combine his off-field debacles (in Oakland with the fan, and with Seattle in the brawl) and horseshit lax attitude both when he's playing and when he's not (the tone in this interview being baseball "just isn't that important" to him), and I don't think it's impractical to be altogether fed up with him. 

Sure. 

But he doesn't. 

It's the same logic a majority of members on here use to determine why we should sign Bauer. 

But when you have off-the-field conduct, combined with constant injuries, combined with poor performance, well it just becomes a snowball effect of what is the actual upside of having this Rendon guy on our team?

tldr

On 1/16/2024 at 10:01 AM, CaliAngel said:

Sure. 

But he doesn't. 

I like what Washington said in the article by Lyndon Suvanto.  "If they can't pull their weight, they're not gonna be on the team".   If the halo's actually do cut Rendon, it will be a step to getting the right culture.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/baseball/news-if-pull-weight-gonna-team-ron-washington-issues-ultimatum-underperforming-angels-players?key2=1977873

Edited by Swordsman78

I honestly dont think there is anything that Rendon can say in any interview that will change what people feel or think he is he needs to just get his AS_ back on the feild and shut us all up with his bat and deication to being the best version of himself that we have ever seen. Results will shut up all of the nay sayers including me. He cant tell me how good he will be or how he fixed himself and have me beleive him go out and show me I truly hope he does.