• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The official 2024 PGA thread

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

five assholes interrupted the final 18th hole by running on to the green and threw colored power. Scheffler was just about to make his off the collar putt when the douchebags pulled their stunt. Scheffler just missed his putt and Kim sinks a 7 footer after a 10 minute delay to force a playoff. 

At this point it is unclear if they will use the 18th for a playoff hole.

The greenskeepers are doing a great job vacuuming up the residue and now they are looking at creating a new hole position to take the damaged area out of play near the cup.

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

The greenskeepers are doing a great job vacuuming up the residue and now they are looking at creating a new hole position to take the damaged area out of play near the cup.

i hope these knuckleheads are prosecuted.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

If it were the LA Open they would have ran a rototiller over the greens then taken over the clubhouse for three weeks while demanding the PGA join LIV. 

Then George Gascon would have demanded their release immediately on a no bail charge, just in time for them to come back and disrupt the playoff.

I play between surgeries. So about 8 weeks on then 4 months off. Frustrating as hell.

I had given up the game about 12 years ago and handed my new Taylor Made RAC irons over to a deserving board member here.

Then about three years ago I decided to start playing again, even though I had a torn tendon in my left elbow. After a year I got surgery and was out for 4 months.

Then I was playing for a year and tore my meniscus in my left knee and played on it all the way up until last December when it was surgically repaired. 

Then I got in about 6 weeks of play before ankle surgery in April. Start of June I got in a few rounds and now the right knee is shot but I can't get surgery or play, my wife finally was approved for back surgery so now I'm nurse, maid, cook, laundry, groceries... Basically out of golf for the next few months until she can move about on her own. 

My handicap? Let me get in a couple uninterrupted rounds and I'll figure it out. 

i haven't played in two years. it's been such a difficult last two years for me, and i just didn't have the time to play, even during the summer. one of my retirement goals is to get back to playing somewhat regularly/at least once a month. 

On 6/25/2024 at 9:20 AM, Dtwncbad said:

Just curious, who plays golf and what is your handicap?

I try to play as often as I can, but it ends up being probably every 3-4 weeks.  I am an embarrassing 24.

I play about once a week, maybe twice, but my right shoulder is really starting to become more painful.  Funny, I have a torn rotator cuff and a torn labrum in that shoulder but still play golf like I do.  Glad I’m not an Angels pitcher or I’d probably not be able to play golf for about a year or two.

My index was down to a 9.7 but now it’s up to 12.2 since my shoulder issues.  Maybe after surgery and rehab, I’ll get back down to where it once was.

17 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Playing Coeur d’Alene Golf resort tomorrow, home of the “floating green.”  The remote controlled par 3 14th hole.  Should be fun, I hope.  The course looks in phenomenal shape.  Went and hit golf balls there today.

IMG_3466.jpeg

i am peanut butter and jealous. hope you had an amazing time today!

On 6/26/2024 at 7:36 AM, Blarg said:

Top of your list is to re-grip those clubs. 

i've regripped every iron except my 3-5. the new grips are a bit bigger as i went with a medium size instead of standard. large was too big.

once i'm done with all my school clean up i'll get the backyard hitting cage setup and start swinging.

18 hours ago, Tank said:

i am peanut butter and jealous. hope you had an amazing time today!

Shot 84 yesterday with an 43/41 round in very blustery conditions.  Wind was howling off Lake Coeur d’Alene yesterday.  Actually made Par on the island green 14th, played 153 directly into the wind.  Hit as hard of a 7 iron I could and it stuck. From the pic, you could see the weather coming in.  Actually just made it through the round before they sounded the weather horn for lightning in the area.

18 hours ago, Blarg said:

Makes you wonder where the drop area is.

The drop area is actually to the right of the green @Blarg.  They don’t make you rehit over the water.

IMG_3478.jpeg