• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Major League Baseball Thread

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Where are you hearing that?

Just adding everything up.

Dipoto didn’t exactly back up his manager when asked about his status.

Seattle flys home tonight and has tomorrow off before a night game Friday. They’re spiraling. It’s the perfect storm for a manager to get fired.

And the way Servais managed tonight’s game  was different than usual. Usually, they’ve been very cautious with pitcher workload— such as pulling Gilbert early against the Angels— but he let Gilbert throw 100 pitches when he was getting shelled. Feels like a manager who knows he’s getting canned.

Also this tweet. He says no inside info, but he has a very good pulse on the team. I get that sense too.

this is from last night's dodger game. it was something i've never seen before and it caused a lot of confusion when it happened. the ball seemed to go over the fence for a homer, but then magically reappeared on the warning track.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/everyone-confused-gavin-luxs-hr-172314518.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAITcA1yuCTfj0MyrbZwwxSW0GVjXjFMB-bv8M9ExwwLBPq-YdCLrDXeG-F6UYY4WGe5Qfje2S3B_KqX4sdhghR5GEZ2B8Bne-oEV6FyrUpSki3lTnY1KeVajlI_nJjbtxKGKE5PzYLa-d0VyhlGxKdLvwCtJz69DEcuJh6IZbESc

23 minutes ago, Ender said:

Thank god. That is the last lever Dipoto has to pull to save his job.

They fail again next year .... he's gone too.

I wish failure on both but my understanding is that Dipoto is to blame by controlling what Servais can do.

They were made for each other.

Sorry, @Ender, I feel your pain watching your team go from 10 games in front to free falling at the end of the season.  Need a 3b?  Low mileage....

12 minutes ago, Ender said:

Don't you try to put that Rendon evil on me!

Just trying to help your offense.  His ability to hit singles and take walks would help because at least there would be a chance for a player to be on base instead of just striking out.  His occasional warning track power could also help as sacrifice flies.  Just take over payments.

19 minutes ago, Ender said:

Don't you try to put that Rendon evil on me!

Honestly, I think you should seriously consider trading one of your starting pitchers to bolster the offense.

In my opinion, Miller seems like the most logical choice to move because of his years of control.

Interestingly, I see the Cubs as a good trade partner for you.

A deal centered around Miller for Ballesteros, Alcantara, and more could make sense. Both Ballesteros and Alcantara could bring much-needed power to the lineup by next season.

Given that Jerry loves making trades, if I were in his shoes, I'd also think about trading Ford, plus some other pieces, for a much-needed bat.

Even without Miller in the rotation, your pitching staff should remain strong for the next 4 to 5 years. However, if you’re serious about making a playoff run, the offense needs a serious boost. Just my thoughts.

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Honestly, I think you should seriously consider trading one of your starting pitchers to bolster the offense.

In my opinion, Miller seems like the most logical choice to move because of his years of control.

Interestingly, I see the Cubs as a good trade partner for you.

A deal centered around Miller for Ballesteros, Alcantara, and more could make sense. Both Ballesteros and Alcantara could bring much-needed power to the lineup by next season.

Given that Jerry loves making trades, if I were in his shoes, I'd also think about trading Ford, plus some other pieces, for a much-needed bat.

Even without Miller in the rotation, your pitching staff should remain strong for the next 4 to 5 years. However, if you’re serious about making a playoff run, the offense needs a serious boost. Just my thoughts.

Trading is probably the only way we can get bats, I agree. Why would any free agent wanna come to Seattle and watch their numbers tank?

I'd trade any of the starters really for good packages, but probably just one of them.

Btw, for anyone still holding out hope of signing Corbin Burnes:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5718036/2024/08/23/corbin-burnes-orioles-free-agency

"Wherever he ends up, Burnes wants to win. An organization’s reputation for how it treats families — Burnes is married with three young children — will unquestionably play a major role, too, he said. Though Burnes grew up in California and lives in Arizona during the offseason, geography isn’t expected to be a key component in his decision. There may be other factors, but family and winning stand out as the important ones."

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Btw, for anyone still holding out hope of signing Corbin Burnes:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5718036/2024/08/23/corbin-burnes-orioles-free-agency

"Wherever he ends up, Burnes wants to win. An organization’s reputation for how it treats families — Burnes is married with three young children — will unquestionably play a major role, too, he said. Though Burnes grew up in California and lives in Arizona during the offseason, geography isn’t expected to be a key component in his decision. There may be other factors, but family and winning stand out as the important ones."

Sounds like he will be a Dodger

On 8/21/2024 at 5:58 AM, Stradling said:

I’m not sure this jeopardizes pitchers health as it would probably change how a pitcher pitches. There are stipulations like if he’s given up 4 runs they can take him out or if he’s at 100 pitches.  

If he is at 100 pitches in the fourth inning the guy's arm is toast. There is no reason for Manfred to fuck with the game. This is an idea that has no reason to be in that warped brain of his, it does not improve the game. 

Yeah mandating innings is lame. It seems that the best way to achieve what they're aiming for is to limit the number of available pitchers on a given night. I'm sure the MLBPA would be happy with a taxi squad for the pitchers that right now have to ride the AAAA Express back and forth. Maybe add a catcer to allow them to get side work in