• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Major League Baseball Thread

On 8/8/2024 at 8:21 AM, m0nkey said:

Jackson Holliday's first 10 games in the majors might not actually have been indicative of his future.  

.375/.444/.917 in his 7 games since getting called back up with 4 home runs (including homers in his last 3 games)

my daughter and i are going to be in baltimore for their sunday night espn game in less than two weeks. we're looking forward to seeing him play. 

On 8/8/2024 at 7:07 AM, jsnpritchett said:

White Sox fired Pedro Grifol. 

if this guy was hired by another team, he'd have to go 101-0 just to get his record back to .500

i don't think he can do it. 

3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

On 7/29/2024 at 9:09 AM, m0nkey said:

Season long numbers (only 10 starts) are still ugly but looks like Snell may have turned the corner.  15 strikeouts in 6 innings his last time out, and since coming off the IL:

12 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Snell hasn't allowed a hit through 6 against the Braves tonight.  No way he'll finish the game, though: he's at 98 pitches.

Incredible turnaround since coming off the IL in July.  

7 starts, 45.1 innings, 60 strikeouts and just 14 walks with a 0.99 ERA.  Hitters have a .335 OPS against him in that time

MLB Considering Rules To Keep Starting Pitchers In Games Longer

One of the biggest differences between modern baseball and past versions of the game is declining starting pitcher usage. Many fans and people in the baseball world want to reverse this trend and the league is considering some rule changes that could help in that regard, per Jesse Rogers of ESPN.

The most drastic change on the table is a rule that would dictate starting pitchers have to complete six innings before being removed from a game.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/08/mlb-considering-rules-to-keep-starting-pitchers-in-games-longer.html

Shohei Ohtani in his last 19 games is 13 for his last 80 (.150 average), but with 7 home runs and 11 steals.  He's currently at 39 homers and 37 steals, so a 50/50 season is not out of reach for him. 

Think the MVP is locked up for him because the narrative is already built in since he got off to a great start, but WAR wise, there's a couple guys with a case (Marte, Lindor).

9 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Sorry if already posted but Austin Riley has a fractured hand....hate that for the Braves (my #2 team)...I don't think Jack K was trying to hit him, just an inside pitch that he didn't get out of the way of.....

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/08/braves-austin-riley-broken-hand-six-eight-weeks-season-ending.html

I was just about to post this.  Definitely sucks for the Braves.  They've had a brutal year of injuries.

Maybe they'll pick up Guillorme--or put in a claim on Drury if/when the Angels put him on waivers...? 

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I was just about to post this.  Definitely sucks for the Braves.  They've had a brutal year of injuries.

Maybe they'll pick up Guillorme--or put in a claim on Drury if/when the Angels put him on waivers...? 

I didn't think Guillorme would be a bad idea for them, particulalry since he has some history with them....I thought he was decent, particularly defensively....I bet they try Alvarez and hope he's another young guy who produces quickly....they have a pretty good track record of that...

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I didn't think Guillorme would be a bad idea for them, particulalry since he has some history with them....I thought he was decent, particularly defensively....I bet they try Alvarez and hope he's another young guy who produces quickly....they have a pretty good track record of that...

Alvarez is apparently dealing with a bout of pneumonia right now, believe it or not. It's just one thing after another with their whole system this year. Lol

11 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Alvarez is apparently dealing with a bout of pneumonia right now, believe it or not. It's just one thing after another with their whole system this year. Lol

That doesn't sound good...it's not a broken wrist but it's not something you recover from quickly....Guillorme would make some sense....they have enough offense that good defense at 3b (maybe Guillorme or Whit Merrifield when Albies gets back) might be enough...

13 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Shohei Ohtani in his last 19 games is 13 for his last 80 (.150 average), but with 7 home runs and 11 steals.  He's currently at 39 homers and 37 steals, so a 50/50 season is not out of reach for him. 

Think the MVP is locked up for him because the narrative is already built in since he got off to a great start, but WAR wise, there's a couple guys with a case (Marte, Lindor).

mvp voters will have a difficult time looking past the the first 50/50 season if he gets there. 

23 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

You surprised the Braves signed Urshela rather than Guillorme?  I like them both and they can both play multiple positions but I think they are going to probably plug Urshela in at 3b and see what he can do...

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

You surprised the Braves signed Urshela rather than Guillorme?  I like them both and they can both play multiple positions but I think they are going to probably plug Urshela in at 3b and see what he can do...

I'm not all that surprised.  I had honestly forgotten that the Tigers cut him loose.  I don't think either of them would make a big difference.

On 8/15/2024 at 4:50 PM, Redondo said:

MLB Considering Rules To Keep Starting Pitchers In Games Longer

One of the biggest differences between modern baseball and past versions of the game is declining starting pitcher usage. Many fans and people in the baseball world want to reverse this trend and the league is considering some rule changes that could help in that regard, per Jesse Rogers of ESPN.

The most drastic change on the table is a rule that would dictate starting pitchers have to complete six innings before being removed from a game.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/08/mlb-considering-rules-to-keep-starting-pitchers-in-games-longer.html

Can't we fire that dumbass Commissioner? This is the jackass that has had a working computer ball/strike system and yet won't implement it while umpiring has spun out of control. Instead he wants to jeopardize the health of pitchers as a first priority. Fuck this asshole. 

17 hours ago, Blarg said:

Can't we fire that dumbass Commissioner? This is the jackass that has had a working computer ball/strike system and yet won't implement it while umpiring has spun out of control. Instead he wants to jeopardize the health of pitchers as a first priority. Fuck this asshole. 

I’m not sure this jeopardizes pitchers health as it would probably change how a pitcher pitches. There are stipulations like if he’s given up 4 runs they can take him out or if he’s at 100 pitches.