• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Major League Baseball Thread

On 6/18/2024 at 12:24 AM, AngelStew43 said:

Can J.D. Davis play a decent 3B?  He has a good track record with the bat.  Lord knows we could use a little more offense.  Hits from the right side, may make a decent platoon partner for Schaunel.

JD stinks plus halos have Sano coming back.

29 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Ward to Yankees

Don't know if that's a fit, unless they want to shuffle Ward (or another external Stanton replacement)/Soto/Verdugo/Judge between OF and DH. Then 2/3 of their outfield can be fresno state bulldogs. 

Yankees also have Dominguez who just hurt himself and is out 8 weeks, but he could be an option for them down the line too.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

We'll know by tomorrow if anyone claimed him.  I'd be mildly surprised if someone doesn't.

I actually would be.  I legit felt it was as good a time to DFA as any because when I have seen him pitch he's looked awful.  He didn't look like a guy who was just missing, he just looked broken. I don't think anyone that picks him up can really afford to keep him at the MLB level and I'm one of the few people here who doesn't hate him lol.. 

Dude needs to go down and rewire himself.  

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I actually would be.  I legit felt it was as good a time to DFA as any because when I have seen him pitch he's looked awful.  He didn't look like a guy who was just missing, he just looked broken. I don't think anyone that picks him up can really afford to keep him at the MLB level and I'm one of the few people here who doesn't hate him lol.. 

Dude needs to go down and rewire himself.  

I could see the White Sox taking a shot at him.  Their pitching has been as bad as the Angels. 

I don't really care one way or the other at this point, because it certainly doesn't seem like the Angels can figure out how to fix him.  I'd actually prefer it if he got a shot somewhere else just to give him a fresh start.

27 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I could see the White Sox taking a shot at him.  Their pitching has been as bad as the Angels. 

I don't really care one way or the other at this point, because it certainly doesn't seem like the Angels can figure out how to fix him.  I'd actually prefer it if he got a shot somewhere else just to give him a fresh start.

Gooood call.  

They have honestly been so bad I forget they are a MLB team.  100% you're right.  I could totally see them going with him and allowing him to pitch through it at the MLB.  But can you imagine the amount of bombs he'd give up pitching in that park missing up all the time?

It would be ugly.

On 6/25/2024 at 12:52 PM, Blarg said:

You mean Minasian could have gotten World Series winner Dallas Kuechel? Is there no accountability in the front office! 

World series winner and Cy Young winner.  Asleep at the wheel again

On 6/25/2024 at 12:39 PM, jsnpritchett said:

I didn't even realize he was still hanging around.  He's been at AAA all year so far.

That's like old friend Justin Anderson making it back to the majors this year after not appearing in an MLB game in 5 years.