• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Major League Baseball Thread

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

With the way the Dodgers burn through pitchers is there even a slight chance Ohtani stays healthy on the mound when he comes back?  

You could have said that about the Angels when they signed Ohtani, and then after his first surgery. 

I think he will win another MVP as a dual player but it's the combination of pitching and DH that will grind him down. Without the Dodgers capping his DH time to give his body rest periods he will burn out again. The Angels let Ohtani dictate his use, the Dodgers have to be better otherwise he will end up a DH only. 

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You could have said that about the Angels when they signed Ohtani, and then after his first surgery. 

I think he will win another MVP as a dual player but it's the combination of pitching and DH that will grind him down. Without the Dodgers capping his DH time to give his body rest periods he will burn out again. The Angels let Ohtani dictate his use, the Dodgers have to be better otherwise he will end up a DH only. 

If Ohtani could not pitch again I put him in OF. I do not believe by pitching and DH is a problem for him. Many pitchers end up with arm problems but if he can only hit 50HR plus 50 SB is still a MVP player.

The authenticator has his hands full right now in the Dodger dugout. 

Marlins fans called him out of the dugout for a curtain call, and I’m not sure I can remember seeing that happen for a visiting player. 

No word yet on the ball he hit for #50. A fan caught it, and I’m sure negotiations are underway. 

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

The authenticator has his hands full right now in the Dodger dugout. 

Marlins fans called him out of the dugout for a curtain call, and I’m not sure I can remember seeing that happen for a visiting player. 

No word yet on the ball he hit for #50. A fan caught it, and I’m sure negotiations are underway. 

You forget all those times Jeter was at the big A.  

2 hours ago, Tank said:

apparently the fan who got #50 has decided to keep it, which he has every right to do. from what i vaguely remember, in such cases the MLB doesn't certify the ball, so if that's true, this guy missed a golden opportunity.

https://www.si.com/mlb/shohei-ohtani-historic-50-50-home-run-fan-keeps-ball

22 hours ago, Tank said:

apparently the fan who got #50 has decided to keep it, which he has every right to do. from what i vaguely remember, in such cases the MLB doesn't certify the ball, so if that's true, this guy missed a golden opportunity.

https://www.si.com/mlb/shohei-ohtani-historic-50-50-home-run-fan-keeps-ball

If that's how it works, it's a shitty thing of MLB to do....  

In this specific case, it sounds like it was certified but other lesser “milestones” don’t have this same authentication process. It’s why his first homer as a dodger was a big ordeal, the authenticators supposedly were strong arming the fan who had it. 

https://www.cllct.com/sports-collectibles/memorabilia/inside-the-fight-for-shohei-ohtani-s-1-m-home-run-ball

The value of the ball remains intact, thanks to the fact that, just an inning before, MLB authenticators put covert markings on balls in play to Ohtani that will allow them to authenticate the ball at any time.”