• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Major League Baseball Thread

these all star uniforms are so brutally offensive to the senses. 

it's so difficult to tell who a lot of players are or what team they play for, especially for young fans or new fans to the game. this is a horrible way to try and grow the game. i can't wait for this ugly uniform era to come to an end in all sports.

images-1.jpg

images.jpg

tyler anderson didn't get into the game. i don't know if this was by design but it's not the first time the angels lone representative rode the pine instead of getting into the game.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

tyler anderson didn't get into the game. i don't know if this was by design but it's not the first time the angels lone representative rode the pine instead of getting into the game.

He did just throw 92 pitches on the 12th.  Maybe the Angels asked for him not to pitch.

statcast is claiming ohtani's homer is the second longest of all time at dodger stadium.

i'm not sure about that. stargell cleared the roof twice. gotta think both of those were longer. plus whoever else cleared the roof (stanton and maybe piazza or macgwire?).

30 minutes ago, Tank said:

statcast is claiming ohtani's homer is the second longest of all time at dodger stadium.

i'm not sure about that. stargell cleared the roof twice. gotta think both of those were longer. plus whoever else cleared the roof (stanton and maybe piazza or macgwire?).

It's probably just the longest in the StatCast era, right? 

21 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

It's probably just the longest in the StatCast era, right? 

well that's what i was thinking, but my daughter said whoever wrote it insisted on "ever."

On 7/16/2024 at 9:44 AM, jsnpritchett said:

Padres direct-to-consumer streaming service for their games has 40,000 subscribers. At $19.99/month for the 6 months of the season, that means they're only bringing in a little less than $5M from it. 

This is why Streaming is Broken and the Rights Fees are out of whack. 

I remember when the Dodgers deal happened, and Mason and Ireland were talking about this and they gave them this number, like maybe they get $10M per season from 100k subscribers, but with 2M cable subs at the time in LA, $7 a month per subscriber was like $168M in revenue. Made sense.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

This is why Streaming is Broken and the Rights Fees are out of whack. 

I remember when the Dodgers deal happened, and Mason and Ireland were talking about this and they gave them this number, like maybe they get $10M per season from 100k subscribers, but with 2M cable subs at the time in LA, $7 a month per subscriber was like $168M in revenue. Made sense.

Yeah, I've been saying this for years now.  The math simply doesn't add up for teams if everything pivots to direct-to-consumer streaming.  The ad revenue from that won't come close to making up for the overall decline in rights fees from cable/satellite distributors.