• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

Went to the Inland Empire game tonite. My takeaway was that it looked like a high school team against a college team. Lost count of how many walks the 66'er pitchers gave up. In the inning they gave up 8 runs there were 2 passed balls by Laverde, and 3 wild pitches. They were so outmatched. We left after 6 innings, when the score was 13-2.

10 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

Dave, are you ok?  I enjoy reading when you post.  You and Chuck have a great deal of insight into the Angels organization.  Get well soon!

Tha KS for asking AngelStew43. I'm mostly okay. I should be going home in the next day or two, depending on the results of a test tomorrow. Long story short, since last November, almost every 6 weeks, I have spent at least a week in the hospital with a severe infection. They haven't been able to identify the source of the infection, and so, they've given me antibiotics and sent me home. And, about 6 weeks later, I'm spiking fevers of 104.5 degrees again. I've spent just about 3 total months of my life since last November in the hospital. I've had 9 surgeries so far. One more and I get a free lobotomy! 

Thanks for the compliments on my writing. I really miss it and feel very badly that I couldn't do any interviews with the 66ers this year. I will make it a goal to get there next year. Hopefully we will have more talent there next year. 

7 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Went to the Inland Empire game tonite. My takeaway was that it looked like a high school team against a college team. Lost count of how many walks the 66'er pitchers gave up. In the inning they gave up 8 runs there were 2 passed balls by Laverde, and 3 wild pitches. They were so outmatched. We left after 6 innings, when the score was 13-2.

Sorry that happened to you. 

8 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Their starting pitching is awful. They pretty much just have position player prospects right now outside of Barrett Kent who is having a poor season outside of his K rate. 

3 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Could Brett Kerry get a call up soon? He’s had 3 years already in the minors which in Perry World is an ETERNITY! seems to have started to put it all together over his last 5 starts. Or is he a wait till mid season next year type of guy 

Does he have to be protected next year?  If so they could bring him up. I’m not sure who gets DFA’d to put him on the 40 man. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Does he have to be protected next year?  If so they could bring him up. I’m not sure who gets DFA’d to put him on the 40 man. 

Yep, he does. Everyone from the 2021 draft class needs to be protected this off-season or be exposed to the Rule 5 draft. 

He'll be 26 at the beginning of next season. I'm still not sure he's much of a prospect. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

When you say "next year" do you mean this years Rule 5 draft in December 2024 or after the 2025 season??  The rule is players over age 19 must be added within 4 years of being drafted, players 18 or younger within 5.  

7 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Could Brett Kerry get a call up soon? He’s had 3 years already in the minors which in Perry World is an ETERNITY! seems to have started to put it all together over his last 5 starts. Or is he a wait till mid season next year type of guy 

Since going back to AA in mid-July:

53 innings, 3.06 ERA, 0.89 WHIP, 65/13 Ks/BBs

One prospect that I don't get the hype on at all, especially after watching him a lot this season is Denzer Guzman. 

To me he's not a top-10 guy and I'd argue he's not even a top-30 prospect. 

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

One prospect that I don't get the hype on at all, especially after watching him a lot this season is Denzer Guzman. 

To me he's not a top-10 guy and I'd argue he's not even a top-30 prospect. 

Meh, he's young still. 

This is his age 20 season, he's almost three years below the league average in High A almost 4 in AA.  It's doubtful he would have been pushed up the ladder as much in a deeper organization.  At his age Renfigo was in Low A putting up a sub .715 OPS

I sincerely hope they let him play winter ball this year -- for a lot of these guys it acts like a bit of a launching pad for them performance wise the following season.

On the subject of Rada, I do wonder why they didn’t play him in A+ ball for the 2024 season.

His hitting approach isn’t harmed as much by the extreme pitching conditions in Tri-Cities.

Age 18 in AA is a lot to ask of ANY player.  Even Trout didn’t play in AA at age 18.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

On the subject of Rada, I do wonder why they didn’t play him in A+ ball for the 2024 season.

His hitting approach isn’t harmed as much by the extreme pitching conditions in Tri-Cities.

Age 18 in AA is a lot to ask of ANY player.  Even Trout didn’t play in AA at age 18.

That park is soul crushing.  I think they'd have an easier time getting him to accept that he's just young and that he's doing fine than being told -- no, really it's not you, it's the park...

The sooner they get out of that place the better.