• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Joe who?

He doesn't post here. 

Dude was offered a job by ESPN to write for them but the pay wasn't worth moving to Bristol.  You would have liked him, sarcastic as hell, he didn't suffer fools at all and statistically way ahead of the curve.  He was an Indians fan and was at times a harsh critic of the Angels but never without cause and he attended every Angel fan event we ever set up -- big music fan too.

A legitimately great writer.

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He doesn't post here. 

Dude was offered a job by ESPN to write for them but the pay wasn't worth moving to Bristol.  You would have liked him, sarcastic as hell, he didn't suffer fools at all and statistically way ahead of the curve.  He was an Indians fan and was at times a harsh critic of the Angels but never without cause and he attended every Angel fan event we ever set up -- big music fan too.

A legitimately great writer.

He also used to bring his own Cleveland mustard with him to Angels games. 

15 hours ago, Tank said:

Y’all missed some epic discussions on pitcher abuse on the old AOL boards. IP and another guy knew this stuff way before anyone else that I knew of, and their insights were absolute game changers in understanding the game more deeply. They talked about things that were unheard of, and they were spot on accurate. 

Anytime I find myself on the other side of an IP opinion, I feel like a retard.

That doesn't happen often, of course, given my high baseball intellect

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Bad outing for Klassen tonight: 4 innings, 6 hits, 5 ER, 5 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, and 2 wild pitches.  He has now walked 18 guys in 19 2/3 innings since being traded to the Angels.

Should have sent him to A+ and not AA.   Only had 5 starts in A+ ball for the Phillies.

This aggressive promoting needs a balance.

Are they just anti-Tri-Cities?

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Can’t anyone in this org throw strikes without so many walks, other than Dana?

Both Klassen and Aldegheri are having control issues.

Don't worry so much about results. Obviously I don't know what these guys are working on but it's not likely they're just going out there raw trying to pitch a shutout.

But again, I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Detmers with a very good game tonight, aside from the walks.  6 innings, 2 hits, 1 ER, 4 BB, 9 K.

That's 3 straight outings where he has given up just 1 run. Time to call him up, but no, wait a minute, let's keep running Cueto and Canning out there because they are the future.

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, at this point, I don't see what leaving him down there is going to accomplish.

Detmers, even if making remaining starts up here, will still have under 3 years MLB service time.

There is zero reason to not call him up to start in this rotation the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

They must be making it look like they aren't trying to do any service time manipulation as they try to manipulate his service time....

Except it’s not even close to completing the 3rd service year.

If he makes his remaining starts up here, that’s only around 2.55 service years.

Plus he mostly struggled until the past 3 starts.   Seems logical to have kept him down in AAA until righting himself.   Now that he seemingly has, call him up.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

If you’re walking guys at AA you’d be walking guys at A+

Yes and no. 

The lower the level, the more you'll come across undisciplined hitters that will swing at non-strikes.  That said, nothing wrong with late season promotion.  Better to give him a taste of what he will up against next season.

Also -- small sample, pretty much a nothingburger.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yes and no. 

The lower the level, the more you'll come across undisciplined hitters that will swing at non-strikes.  That said, nothing wrong with late season promotion.  Better to give him a taste of what he will up against next season.

Also -- small sample, pretty much a nothingburger.

Possibly--or evidence that the control problems he had in college are still present.