• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

Detmers with his 2nd in a row dominant outing....1 run (lead off homer), 6 hits, 1 walk, 9 K's.

I didn't realize Crouse had been sent down to SLC. I think they need to bring him back up and stop using people like Bauman and Burke. Crouse had a good ERA which was inflated because he was pulled twice with 2 runners on and 2 outs and the reliever let all the runners score.

13 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Wise to not have brought him up.

Let’s see how he adjusts.

that's for sure. it's easy for us to get excited about a guy like moore who starts off like a rocket, and the calls on this board and on social media to bring him up were plentiful. but he needs time to adjust to a different level of play. he's no longer playing against college kids; he's playing against teams filled with guys just like him.

he'll be here soon enough. no need to rush him.

I know Moore has been getting a-lot of talk, But David Mershon is looking pretty good down in AA. 

It’s only been 11 games, but a 21.7% strikeout rate and a 6.5% walk rate aren't bad at all. He’s hitting .293 with a .348 OBP. I’d love to see more power, but that’s not really his profile. He could be a guy to keep an eye on.

I would also like to see Nicholson get challenged, his numbers in A are not bad, but push him and see what he has.  

Does anyone know why they Kept Foster down in the CPX? he can hit, and has cut his K-rate down. Move this Kid up a level. 

3 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Does anyone know why they Kept Foster down in the CPX? he can hit, and has cut his K-rate down. Move this Kid up a level

He’s been in Single-A the past month or so.

I think they kept him down because the ACL Angels were in a playoff push (they missed by a game or two). They want their guys to experience the playoffs if possible and wouldn’t want to take away their best hitter.

5 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I know Moore has been getting a-lot of talk, But David Mershon is looking pretty good down in AA. 

It’s only been 11 games, but a 21.7% strikeout rate and a 6.5% walk rate aren't bad at all. He’s hitting .293 with a .348 OBP. I’d love to see more power, but that’s not really his profile. He could be a guy to keep an eye on.

I'm guessing they are trying to turn him into a super utility player like Chone Figgens. He has already started at 2B, 3B, SS, and CF.

This is pretty much word for word what was hinted at about Moore by the evaluator I spoke with. Great exit velocity on fastballs. Notice he said nothing about breaking balls, just noting that his swing can lengthen and his road to the majors should be a bit longer than Schanuel or Neto.

37 minutes ago, Second Base said:

This is pretty much word for word what was hinted at about Moore by the evaluator I spoke with. Great exit velocity on fastballs. Notice he said nothing about breaking balls, just noting that his swing can lengthen and his road to the majors should be a bit longer than Schanuel or Neto.

Have you considered changing your name to Scotty Base? Add in ball? Scotty Baseball, kinda mix the two together.  Good idea imo.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Dana is incredible, how tf this dude isn’t a top 30 prospect is beyond me at this point. Kid just won’t stop dominating 

I'd say it's a combination of being in the Angels' system as well as him still being "raw" (as in, he really only has 2 pitches). You might argue that makes what he's doing even more amazing, but he's still very young and has a ways to go. 

It's great to see positive results, though. We'll see how his 3rd pitch develops and how it translates into getting batters out. 

3 hours ago, Angels in 2030 said:

What is very encouraging with Dana is he is seemingly getting stronger (and better) late in the season.  All of that while being BY FAR the most innings he's ever pitched in a year.  

Crazy because he only threw 68 innings a year ago (half of this season)

I guess the smooth delivery helps to build endurance?

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Crazy because he only threw 68 innings a year ago (half of this season)

I guess the smooth delivery helps to build endurance?

I think that's a fair guess. He really has amazing mechanics. Effortless, no weird arm angles, just straight 12-6 towards the plate. 

Will be interesting to see if he can work on other pitches and maintain that same delivery and arm motion. 

13 hours ago, Angels in 2030 said:

What is very encouraging with Dana is he is seemingly getting stronger (and better) late in the season.  All of that while being BY FAR the most innings he's ever pitched in a year.  

Keep in mind, guys who have been at a level all season tend to have an edge on guys getting promotions. Its not uncommon to see teams bump guys up after the deadline and draft. Dana is a legit talent but people need to remember there are a lot of things that happen in the minors that can skew results.