• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

On 8/20/2024 at 8:52 AM, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Kinda of want to see Foster and Nicholson moved up to A+, there a bit on the older side, would love to see them get tested in A+, same with Kent, I think he should get some starts up in A+ to the end the season. 

Costeiu up to AA

Dfaing Baucman and Moore, and calling up Hicks & Torres. 

They are not DFAing Baumann or Bachman.

9 Games, 3 he allowed runs and in 6 he did not. He is under club control for up to 4 more seasons.

Bachman may not be the ace everyone hoped but he will be here for a while too.

I'd really like to see the end of the year rotation include Detmers, Bachman, Canning (eh), Koch, Cueto, and Anderson. I don't need to see Davis Daniel anymore. Don't need to try and start Mederos, I think it's clear he's a reliever for 30 pitches thorwing 98-99 instead of 94-95 for 70. No more Rosenberg. Fulmer can't get to 5 innings, leave him in the pen for mop up. That'll tell us what we have next year. I have a feeling that Canning is a non-tender candidate (I know @BTH also said this). 

Detmers
Anderson
Bachman
Silseth
Koch
Dana
Kassan
Daniel
Aldhegeri
Kerry

Those guys are competing for 4 spots, sign one FA pitcher. 

20 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

I'd really like to see the end of the year rotation include Detmers, Bachman, Canning (eh), Koch, Cueto, and Anderson. I don't need to see Davis Daniel anymore. Don't need to try and start Mederos, I think it's clear he's a reliever for 30 pitches thorwing 98-99 instead of 94-95 for 70. No more Rosenberg. Fulmer can't get to 5 innings, leave him in the pen for mop up. That'll tell us what we have next year. I have a feeling that Canning is a non-tender candidate (I know @BTH also said this). 

Detmers
Anderson
Bachman
Silseth
Koch
Dana
Kassan
Daniel
Aldhegeri
Kerry

Those guys are competing for 4 spots, sign one FA pitcher. 

I’d remove the last four from that mix, at least to start the season. Kerry is a poor man’s Davis Daniel. Daniel might be out of options in which case he may be the next long man a la Barría/Suarez/Fulmer. Klassen and Aldegheri need more time.

I also think you forgot Soriano 🙂

So:

FA

Soriano

Anderson

and two of Detmers/Silseth/Bachman/Dana/Kochanowicz.

6 minutes ago, BTH said:

I’d remove the last four from that mix, at least to start the season. Kerry is a poor man’s Davis Daniel. Daniel might be out of options in which case he may be the next long man a la Barría/Suarez/Fulmer. Klassen and Aldegheri need more time.

So:

FA

Soriano

Anderson

throw up team america GIF

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Wise to not have brought him up.

Let’s see how he adjusts.

Yup. Obviously his early hitting wasn't sustainable, so I think the Angels did the wise thing and kept him in AA to see how he adjusts. He's got 19 games left in the Trash Panda season, so I suppose how he does will determine whether or not we see him in Anaheim. Even if he doesn't get hot again - if he merely holds his own - I still think there's a chance that he'll get a cup, just to give him a taste of the big leagues. But either way I think he'll be starting 2025 in the minors and will only be called up when it is clear he is ready.

23 hours ago, BTH said:

So:

FA

Soriano

Anderson

Embarrassing to have forgotten Soriano haha. My fault. 

I have a feeling Detmers stabilizes, not into the ace we hoped but a very solid #3. And if Dana gets beat out and pitches in AAA for awhile, so be it. 

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I still think Detmers can be a solid #2. He's got the stuff for it, and I have hope he can get his mental house in order.

I agree, super disappointed how this season has gone for him because I thought he was going to break out and be exactly what that ceiling is. 

If he struggles in a return, I’m still curious about the idea of swapping him to St. Louis for one of their struggling hitters, both also optioned to minors this year, both still young as Reid. Detmers has a bunch of STL connections, and both Jordan Walker and Nolan Gorman strike me as guys similar to Detmers at this point in their careers. A change of scenery deal could make sense if he doesn’t right the ship by end of year.