• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Bendy stuff is hard.  Everyone now knows he can belt FBs -- now he gets to prove he can actually hit people trying to pitch.

His one issue in college was having some swing and miss, probably mainly with the off speed?

Call him up after minor league season ends?

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Bendy stuff is hard.  Everyone now knows he can belt FBs -- now he gets to prove he can actually hit people trying to pitch.

Right. Let's see how he adjusts, or rather how long it takes. I still think there's no reason not to play him in AA through the end of the minor league season and then give him a cup in Anaheim in September, with the plan on starting next year in the minors - and probably need a couple months, plus or minus.

Kinda of want to see Foster and Nicholson moved up to A+, there a bit on the older side, would love to see them get tested in A+, same with Kent, I think he should get some starts up in A+ to the end the season. 

Costeiu up to AA

Dfaing Baucman and Moore, and calling up Hicks & Torres. 

he was absolutely filthy! I would say that he’s easily the best pitching prospect since Ohtani. And he’s only 20! Give him a year to develop and refinement of his third and fourth pitches, and he could be a top 10 prospect in the game next season.

Moore is also climbing those rankings! The ball the ball leaves the bat is Special. 

2023 3rd rounder Alberto Rios has been hitting the ball better since returning from injury but hopefully more power starts showing up. He is hitting .297 with a .400 OBP in those 14 games but all of his hits have been singles.

It's honestly baffling why Dana isn't getting the recognition he deserves from scouts. How many 20-year-olds are dominating the minors like he is? I could understand the skepticism if he were 22, but he's just 20, made the leap from Single-A straight to Double-A, and has been absolutely dominant. The fact that he still has room to grow and improve makes it even more impressive. I just don't get it... Take Lower, for instance. Dana is clearly younger, has better stuff, had a better season, and has more upside, yet one is ranked 35, and the other is ranked 74.

Overall, we've got some solid pitching talent with high upside:

1. Dana
  2. Klassen
  3. Aldegheri
  4. Johnson
  5. Kent
  6. Cortez

58 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

It's honestly baffling why Dana isn't getting the recognition he deserves from scouts. How many 20-year-olds are dominating the minors like he is? I could understand the skepticism if he were 22, but he's just 20, made the leap from Single-A straight to Double-A, and has been absolutely dominant. The fact that he still has room to grow and improve makes it even more impressive. I just don't get it... Take Lower, for instance. Dana is clearly younger, has better stuff, had a better season, and has more upside, yet one is ranked 35, and the other is ranked 74.

1. Dana
  2. Klassen
  3. Aldegheri
  4. Johnson
  5. Kent
  6. Cortez

Even if he was 22 it would be impressive. 

This is the main issue with "rankings". No site can possibly have scouts watching every prospect in baseball and then coordinate a top 100 list based on their findings. They will watch the big name guys and highly touted systems and just fill in the rest by word of mouth (aka, reading other sites). 

The Angels do get "looked" over, and while there's a level of bias there, it's really just about practicality. You gonna send a couple scouts to scour the Angels' farm system to find some gems that make the system look slightly less shitty? Again, clean peanuts. 

Once the organization starts getting better prospects, more scouts will watch them, and more players will be watched, then "hey you guys should see this kid from Tri City", then the good prospects look even better and get ranked higher on these top 100 lists. 😃👍 

Wendy's etc. 

I dont see the point in getting upset that someone isnt ranked higher what does it really mean anyways all it is that I see is one person or groups opinion of someone big deal people are wrong all the time when Dana gets to the bigs and dominates hitters he can then say lol barley top 100 that jerks. What is the real value in a number some random person gave to someone. 

8 minutes ago, Chitown27Fan said:

I dont see the point in getting upset that someone isnt ranked higher what does it really mean anyways all it is that I see is one person or groups opinion of someone big deal people are wrong all the time when Dana gets to the bigs and dominates hitters he can then say lol barley top 100 that jerks. What is the real value in a number some random person gave to someone. 

A lot of fans feel the need to get external validation for some reason, almost as if the overall value of their fanship is lessened if outside sources don't think as highly of Angels players/prospects as we fans do. 

3 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

1. Dana
  2. Klassen
  3. Aldegheri
  4. Johnson
  5. Kent
  6. Cortez

Bachman