• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

Anyone been keeping close tabs on Kent?

I saw that until he struggled Sunday, he had a 4 start stretch where he averaged 5 innings a start with a 2.70 ERA and 1.30 WHIP and just 1 HR allowed.

Overall the hits allowed is decent (95 in 100.1 innings) and the HRs ok (12) and the Ks good (107), but the BBs is high (55).

Guessimy he is close to being shut down for 2024?

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Anyone been keeping close tabs on Kent?

I saw that until he struggled Sunday, he had a 4 start stretch where he averaged 5 innings a start with a 2.70 ERA and 1.30 WHIP and just 1 HR allowed.

Overall the hits allowed is decent (95 in 100.1 innings) and the HRs ok (12) and the Ks good (107), but the BBs is high (55).

Guessimy he is close to being shut down for 2024?

Seeing as how they’re basically letting Soriano and Dana just go, I’m guessing Kent is as well.

FIP and xFIP suggest his ERA should be closer to 5 than 6, which still isn’t great, but given his age, I’m not too worried. I think he’s looked great the starts I’ve seen, just young and prone to a big, bad inning and being erratic. But he’s in the top of the leagues for K and strikeout-related metrics.

I’ll also add that by adding Klaseen, Jordan and TGA, I think some of the pressure is off Kent now too, at least from an org stand point. Kent was basically the only other SP prospect after Dana, at least in that ‘wave’ and timeline. They can afford more patience with him now. Wouldn’t be surprised if they challenge him at AA next year though still, especially if Perry is around. 

Some observations.....I was excited the 1st half of the season with Rocket City's bullpen. Lately, they seem to have fallen off badly and in several instance relieved pitchers with 2 out and 2 runners on and let both runners score as well as giving up additional runs. The defense seems to commit a lot of errors. They committed 2 errors in the same inning tonight accounting for Dana's unearned runs. Mershon has already made 4 errors in his short stint.

I think the recent signing of FA relief pitchers is because of the recent deterioration in the Rocket City bullpen. Previously it looked like 4-5 pitchers were doing well. I think it's down to 1-2 now.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Dana only went 3 2/3 innings tonight. 3 hits, 3 runs (only 1 earned), 3 walks, 4 K. Only threw 67 pitches before they pulled him. 

I watched. The defense was atrocious tonight during Dana's time on the mound. They were charged with two errors but it could have been at least one if not two more. 

32 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I watched. The defense was atrocious tonight during Dana's time on the mound. They were charged with two errors but it could have been at least one if not two more. 

Infield defense looked like a pinball game

Why isn’t Minacci talked about more? Genuinely asking, seems to be having a very good year outside of a few bad games over the last 30 games. I’m not very familiar as to how relievers are brought up through the minors once drafted. Is he a possible end of the year call up or does he need more seasoning in AA/AAA this year and next. 

2 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Costeiu is probably a tad old for High-A but he’s having a hell of a season.

He missed a year and a half following his Tommy John surgery in 2022, so he doesn't have that much minor league experience.  But yes, he has performed well when healthy.  I think he is derserving of a 40 man roster spot for next season.

Yeferson Vargas is definitely a prospect to watch. In his two starts in the inlands, he’s looked absolutely filthy. While his command remains a concern, he could develop two plus pitches, and he's still quite young.

Costeiu is one of my favorite right-handed pitching prospects in the system. I’m eager to see him get some starts in Double-A. Although his command has taken a step back this year, likely due to his recovery from Tommy John surgery, I believe he’ll have  above-average command. His stuff is good,  a changeup that occasionally flashes plus

9 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Why isn’t Minacci talked about more? Genuinely asking, seems to be having a very good year outside of a few bad games over the last 30 games. I’m not very familiar as to how relievers are brought up through the minors once drafted. Is he a possible end of the year call up or does he need more seasoning in AA/AAA this year and next. 

I think we'll see him and Darrell-Hicks next up. 

@ryanmfalla caught up with Minacci a few weeks ago. 

12 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Not sure why he isn’t discussed much, but he’s definitely the Angels best pure RP prospect.

My guess is he’ll stay in AA this year and beginning of next, with a possible mid-season call up in 2025.