• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

11 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Not counting on him until ST 2026 anyway

They will need to sign 1 or 2 #3/#4 FA guys anyway to 1-2 year deals this off-season.

Have to keep Canning now and 5 mill. Lorenzen could be an option maybe time to look at Bauer, Urias. Jose Suarez could always be an option. Bring back Jamie Barria for 2025

One striking thing about Moore is that his line in AA is basically exactly the same as it was in A. I know, 6 and 2 games respectively, but still.

A: .546/.583/1.000

AA: .543/.579/1.114

That is obviously a guy who is so far above the minor league competition that it didn't register at all when he jumped two levels. Now obviously those numbers will come down. Aaron Judge wouldn't hit that well in a full year of AA (at least the BA). But if he keeps hitting this well, or even just close to this well, my guess is the Angels will say "enough's enough" and call him up within the next week or so.

At this point, I don't think it is a question of whether or not he's called up this year, but when. My guess is:

If he keeps destroying AA - within the next week or so

If he keeps playing very well - rosters expand on Sept 1 

If he keeps playing pretty well - end of AA season in mid Sept

The only way he isn't called up after the AA season ends is if he gets hurt or completely tanks. Even then, they might just call him up after AA ends to hang out with Ron Washington and the gang and get a few at-bats.

I think having him come up after the AA season ends is the best move, but that's mostly so the "rushing players" narrative can stop. I doubt the org gives a shit about that though. 

Honestly I just wanna see what he can do with 100 minor league at bats. Can he hit 20 dingers? Maybe!

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I think having him come up after the AA season ends is the best move, but that's mostly so the "rushing players" narrative can stop. I doubt the org gives a shit about that though. 

Honestly I just wanna see what he can do with 100 minor league at bats. Can he hit 20 dingers? Maybe!

Angels only have 13 games after Rocket City's season ends. I still have a feeling we'll see him get called up before the end of this month. 

37 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I hear you, but if he keeps mashing--even garden variety mashing (e.g. .300/.350/.550)--it would almost be weird not to call him up, like they're just trying to prove a point. I mean, what team wouldn't call him up after 20 games if he's hitting .400/.450/.750? (which is about what his line will look like if he hits .300/.350/.550 for the next twelve games).

Stats aside, though, I can't get a bead on how much of this is a high-flying, pumped prospect feasting on mistake pitches vs. actual mastery. His low K-rate implies the latter - meaning, he's actually dominating pitchers.

That said, given that it is the minors, it might be worth giving him 20ish games, just to make sure he sees a variety of pitchers (and pitches). I haven't checked the pitchers he's faced, but 8 games is few enough that he could mostly be facing a combination of relatively raw prospects and/or minor league filler. I'd like to see how he does against a guy with great breaking stuff. Meaning, he's played little enough that he could mostly be feasting on minor league fastballs.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

I hope Moore gets called up after next week. Get work in with RW and get his feet wet like Schanuel did last year. Bringing Schanuel up last year seems to have helped him. Moore in his few AB seems like a gamer that u would want up late in games.

Would be good to get Wash’s defense coaching.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Stats aside, though, I can't get a bead on how much of this is a high-flying, pumped prospect feasting on mistake pitches vs. actual mastery. His low K-rate implies the latter - meaning, he's actually dominating pitchers.

The good news is that the Angels have the  capability to look at that data and make more in-depth assessments.

They can look at his chase rates, contact rates, break it down by pitch type/velo, how other players perform against the opponent, etc.

Will they? Maybe not, since the plan was probably for him to be up quickly anyway.

11 minutes ago, BTH said:

The good news is that the Angels have the  capability to look at that data and make more in-depth assessments.

They can look at his chase rates, contact rates, break it down by pitch type/velo, how other players perform against the opponent, etc.

Will they? Maybe not, since the plan was probably for him to be up quickly anyway.

I don’t think the plan is so much for him to be up quickly, it is more, “We are open to moving them up quickly if they perform like we think they can”.  If he performed like Bazzanna he isn’t getting called up.  

17 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Have to keep Canning now and 5 mill. Lorenzen could be an option maybe time to look at Bauer, Urias. Jose Suarez could always be an option. Bring back Jamie Barria for 2025

download-5.jpg

On 8/11/2024 at 7:53 AM, tdawg87 said:

him and Huira can be the new bash bros.....

no @tdawg87 not bang bros, you sick Mfer