• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

3 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:
Moore hit a home run! That's 3 home runs in 5 games. It may be a small sample size, but the way the ball leaves his bat makes it look like he has 65 or even 70-grade power. It's something else.

Getting kinda hard to doubt Perry has an eye for making the most of those first-round position player picks. Getting ahead of myself, but impressive to hit on what might be three straight guys and have them basically go straight to the majors and produce. It’s hard to doubt Moore won’t do that at least. Still kinda liking my Gleyber Torres comp (good version) of him.

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, ThisismineScios said:

I just wonder about the viability of both Moniak and Adell in the every day OF. Need some more consistent production or an exceptional skill (Def, Power) to stick.

Yeah. Having one of them at the bottom of the order is fine, but both is very questionable.

Moniak’s ideal role on a healthy team may be 4th OF, but that guy gets pressed into an everyday role quickly once injuries hit.

Aldegheri's first 2 innings:

• Fastball: 92-95 mph
  • Slider: 86-87 mph
  • Changeup: 82-83 mph
  • Curveball: One thrown at 78 mph

What stood out to me was how effectively he mixed in his fastball and changeup. The variation in speed, his deception, and the movement on his pitches kept the hitters off balance. If he can consistently pitch like this, using these pitches to set everything up, I'm really liking what he brings to the table.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I guess...I know I'm one of the few on here who harps on this, but I just firmly believe results do actually matter, even in the minors.  If a dude walks 7 without K'ing anyone and then two starts later, can't even get out of the first inning, something's not right.

I'm with you and disagree at the same time but we are likely talking about different things.

I mostly care about results in the predictive stuff, so like a bad ERA means almost nothing to me but that works both ways.  I see a 23 year old on Low A, posting a sub 2.00 ERA and weak predictive numbers and I view them as suspect where others might get excited.

Mostly I think people underestimate the variances in leagues and minor league parks and far too often make the mistake of applying what are seen as plus numbers at the MLB level universally across the minors.  Stuff like K rate, walk rates, etc are just far more telling and should take priority.  Sometimes that means ignoring an ugly ERA, or maybe better said knowing when it's less of a concern.

But yeah, nobody should ignore the stuff you pointed at, even if its a dude tinkering with a pitch.  At the very least you'd think a MLB team would want to see a guy implement whatever changes and show actual results, before calling them up.

28 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Aldegheri's first 2 innings:

• Fastball: 92-95 mph
  • Slider: 86-87 mph
  • Changeup: 82-83 mph
  • Curveball: One thrown at 78 mph

What stood out to me was how effectively he mixed in his fastball and changeup. The variation in speed, his deception, and the movement on his pitches kept the hitters off balance. If he can consistently pitch like this, using these pitches to set everything up, I'm really liking what he brings to the table.

He's looked FANTASTIC out there mixing up his pitches. I'm impressed. 

4 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 1 BB, 5 K's. 

Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 7.39.48 PM.png

54 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I can’t take Campero seriously…dude is like 5’6” and just feasting on younger pitchers. Granted, it’s a small sample because there aren’t many players older than him in AA, but his .118 BA/.510 OPS against older pitchers in 62 PA doesn’t inspire confidence.

Can you be a 4A player in AA? 🤔

I’d like to see any combo of Lugo, Adams and maybe even Orlando Martínez first, think all of them have a more viable shot at being a decent 4th OF.

I don't take him that seriously, but given the overall situation, he's worth giving a few at-bats to. But yeah, I'd rank Lugo and Adams ahead of him as 4th OF, but not Martinez. 

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

See? Proof Chuck doesn't read any of our posts.

I don't live in the past, AJ. Only the present. 🙂 

If I click on a thread I'm staying on the current page unless I have some time to read. 

Just now, Chuck said:

I don't live in the past, AJ. Only the present. 🙂 

If I click on a thread I'm staying on the current page unless I have some time to read. 

Ha. Seven posts before yours - same page. But, I hear you. I usually don't read back, unless I want to double-check on something.