• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t know enough about him to be surprised. But wasn’t he from a big college program?  Mississippi? Alabama?

Mississippi State.  He was a draft-eligible sophomore, so he's a little older than most sophs.  Turned 21 in May.  I'm not all that surprised they sent him straight to AA.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Mississippi State.  He was a draft-eligible sophomore, so he's a little older than most sophs.  Turned 21 in May.  I'm not all that surprised they sent him straight to AA.

I’m going off of memory from all of those reports written after the draft but if I remember correctly he had a plus glove. 

51 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm assuming the Bachman one is just to create some room in the AA rotation. 

Yeah but according to TBW who I spoke to earlier today, the Angels are really liking what they've seen from him despite the results. That he's been tinkering with some things. 

Should see him in Anaheim soon. 

18 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Is there a list of minor league assignments for drafted players? 

Not that I’m aware of.

But here ya go…

Christian Moore: AA

Chris Cortez: ACL

Ryan Johnson: ACL

Austin Gordon: unassigned

Dylan Jordan: ACL

Peyton Olejnik: unassigned

Bridger Holmes: A

Randy Flores: unassigned

Derek Clark: A

Ryan Nicholson: A

Trey Gregory-Alford: ACL

Fran Oschell III: unassigned

Fulton Lockhart: A

Najer Victor: A

Bailan Caraballo: unassigned

Will Gervase: unassigned

Lucas Ramirez: unassigned

David Mershon: AA

Edited by BTH

I don't think we will or should see Rada in 2025. I think Adell is slowly coming on, and if Adell is your 7th-8th best offensive player, you're doing fine. I just wonder about the viability of both Moniak and Adell in the every day OF. Need some more consistent production or an exceptional skill (Def, Power) to stick. I think most likely they trade Ward this offseason, give Moniak and Adell a chance to stay as long term solutions, then in 2026 get Rada up to play CF with Mike in one corner and Adell/Moniak in another. You could then theoretically go 

Rada
Neto
Moore
Trout
O'Hoppe

and fill in the rest with Adelliak, Rendon/new 3B, Schanuel, other OF or DH

The rotation is what I'm most excited about. I would love to see

Dana
Detmers
Soriano
Klassan
Sandoval

with Silseth, Aldegheri, Bachman, Daniel, Koch, Kent, Canning, and Cortez fighting over a rotation spot. That is really some depth. 

28 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Yeah but according to TBW who I spoke to earlier today, the Angels are really liking what they've seen from him despite the results. That he's been tinkering with some things. 

Should see him in Anaheim soon. 

I guess...I know I'm one of the few on here who harps on this, but I just firmly believe results do actually matter, even in the minors.  If a dude walks 7 without K'ing anyone and then two starts later, can't even get out of the first inning, something's not right.

14 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

I don't think we will or should see Rada in 2025. I think Adell is slowly coming on, and if Adell is your 7th-8th best offensive player, you're doing fine. I just wonder about the viability of both Moniak and Adell in the every day OF. Need some more consistent production or an exceptional skill (Def, Power) to stick. I think most likely they trade Ward this offseason, give Moniak and Adell a chance to stay as long term solutions, then in 2026 get Rada up to play CF with Mike in one corner and Adell/Moniak in another. You could then theoretically go 

Rada
Neto
Moore
Trout
O'Hoppe

Dana
Detmers
Soriano
Klassan
Sandoval

with Silseth, Aldegheri, Bachman, Daniel, Koch, Kent, Canning, and Cortez fighting over a rotation spot. That is really some depth. 

Let's see how Rada does next year. He was mostly over his head in AA, but sort of hung in there as was just adequate enough. A second go-around, and I expect he'll do much better. He's of an age when each year could bring rapid growth. 

But I hear you, though, if the basic point is not to rush him. But if he plays really well in AA next year, he might get a cup next September. More likely, I think he does reasonably well in 2025, but really takes off in 2026 and is the starting center fielder sometime in the second half. He's so young that if he doesn't play in Anaheim until 2026, he'll still be in his age 20 season - not turning 21 until August 24 of 2026.

With Rada, we really need to do away with the ghost of Trout. I think he's talented and will be a plus major league regular, but no one is Trout. I sort of see Rada's baseline as something like .280/.350/.400 - which, with good defense in CF, makes him a nice leadoff centerfielder in the 3-4 WAR range. But I think there's a chance he develops a bit of pop - maybe league average at best, and and even better chance he becomes a high average, high walks guy - which, if he does, he'll still be a star, even if he never hits more than 10 HR a year. 

As for Adell and Moniak, if you accept that 2025 is another rebuilding/maturation year, then I don't see a problem with playing both - especially if Rada is ready in 2026. Throw Lugo and Campero in the mix, and see if anything clicks.

27 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Rada
Neto
Moore
Trout
O'Hoppe

Dana
Detmers
Soriano
Klassan
Sandoval

Unless there’s injury, I don’t expect Rada to see Anaheim next year but if he’s hitting even as well as he has over his last 114 PA (.270/.370/.320/.690) I could see him getting a September call-up, especially if the Angels are fringe-contending and could use some PR/late-inning defense. They’re obviously not afraid of challenging him. He won’t be R5 eligible until after the 2025 season, but given our thin upper-level OF depth and their belief in him, he’s likely to be added by that point at latest. If 

Wouldn’t give up on Jordyn Adams yet either. I too have not given up on Adell - there’s a lot of underlying indicators that he’s hitting MUCH better than his line shows - and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the same developmental potholes that affected Adell also got Adams. He’s hit really well in AAA the last month-plus, especially against lefties, and had the speed and defense to at least be a 4th OF if he can scratch out a .650-.700 OPS in the bigs. If that happens it fills the role that Rada could play. 

27 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Let's see how Rada does next year. He was mostly over his head in AA, but sort of hung in there as was just adequate enough. A second go-around, and I expect he'll do much better. He's of an age when each year could bring rapid growth. 

But I hear you, though, if the basic point is not to rush him. But if he plays really well in AA next year, he might get a cup next September. More likely, I think he does reasonably well in 2025, but really takes off in 2026 and is the starting center fielder sometime in the second half. He's so young that if he doesn't play in Anaheim until 2026, he'll still be in his age 20 season - not turning 21 until August 24 of 2026.

With Rada, we really need to do away with the ghost of Trout. I think he's talented and will be a plus major league regular, but no one is Trout. I sort of see Rada's baseline as something like .280/.350/.400 - which, with good defense in CF, makes him a nice leadoff centerfielder in the 3-4 WAR range. But I think there's a chance he develops a bit of pop - maybe league average at best, and and even better chance he becomes a high average, high walks guy - which, if he does, he'll still be a star, even if he never hits more than 10 HR a year. 

As for Adell and Moniak, if you accept that 2025 is another rebuilding/maturation year, then I don't see a problem with playing both - especially if Rada is ready in 2026. Throw Lugo and Campero in the mix, and see if anything clicks.

Rada could also turn a lot of singles into doubles via SBs.

In regards to Schanuel, he’s still not a finished product so I’d hold off on congratulating or condemning. I think I said poor man’s Joey Votto or a James Loney comp. Basically Votto with less power or Loney with more on-base. That was a long time ago.

I have no idea where he settles in at, but if the last 50 games are any indication, that still looks like where he’ll land.

And I think you can argue against or defend drafting Schanuel where they did. If you’re wanting a guaranteed major league asset then it’s an obvious win for Perry. But it’s also fair to assess drafting a commerce 1B that high in the greater scheme of things.

59 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Throw Lugo and Campero in the mix, and see if anything clicks.

I can’t take Campero seriously…dude is like 5’6” and just feasting on younger pitchers. Granted, it’s a small sample because there aren’t many players older than him in AA, but his .118 BA/.510 OPS against older pitchers in 62 PA doesn’t inspire confidence.

Can you be a 4A player in AA? 🤔

I’d like to see any combo of Lugo, Adams and maybe even Orlando Martínez first, think all of them have a more viable shot at being a decent 4th OF.