• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

14 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

What is the problem with Tri City that causes the Angels to avoid sending their good pitchers and good hitters there?

Tri-City’s ballpark is so pitcher-friendly that it skews results.

Tri-City had a park factor of 88 for wOBA. 100 is average. So that means a specific hitting outcome is 12% less frequent in home games.

That was the lowest mark among all 30 High-A stadiums.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Not sure he can be trusted 

Bad #9 overall pick, it’s looking like, unless he gets moved to the pen?

With this year's trade deadline being a seller's market and bullpen arms having high value, I would put him in the pen and hope he dominates (he has the stuff for short innings). If the trade market is similar next year, we could sell high. But for me, he ends up in the pen. If his stuff holds, it might be the ideal spot, setting up for Joyc

Dana is already in the Top 100 and should actually be in the Top 50. His overall grade is trending toward 60, given his improvements and his domination at just 20 years old.

Moore, if he hasn't already, is going to be in the Top 100 soon. Zero strikeouts through his first three games is pretty impressive, though it wouldn't be surprising if he has a three-strikeout game today. His defense at second base has also been impressive; he moves much better than anticipated, even if it's only been a few plays.

Klassen, just wow—he was electric! His fastball/slider combination is phenomenal, both being plus-plus pitches. He was squeezed a bit in his first start, but I think he'll be heading up to AA sooner rather than later. His stuff is amazing, and he might have the best slider in the system.

I believe these three have a great chance of entering multiple Top 100 lists and will probably be off the Top 100 by next season too.

I am also looking forward to Cortez, Jordan, TGA, and Johnson taking the mound soon. Ideally, one of these guys will wow everyone and follow in Dana's path. It will be interesting to see, as they all have a lot of upside and stuff that could dominate.

After these, we have our rebound candidates in Rada and Kent.

Lastly, there are the two young catching prospects, Flores and Laverde. They are still a bit away, but they have potential.

19 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I hate the rankings. Look at Dodgers they always seem to have players in top 100. I think they promote those players end up trading them. How many have lived up to all the hype. 

Seager

Urías

Pederson

Verdugo

Montas

Buehler

Smith

Busch

Pepiot

Stone

8 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Ones they traded.

They’re probably smart enough to recognize which players they should trade and which to keep.

But then again, maybe not. They traded a young Yordan Alvarez and a young Oneil Cruz for two middle inning relievers.

But that Scherzer/Turner deal was a heist.

Edited by BTH

32 minutes ago, Angels in 2030 said:

Extremely impressed with Klassen.  Although I don’t think he belongs in A+.   Move him up to AA within the next week or two and let him finish out the season there.  

Makes sense. Wasn't Klassen in AA in the Boston system? I thought he graduated from A ball last year or so.....

~ArkyAngelsFan~

I know that other teams weren’t pleased with being forced into fielding their Advanced A affiliate in the Northwest League following the minor league shake up a few years ago. Some teams even go so far as to withhold top prospects from playing in those leagues in the Spring months due to weather concerns and its effect on quality of play. 

There’s a reason Rada skipped Tri-City, and it didn’t have anything to do with developmental level. There’s politics being played within organizations and these cities. The city of Madison and the state of Alabama were on board with funding a new ball park and new minor league team and have since been rewarded with the Angels sending their top prospects there. It’s too bad Mobile closed down with all the history there, but Rocket City has been one of the best affiliates in minor league baseball.

16 minutes ago, DMVol said:

That trade has turned into all kinds of horror: Lost Quero and Bush, got Gioloto who sucked and is seemingly out of baseball and Lopez, who has emerged as one of Atlanta's better starters. WTF. I mean, if we had kept Lopez, I could live with it.

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

That trade has turned into all kinds of horror: Lost Quero and Bush, got Gioloto who sucked and is seemingly out of baseball and Lopez, who has emerged as one of Atlanta's better starters. WTF. I mean, if we had kept Lopez, I could live with it.

He went on the IL today with right forearm inflammation 

With the emergence of Dana and the addition of Klassen, it reminds me of this year's Pirates. Similar to the  Pirates with Keller, Jones, and Skenes, the Angels could form a solid group, at the top of the line-up with Soriano, Dana, Klassen. 

Soriano's production is comparable to Keller's. Klassen might reach AA by season's end and be called up early next year, similar to Jones' impact on the Pirates. Dana could be called up later next season to solidify the rotation. While we lack a prospect like Skenes, we can still build a strong rotation.