• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

Why did I think Lugo was a 3rd baseman?  I thought we got a 3rd base prospect from Boston having a breakout year in AAA. Maybe it was speculation when the trade went down on who we were receiving. 

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Why did I think Lugo was a 3rd baseman?  I thought we got a 3rd base prospect from Boston having a breakout year in AAA. Maybe it was speculation when the trade went down on who we were receiving. 

He has actually played more games in the minors at SS than anything else, but has played exclusively in the OF in 2024. He played 35 games at 3B in 2023 and hasn't played SS since 2022.

Edited by Angelsjunky

On 8/2/2024 at 9:19 AM, Angels 1961 said:

I hate when players get a label. For Moore it's defensive limitations. Let his play decide that. Maybe he is up in September get some work in with RW. Angels do have a few bright spots in minors. 

It’s not a label. I watched him for 3 years at Tennessee and, while he is athletic and can make a good play, he makes a lot of bad plays. Maybe he gets better.

34 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I searched back a couple pages and no one mentioned that Moore had an even better second game, going 4-6 with a 2B and HR.  I wonder if they'll promote him straight to AA, skipping A+.

They already have promoted him to AA. 

6 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Let him cook in AA the rest of the season. 

Agreed, but--especially if he kills it in AA--there's no harm in calling him up when rosters expand, just to hang out with the other guys and get a sense of what major league breaking pitches are like. The hope is that he's going to be part of a core with O'Hoppe, Neto, Schanuel, etc for years to come, so might as well get them all at least acquainted. 

While I agree that the Angels have been rushing prospects at least going back to the Adell Fiasco of 2020, Moore was drafted with a quick path to the majors in mind, which likely means joining the big league club sometime next year. In other words, more Neto than Schanuel. I don't necessarily think he'll be up for good in April, but probably before the ASB.

28 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Agreed, but--especially if he kills it in AA--there's no harm in calling him up when rosters expand, just to hang out with the other guys and get a sense of what major league breaking pitches are like. The hope is that he's going to be part of a core with O'Hoppe, Neto, Schanuel, etc for years to come, so might as well get them all at least acquainted. 

While I agree that the Angels have been rushing prospects at least going back to the Adell Fiasco of 2020, Moore was drafted with a quick path to the majors in mind, which likely means joining the big league club sometime next year. In other words, more Neto than Schanuel. I don't necessarily think he'll be up for good in April, but probably before the ASB.

Yep. Give him the rest of the season to just get into the pro routine. Invite him to spring next season, let him continue to cook, promote to AAA then by mid season assuming he’s ready bring him up. If he works out the angels infield could be set with quality homegrown talent under 25 plus rengifo at 27/28. Pitching isn’t far off too. 

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Bachman's schizophrenic season continues: 2/3 of an inning, 5 hits, 8 runs (5 earned), 2 BB, 0 K, 2 HR.  He made the error that led to the unearned runs and he also hit 2 guys.  Just a bizarre stretch of outings for him...

Bet he goes back on the IL now.

21 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Bachman's schizophrenic season continues: 2/3 of an inning, 5 hits, 8 runs (5 earned), 2 BB, 0 K, 2 HR.  He made the error that led to the unearned runs and he also hit 2 guys.  Just a bizarre stretch of outings for him...

Not sure he can be trusted 

Bad #9 overall pick, it’s looking like, unless he gets moved to the pen?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Ahh, Remember when I said Klassen reminds me of G-Rich from after watching a 1 minute and 30 second video? maybe there was something more with it. 

Anyhow, 5k in 2 innings, Fb 96-99 and If i may so (not trying to Overhype anything), his slider to me looks plus-plus, and fastball has some good run on it.