• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

36 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

That’s a big boy hack from Moore, dude has legit power. Haven’t had this from a prospect in a while. I know he has defensive limitations but his swing and approach is making me……. Happy 

also Dana … I could kiss him right in the MOUTH!!! Lets go!!

Hey! The jury is in on Perry. According to sources. He’s a t7 GM at best. 

17 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Hey! The jury is in on Perry. According to sources. He’s a t7 GM at best. 

If Moore becomes a legit every day player and Joyce, Soriano, Neto and Schanuel continue their relative success into next year I think it’s fair to say Perry is the best GM since Stoneman?? No one is perfect but Perry has done a very good job given his limitations idc what anyone says, he’s given us an everyday SS, 1B, C, Closer and top of rotation arm… more than most GM’s can say 

5 minutes ago, ScottM said:

East Coast Bias that Dana isn’t a top 100 prospect. Exciting if we can add him and Moore to the 2025 landscape. 

I know there are a bunch of different ranking sites but MLB has him at 88 which even that feels low. I feel like by seasons end if he stays healthy he’ll easily crack the top 50 

Was thinking about “rankings” and went down a thought trail. These rankings are extremely important. MLBs that is. They can swing a trade based on who is in the Top 100, and also how many Top 30 guys are involved. 

Mayo, Callis, Dykstra and co. Also rely on execs for insight. Why wouldn’t there be a little handshake deal to bump a guy into the Top 100 perhaps for some inside info, promise on scoop, etc? I know it sounds cynical. But I couldn’t help but think of Dana being unranked before the year and even in the first update. He was 20, did very well in A+ at 19, held his own at Spring. Then a good start at AA at 20. He’s barely in at 88. He has way more value than that, way more. Wonder if there’s a reason for it. 

I believe we might have something promising in Vargas. At just 19 years old, he's already shown two impressive pitches: his fastball and slider. According to Fangraphs, both pitches are currently graded at 55 with the potential to reach 60. I think he might also be on the path to becoming a starter, as he's been a multi-inning pitcher out of the bullpen this season.

Last 2 appearances he's gone 3 and 4 innings.  

9 hours ago, ScottM said:

East Coast Bias that Dana isn’t a top 100 prospect. Exciting if we can add him and Moore to the 2025 landscape. 

Regardless of east cost bias, if he were on the Dodgers or even the Padres, he'd easily be in the top 40 prospects. 

Take Jacob Misiorowski, for example, ranked as the number 32 best prospect in the game. While he has a higher strikeout rate and a much higher walk rate, Dana's numbers are comparable or better in almost every other category, and he's done it in more innings at AA. Yet, one is ranked 32, and the other is 92.

I think you can make the argument that he is a top 10 RHP in the minors. 

10 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Same path as Schanuel right, literally 2 games at low A ball then straight to AA. I really hope they don’t screw with this kid. Just let him chill in AA to finish the year even if he’s crushing it. Next year full go but whatever GO MOORE

I think they should keep Moore at AA until the end of the season. There's no need to rush him this year, and it would be wise not to start his service time clock so soon. Let's be real: he'll get called up next season, 10-15 games in, once Rendon hits the IL and Trout follows him. That will be his time to shine

I get we are a running joke of rushing prospects to the majors but the reasoning was because “we want to win with trout/Ohtani or at least prove to Ohtani before FA there’s help on the way”… There’s no incentive this year to rush Moore at all let’s hope he gets to hang out with the pandas for a while 

44 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:
I think they should keep Moore at AA until the end of the season. There's no need to rush him this year, and it would be wise not to start his service time clock so soon. Let's be real: he'll get called up next season, 10-15 games in, once Rendon hits the IL and Trout follows him. That will be his time to shine

Perry might bring him up to try and make an argument for keeping his job.

With the O's calling up Coby Mayo, another one of their young talents, it made me think about the  young core that's being formed with our core. 

1.  Logan O'Hoppe (24)

2. Luis Rengifo (27), I've included him into the group since to me, he feels like he's part of the main core. 

3. Reid Detmers (24), I am still big on him. 

4. Jose Soriano (25)

5. Zach Neto (23)

6. Ben Joyce (23)

7. Nolan Schanuel (22)

8. Jo Adell (25)/ Mickey Moniak (26)

Than some help that we can see coming up next year;

Dana, Moore, Aldegheri, Klesson, &Costeiu. 

Hopefully a top 5 pick and another solid draft for next years class.