• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

7 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Klassen reminds me of John Smoltz, and Aldegheri is Maddux-esque. To go along with Dana-as-Clemens and Rada as a young Tim Raines, I think we've got an elite farm system.

Ooh, you better stop! Jsnpritchett might have a excitement attack with all this excitement over  upsides .

Someone do a wellness check on him

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'd love to see MLB have a young Tim Raines again.   Raines, Lofton, Rickey...  Those guys were all fun to watch.

My favorite type of player. Rickey Henderson is, bar none, the most entertaining player of all time - imo, of course. Everything from his personality to his batting stance, his power and, of course, what he could do on the base baths. Raines had a crazy good peak but sort of dropped off in his late 20s - still really good, but not crazy good. Lofton was sort of similar, in that regard.

Elly is the closest thing we have right now, though I'm not sure the bat will ever be as good as Henderson-Raines-Lofton.

Edited by Angelsjunky

If it is an elbow or shoulder injury, it’s one that we probably should’ve seen coming. This is a general rule, there are exceptions, but I just don’t think average sized pitchers (or smaller in some cases) should be throwing that hard. 95+ is hard  your ligaments. Guys used to spend more time in the minors partly because they had to learn to succeed at 90-93, which was easier on the body, but required mastery of three or more pitches, location, and variation in grip within those pitches. It was as Barry Enright said, an art. 

I think today it’s much more of a science. The amount of data being created, the velocity, the narrowing of repertoire and focus on two pitches, etc. 

2 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

This is why you can’t have enough pitching prospects in today’s game… they drop like flies. Never get comfortable with your depth 

It’s so boring, but it’s so true. If you want a successful organization, a playoff MLB team, you draft pitchers early and often. You sign a bunch of 16-year-old international arms, even if they require TJ surgery and won’t be ready until 23, if at all. When you trade, the trade currency you’re getting back is pitching prospects. When you’re looking at Japan and Korea, you’re looking at low cost pitchers like Imanaga. 

And when you think you have enough, just wait. Injury and free agency will decimate any staff. So get more pitching, even when you think you have too much.

The hitters, they’ll emerge in time and can acquired in multiple methods, and you can worry less about developing them because you’ll probably be acquiring MLB ready bats. 

Pitching, pitching, pitching. Boring, frustrating, but proven.

I put for the idea of the Kevin Maitan All-Stars: Former Angels prospects that were over-hyped by at least one person here, that didn't amount to anything. I'll start:

Kevin Maitan, of course. D'Shawn Knowles. Going back, Brian Specht.

31 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I put for the idea of the Kevin Maitan All-Stars: Former Angels prospects that were over-hyped by at least one person here, that didn't amount to anything. I'll start:

Kevin Maitan, of course. D'Shawn Knowles. Going back, Brian Specht.

I keep a running list in my head of players I was guilty of over-hyping that didn’t turn out. It keeps me humble. Maitan and Reckling are at the top. 

Zach Borenstein aka Jewish Daniel Nava was not, much to his brother’s dismay.

29 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Unusual that neither is starting in A+ ball, given that Moore was an early pick and Klassen had just been promoted to A+ ball?

In Moore’s case, related to the piss poor offense setting in the A+ home park?

Edited by Angel Oracle

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Unusual that neither is starting in A+ ball, given that Moore was an early pick and Klassen had just been promoted to A+ ball?

In Moore’s case, related to the piss poor offense setting in the A+ home park?

As the tweet I posted noted, Schanuel played a whopping 2 games at IE (after 3 Arizona Complex League games) before moving up to Rocket City.  I wouldn't read anything into it.