• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Dana, Bachman, Klassen, Soriano, Aldegheri, Kent some decent young arms.

Yup, and whoever else they get in trades, they should probably just focus on pitching prospects. Because as decent as all five of those arms are, due to injury or ineffectiveness, chances are only two or three will stick in a major league rotation and even then, maybe one will actually be more than a simple back end starter if they’re lucky. 

You would have to take those five pitching prospects and triple it before having any confidence in producing a good, effective, young and inexpensive Major League staff. And that’s hard to do, which is why I’m so adamant about trading Rengifo, Ward, Anderson and Garcia. Because between those guys, you may be same to literally double the Angels pitching depth you listed. Doubling it would give the Angels a good-not-great farm system and it would be something to build off of. 

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Yup, and whoever else they get in trades, they should probably just focus on pitching prospects. Because as decent as all five of those arms are, due to injury or ineffectiveness, chances are only two or three will stick in a major league rotation and even then, maybe one will actually be more than a simple back end starter if they’re lucky. 

You would have to take those five pitching prospects and triple it before having any confidence in producing a good, effective, young and inexpensive Major League staff. And that’s hard to do, which is why I’m so adamant about trading Rengifo, Ward, Anderson and Garcia. Because between those guys, you may be same to literally double the Angels pitching depth you listed. Doubling it would give the Angels a good-not-great farm system and it would be something to build off of. 

I agree see what happens

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

You would have to take those five pitching prospects and triple it before having any confidence in producing a good, effective, young and inexpensive Major League staff. And that’s hard to do, which is why I’m so adamant about trading Rengifo, Ward, Anderson and Garcia. Because between those guys, you may be same to literally double the Angels pitching depth you listed. Doubling it would give the Angels a good-not-great farm system and it would be something to build off of. If

If we can land a good, near ready, 3B prospect, we should explore that possibility. Otherwise, yes, we should focus heavily on pitching and maybe a throw in OF lottery pick. 

1 hour ago, Dave Saltzer said:

If we can land a good, near ready, 3B prospect, we should explore that possibility. Otherwise, yes, we should focus heavily on pitching and maybe a throw in OF lottery pick. 

I kinda like Will Wagner if we're willing to trade with Houston and don't mind having another Schanuel lol.

Graham Pauley is kinda interesting. So is Yunior Severino. Brock Wilken maybe??

I dunno, not many good 3B prospects out there that we could actually get. Most 3B prospects are basically "will probably have to move to 1st eventually."

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I kinda like Will Wagner if we're willing to trade with Houston and don't mind having another Schanuel lol.

Graham Pauley is kinda interesting. So is Yunior Severino. Brock Wilken maybe??

I dunno, not many good 3B prospects out there that we could actually get. Most 3B prospects are basically "will probably have to move to 1st eventually."

I feel the “will eventually move to 1B” is a bit of a lazy assessment of a prospects size and current abilities and it lacks any foresight. Is it true for some? Sure. But most that are willing to put in the work and have the opportunity can develop into solid defenders at 3B. Take Austin Riley for example. They said the same thing about him. Atlanta even started putting him at 1B and LF to get him off the hot corner. But then once he got with Ron Washington, things changed and he’s now one of the better defensive 3B in the game.

Given the presence of Washington, I would have no problem if the Angels got a bat first 3B in a trade.

I'm getting excited about our young 17-year-old pitching prospect, Dioris De La Rosa. While I haven't had the chance to watch him yet, it seems like evaluators really like his upside and stuff. They've already given him impressive grades: Fastball (60), Slider (55), Changeup (40), and Control (50).

18 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I'm getting excited about our young 17-year-old pitching prospect, Dioris De La Rosa. While I haven't had the chance to watch him yet, it seems like evaluators really like his upside and stuff. They've already given him impressive grades: Fastball (60), Slider (55), Changeup (40), and Control (50).

I’m liking these three:

• Dioris De La Rosa (17, RHP): 1.56 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, .164 BAA, 0 HR allowed, 15 BB, 44 K in 8 G/7 GS, 40.1 IP
  • Davidxon Lara (17, RHP): 0.76 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, .231 BAA, 0 HR allowed, 5 BB, 24 K in 13 G/23.2 IP
  • Ubaldo Soto (17, RHP): 1.80 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, .213 BAA, 0 HR allowed, 14 BB, 39 K in 9 GS/40 IP

He has that cross-fire delivery, reminds me a-lot of G-rich.  Similar kind of stuff, upside and injury risk as G-rich. I think you get him to 80inns this season and have him at A+, bring him back next season at A+, with plans to move him up to AA after 30 to 40 innings, with goal of 100-120 innings, and thing about 2026 as a rotation option. 

7 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

He has that cross-fire delivery, reminds me a-lot of G-rich.  Similar kind of stuff, upside and injury risk as G-rich. I think you get him to 80inns this season and have him at A+, bring him back next season at A+, with plans to move him up to AA after 30 to 40 innings, with goal of 100-120 innings, and thing about 2026 as a rotation option. 

And you've based this assessment on two clips on Twitter that total one minute and 40 seconds?  Cool.

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

And you've based this assessment on two clips on Twitter that total one minute and 40 seconds?  Cool.

It’s clear you haven't done your homework. My assessment is based on scouting reports, his stuff and  not just a couple of clips. Maybe try to actually put more info before you reply.

And if you need more info, cuz clearly you need it.

Two pitch power pitcher, AKA similar to Richards, both have that power sinking fastball and plus curve/slider, after that it lacked. 

both have Control issues and concerns as prospect and college pitchers.

Both have cross-fired delivery. 

Both come with injury concerns. 

I guess this is already more info than the two clips... but then again, I'm only basing my thoughts on 1 minute and 40 seconds of video instead of actually taking the time to do my research. Maybe try doing the same before criticizing.

7 minutes ago, Second Base said:

My comp for George Klassen is Michael King who has been a good reliever and starter in the majors.

That's a solid comparison overall. Maybe not so much for Pritchett, since my info is based on a short video, but Klassen has a better fastball. The key difference is that King has a plus-plus changeup and an above-average slider, which Klassen lacks as a third pitch. Richards also started as a reliever before breaking out as a two-pitch pitcher. Either way, I'd be happy if he turns out to be like Richards or King

4 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

It’s clear you haven't done your homework. My assessment is based on scouting reports, his stuff and  not just a couple of clips. Maybe try to actually put more info before you reply.

And if you need more info, cuz clearly you need it.

Two pitch power pitcher, AKA similar to Richards, both have that power sinking fastball and plus curve/slider, after that it lacked. 

both have Control issues and concerns as prospect and college pitchers.

Both have cross-fired delivery. 

Both come with injury concerns. 

I guess this is already more info than the two clips... but then again, I'm only basing my thoughts on 1 minute and 40 seconds of video instead of actually taking the time to do my research. Maybe try doing the same before criticizing.

You and a couple others just do the same thing with seemingly every prospect, and everyone ends up getting over-hyped.  That's all I'm saying.

I'm very happy with the trade and never thought they'd get this type of haul for Estevez.  Let's just see how they develop!

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You and a couple others just do the same thing with seemingly every prospect, and everyone ends up getting over-hyped.  That's all I'm saying.

I'm very happy with the trade and never thought they'd get this type of haul for Estevez.  Let's just see how they develop!

How the hell am I over-hyping him? I compared him to Garrett Richards, who had a few good years as a solid #3 starter, one breakout year as a #2, but was mostly hampered by injuries. Most evaluators see him as having middle-of-the-rotation upside with some potential for the front, but with high bullpen and injury risk. Richards fits that mold perfectly. It’s not like I'm comparing him to deGrom. Maybe we have a different example of "over-hyping" . 

But I'm also happy with this trade. 

55 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Guilty as charged, though now I’’m suddenly getting a rep for going the other direction. I knew about Klassen from dynasty dives earlier this year. Just his general arsenal and delivery, nothing too in depth. I thought he looked like Michael King, who has been a long reliever, swing starter, setup man and now mid rotation starter in his career. I think the aggregate is generally a back end starter. I don’t know if projecting him as a back end starter is too optimistic or too negative but I’m sure folks will let me know either way.

12 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Guilty as charged, though now I’’m suddenly getting a rep for going the other direction. I knew about Klassen from dynasty dives earlier this year. Just his general arsenal and delivery, nothing too in depth. I thought he looked like Michael King, who has been a long reliever, swing starter, setup man and now mid rotation starter in his career. I think the aggregate is generally a back end starter. I don’t know if projecting him as a back end starter is too optimistic or too negative but I’m sure folks will let me know either way.

Yeah, I obviously have no problem with folks getting excited about trade hauls.  I think that's natural as a fan!  Like I said, I'm excited by these two dudes.  I think the part that just kinda makes me laugh is these super-specific projections, plans, etc. for a guy less than 24 hours after the Angels have traded for him, and based on nothing more than a cursory read of a couple of scouting reports or Twitter videos (I'm not putting you in that group on this trade, btw). 

37 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think he will wear the RP tag until he proves the improved command carries over to higher levels.  Obviously there's the possibility for a lot more but command is king when talking SPs.

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Klassen reminds me of John Smoltz, and Aldegheri is Maddux-esque. To go along with Dana-as-Clemens and Rada as a young Tim Raines, I think we've got an elite farm system.