• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

2 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Genuinely asking here then, does that make Moore what a top 75-80 prospect in baseball?? Since Dana is starting to sit right around 100 on most sites. 

I believe Moore edges out Dana by a small margin, but they are quite close. As a prospect, I find Moore's profile very similar to Orelvis Martinez, who is ranked 61. I think that's where Moore could be ranked as well.

I believe there's a good chance that the top 10 prospects will sign. The 11-20 range will be interesting to watch, but based on the top 10 alone, we've already added a significant amount of talent to the system. If I were to rank the picks into our system;

Grade 55 or above 

1. Moore

2. dana

Grade 50 

3. Rada

4. bachman 

5. Prager

6. Johnson 

7. fontenelle 

Grade 45 

8. Kent

9. Lugo

10. Laverde

22 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Genuinely asking here then, does that make Moore what a top 75-80 prospect in baseball?? Since Dana is starting to sit right around 100 on most sites. 

So there are a few ways to look at this. The first is simply numbers, and yeah, I’d say Moore skulls reasonably be 80 while Dana is 90 ish. The second is according to team need. The team may not need a 2B any time soon or they may need one after the trade deadline we don’t know. But teams always need pitching. The third is a simple trade. Would you trade Caden Dana for Christian Moore. My answer is no, pitching prospects are simply worth more, period.

But as far as simple ranking for the sake of ranking, yes I give the edge to the position player even though the value of Dana is actually higher.

30 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The team may not need a 2B any time soon or they may need one after the trade deadline we don’t know.

They are going to need a 2nd baseman next season because someone has to cover the 130 games at 3rd base for Rendon and that guys looks like Rengifo. 

5 hours ago, Second Base said:

Do you find that more likely than a trade?

Positional depth doesn't exist. So if you trade Rengifo you have given away the best super utility player they have and now make three positions weaker.

Are you getting that player back in trade? No. So now you are in free agency trying to create depth on a budget when Rengifo fills that for less. 

I just don't see the return filling any roster holes greater than losing Rengifo. Lose Anderson and you need only one pitcher to replace him. He doesn't cover 3 or more positions. That is the difference between trading Rengifo and other players. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Positional depth doesn't exist. So if you trade Rengifo you have given away the best super utility player they have and now make three positions weaker.

Are you getting that player back in trade? No. So now you are in free agency trying to create depth on a budget when Rengifo fills that for less. 

I just don't see the return filling any roster holes greater than losing Rengifo. Lose Anderson and you need only one pitcher to replace him. He doesn't cover 3 or more positions. That is the difference between trading Rengifo and other players. 

This is a fair point. 

I'd hope to extend Rengifo if possible. 

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

All that is true, if you’re trying to field a winner. It’s obvious that isn’t the case for the Angels. I anticipate they’ll trade Ward, Estevez, Garcia and Pillar. I also anticipate the returns will probably be lower than we all hoped for.  If Rengifo is healthy then they’ll deal him too. But I’m not sure he will be, wrists are very tricky, so a deal is more likely to take place in the offseason. 

And that sucks because Rengifo and Sandoval were both going to be their biggest trade chips and it’s the most Angels thing ever that the Angels can’t trade them. 

19 hours ago, Second Base said:

All that is true, if you’re trying to field a winner. It’s obvious that isn’t the case for the Angels. I anticipate they’ll trade Ward, Estevez, Garcia and Pillar. I also anticipate the returns will probably be lower than we all hoped for.  If Rengifo is healthy then they’ll deal him too. But I’m not sure he will be, wrists are very tricky, so a deal is more likely to take place in the offseason. 

And that sucks because Rengifo and Sandoval were both going to be their biggest trade chips and it’s the most Angels thing ever that the Angels can’t trade them. 

I have a feeling that it will be Estevez, Garcia. Pillar, and Drury.

Strickland will be kept and re-signed for another year as a mentor in the young pen.

They will keep all with control at least through 2025.

The rotation is too light to trade Anderson, and he is the one true veteran in the rotation.

Stay healthy for a change Trout and Rendon!   At least 120 games each in 2025, por favor

Use 2025 as the last rebuilding season towards MAYBE contending in 2026.

On 7/16/2024 at 1:31 PM, Ochocinco! said:

I think Dana is still #1. 

This article (on admittedly bleacher report agrees), putting Dana way up on his midseason list (listed now at #41) and Moore slots in at #77 before his pro debut. The eleven draft picks in the top 100 are Condon (5), Bazzana (7), Caglianone (16), Weatherholt (29), Smith (37), Burns (38), Montgomery (54), Kurtz (60), Griffin (68), Ranier (73), and Moore (77). 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10128439-top-100-mlb-prospect-list-where-do-charlie-condon-top-2024-draft-picks-rank

Edited by Hubs

19 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I have a feeling that it will be Estevez, Garcia. Pillar, and Drury.

Strickland will be kept and re-signed for another year as a mentor in the young pen.

They will keep all with control at least through 2025.

The rotation is too light to trade Anderson, and he is the one true veteran in the rotation.

Stay healthy for a change Trout and Rendon!   At least 120 games each in 2025, por favor

Use 2025 as the last rebuilding season towards MAYBE contending in 2026.

I think Ward will be dealt. I believe the report that said the Pirates were trying to get the deal across the finish line. It seems to me, they’ve agreed to a general construct of the deal. The last prospect, probably the top prospect, the Angels probably want one guy and the Pirates want another. So for the time being, they’re standing pat until the deadline comes closer.

If Ward continues to struggle and no one offers anything better, the Angels will deal him for Pittsburgh’s preferred package. If Ward starts hitting again or if they start getting more interest in him, then the Angels will get exactly who they want. Either way, I think Ward is headed to Pittsburgh.

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

I think Ward will be dealt. I believe the report that said the Pirates were trying to get the deal across the finish line. It seems to me, they’ve agreed to a general construct of the deal. The last prospect, probably the top prospect, the Angels probably want one guy and the Pirates want another. So for the time being, they’re standing pat until the deadline comes closer.

If Ward continues to struggle and no one offers anything better, the Angels will deal him for Pittsburgh’s preferred package. If Ward starts hitting again or if they start getting more interest in him, then the Angels will get exactly who they want. Either way, I think Ward is headed to Pittsburgh.

They just better hold out for him other one Top 100 guy or a very solid pitching prospect like Harrington, Ashcraft or equivalent for another team. If they deal Ward this summer they better be able to safely say they’re acquiring either a prospect who will be a decent #3 type minimum, or good #5 SP, with a full slate of control or someone who projects to be a solidly 2+ WAR everyday position player. 

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

They just better hold out for him other one Top 100 guy or a very solid pitching prospect like Harrington, Ashcraft or equivalent for another team. If they deal Ward this summer they better be able to safely say they’re acquiring either a prospect who will be a decent #3 type minimum, or good #5 SP, with a full slate of control or someone who projects to be a solidly 2+ WAR everyday position player. 

Sounds like it’s a quantity over quality thing, which is a philosophy I fundamentally disagree with. But if he gets traded, I guess we’ll find out.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10128439-top-100-mlb-prospect-list-where-do-charlie-condon-top-2024-draft-picks-rank

I know this is Bleacher Report, but they just released their top 100. You want to hear something sour? Bush is just outside of the top 100...

But on the bright side, Moore is at 77 and Dana is at 41. I'm still a big fan of Prager, and I think he might make the list sometime next year.

9 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Although the development of Adrian Placencia and Arol Vera took a hit after leaving IE, I’m starting to buy-in on Randy De Jesus.

I’ve been touting Randy all year, he’s turned a corner I think and developing into a solid prospect. Tri-City will be a test.

Anthony Scull has also looked good after starting the year kind of slow. Since May 15, in 245 PA he’s slashing .280/.351/.458/.809 with 14 doubles, 3 triples, 6 homers. 14 walks to 55 strikeouts. 13 for 15 in stolen base attempts. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I’ve been touting Randy all year, he’s turned a corner I think and developing into a solid prospect. Tri-City will be a test.

Anthony Scull has also looked good after starting the year kind of slow. Since May 15, in 245 PA he’s slashing .280/.351/.458/.809 with 14 doubles, 3 triples, 6 homers. 14 walks to 55 strikeouts. 13 for 15 in stolen base attempts. 

He’s got a couple of years to refine his approach, but he’d simply be a non-entity in AA without progression. He’s got the tools but not the approach, not yet, at least.