• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

4 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

No, he started playing some OF in the Colombian Winter League a couple years ago, and got in a dozen games in the OF last year, too. 

But, yeah, I could easily see him getting called up in August/September.  I don't see any harm in it.  He'll need to be protected on the 40-man this off-season or he'll be exposed in the Rule 5 draft, so might as well see what he can do for a little while.

Jose Rojas got a chance.  Anything is possible.

I don't think anyone has noted this yet, but according to this article from Blum, Silseth has been removed from the rotation at Salt Lake.  He hasn't pitched since June 27.  The decision was due to poor performance, not an injury recurrence. 

"He’s currently out of the Bees’ rotation, though the hope is that it’ll be temporary. He suffered a since-resolved minor setback from his elbow, he said. And the results have been poor. The 24-year-old righty has a 9.50 ERA over 18 innings. That includes 13 walks, 10 strikeouts, and five homers allowed.

“It’s good because I’m learning a lot about myself. It’s aggravating that I can’t be helping the team up there, but it is what it is. But you’ve got to go through this adversity somehow.”

He’s seen his velocity dip a bit. He said he firmly believes in his ability to figure that out, and move past the injury anxieties that have forced him to pause his season in Triple A.

The team was checking up on him a good amount during his rehab outings, Silseth said. But he hasn’t heard much recently, since he was optioned. He gets it though. He needs to figure things out to get back prominently on the team’s radar.

“When I deserve to be there, then it gets a little frustrating,” Silseth said at the lack of communication. “But right now, it’s just going through my learning pains. I feel like I get one every year.”

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Holy crap, look at Baltimore's prospects:

https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/the-board?org=bal

With Rutschman and Henderson already major league stars, Westburg becoming one and Cowser doing ok, add in Holliday, Mayo, Kjerstad, and Basallo, and their lineup is stacked for years to come. 

That’s what many years of really high draft picks will do.

22 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't think anyone has noted this yet, but according to this article from Blum, Silseth has been removed from the rotation at Salt Lake.  He hasn't pitched since June 27.  The decision was due to poor performance, not an injury recurrence. 

"He’s currently out of the Bees’ rotation, though the hope is that it’ll be temporary. He suffered a since-resolved minor setback from his elbow, he said. And the results have been poor. The 24-year-old righty has a 9.50 ERA over 18 innings. That includes 13 walks, 10 strikeouts, and five homers allowed.

“It’s good because I’m learning a lot about myself. It’s aggravating that I can’t be helping the team up there, but it is what it is. But you’ve got to go through this adversity somehow.”

He’s seen his velocity dip a bit. He said he firmly believes in his ability to figure that out, and move past the injury anxieties that have forced him to pause his season in Triple A.

The team was checking up on him a good amount during his rehab outings, Silseth said. But he hasn’t heard much recently, since he was optioned. He gets it though. He needs to figure things out to get back prominently on the team’s radar.

“When I deserve to be there, then it gets a little frustrating,” Silseth said at the lack of communication. “But right now, it’s just going through my learning pains. I feel like I get one every year.”

Silseth should stop worrying about his velocity and focus on his pitching. His fastball, slider, and changeup are all above-average pitches. Watching him, it seems like he overthrows at times to get extra velocity. Instead, he should concentrate on using his Fb,  slider and split effectively. There is still # 3 upside. 

6 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Holy crap, look at Baltimore's prospects:

https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/the-board?org=bal

With Rutschman and Henderson already major league stars, Westburg becoming one and Cowser doing ok, add in Holliday, Mayo, Kjerstad, and Basallo, and their lineup is stacked for years to come. 

Its crazy, but it also makes you wonder how our system would look like if we had not rushed our guys up. I assume our top would look like this:

1. Neto

2. Schaneul 

3. Dana

4. Rada

5. Bachman

6. Lugo

7. Kent 

One of the "sleeper disappointments" for me the last year or so is Werner Blakely. After his great year in 2022 in A ball (.295/.447/470 at 20), I thought he was a candidate to break out to legit prospect. But he's sucked the last two years, even worse this year than last in A+. Anyone know what's up or is it a simple case of him being maxed out in his development arc? I mean, it is weird seeing a guy who hits like that in A ball now hitting .196/.284/.278 in A+ two years later.

He joins a list of guys who seem to have just flamed out the last couple years, or not developed beyond the very lowest levels: Blakely, Knowles, Vera, Adams, Paris, A Ramirez (remember him?), Calabrese.

That said, looks like Ramirez is raking in A ball. Placencia too, but after being demoted from AA last year to A+ to A.

Edited by Angelsjunky

15 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Its crazy, but it also makes you wonder how our system would look like if we had not rushed our guys up. I assume our top would look like this:

1. Neto

2. Schaneul 

3. Dana

4. Rada

5. Bachman

6. Lugo

7. Kent 

Quick, promote Lugo to A+ ball before its too late and he actually develops at a natural pace.

I’m working on my own little Top 30 prospects before the draft/deadline that I intend post in the next couple of days, but had to call out Alexander Ramirez. I had pretty much counted him out after his last two seasons were pretty subpar, but the dude has been on fire at IE following a delayed start and a poor Arizona stint. He’s almost eclipsed his career high HR total in basically two weeks. Stealing bases. Taking walks. He’s playing in a league that he saw two seasons ago, but he’s still age appropriate for the competition so this little hot streak should still count for something…

.308/.390/.712/1.101 in 16 games and 59 PA, with a double, a triple, 6 HR (career-high is 8, also at IE in 2022 in 520 PA) and 7 BB to 18 K. Also swiped four bases in four attempts so far.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I’m working on my own little Top 30 prospects before the draft/deadline that I intend post in the next couple of days, but had to call out Alexander Ramirez. I had pretty much counted him out after his last two seasons were pretty subpar, but the dude has been on fire at IE following a delayed start and a poor Arizona stint. He’s almost eclipsed his career high HR total in basically two weeks. Stealing bases. Taking walks. He’s playing in a league that he saw two seasons ago, but he’s still age appropriate for the competition so this little hot streak should still count for something…

.308/.390/.712/1.101 in 16 games and 59 PA, with a double, a triple, 6 HR (career-high is 8, also at IE in 2022 in 520 PA) and 7 BB to 18 K. Also swiped four bases in four attempts so far.

He had issues hitting anything that would bend.  If he's making contact on those now -- good for him.

40 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Joswa Lugo over 115 PAs has a 1.022 OPS and 11 SBs in the DSL.

If that continues, do the Halos send him directly to A ball next April?

If Perry is here, yeah, probably. Could even see Lugo appearing in Arizona later this summer.

It’s good to see but I’m not gonna buy into him yet, he’s gotta hit at least in Tri-City before I think he’s legit unfortunately. Placencia and Vera have had a tricky time hitting well once they left DSL/AZL/IE. 

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Joswa Lugo over 115 PAs has a 1.022 OPS and 11 SBs in the DSL.

If that continues, do the Halos send him directly to A ball next April?

The DSL-to-stateside jump is a little more complicated than just numbers. Visa concerns, how well they are integrating with English, etc etc are very important in that call. He's not even an adult yet. Nevertheless, he looks to be off to a great start. 

I missed Barrett Kent's last start on Thursday. It was another stinker. 4 innings, 4 hits, 5 ER, 3 BB, 6 K, and hit a guy. 

He's now 1-11 with a 6.63 ERA. 1.49 WHIP, but does at least have 90 K in 77 1/3 IP. 7 wild pitches, 7 hit batters, and 4 balks.

Maybe it's time to sit him down for a bit or send him to Arizona.

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I missed Barrett Kent's last start on Thursday. It was another stinker. 4 innings, 4 hits, 5 ER, 3 BB, 6 K, and hit a guy. 

He's now 1-11 with a 6.63 ERA. 1.49 WHIP, but does at least have 90 K in 77 1/3 IP. 7 wild pitches, 7 hit batters, and 4 balks.

Maybe it's time to sit him down for a bit or send him to Arizona.

yikes. any possibility he's dehydrated?

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Bachman over 30 innings (6 starts) in AA so far:

3.60 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, only 3 HRs

Averaged just over 6 innings in past 3 starts, only 3 runs over 18 2/3 innings.

Can we expect a call up after the ASB?

I think they’ll build him up just a little more, but yeah I bet he’s up by end of July or soon after deadline, either replacing Anderson or the Kochanowicz/Daniel spot. Soriano might need to be limited soon too.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I think they’ll build him up just a little more, but yeah I bet he’s up by end of July or soon after deadline, either replacing Anderson or the Kochanowicz/Daniel spot. Soriano might need to be limited soon too.

They have just four pitchers right now including the Kochanowicz / Daniel spot. The other three being Soriano, Canning, Anderson. Fulmer got Sunday's start but they won't need a fifth guy again until a week from today against Seattle. 

Edited by Hubs

1 minute ago, Ochocinco! said:

Where does Moore rank within our system on day 1? 

#1. I really like Caden Dana, but he’s a pitcher, helping one every five days. And being as young as he is, will likely be in an inning limit. 

Moore helps everyday and should be ready to roll with whatever workload they give him.

22 minutes ago, Second Base said:

#1. I really like Caden Dana, but he’s a pitcher, helping one every five days. And being as young as he is, will likely be in an inning limit. 

Moore helps everyday and should be ready to roll with whatever workload they give him.

Genuinely asking here then, does that make Moore what a top 75-80 prospect in baseball?? Since Dana is starting to sit right around 100 on most sites.