• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

16 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

I thought Detmers was 2020 and Bachman was 2021? 

You have it right, 2020 was the shortened draft, but his greater point is that he was a guy with a ton of upside and just as many question marks.  If he wasn't an injury risk he doesn't get out of the top three picks.  Heath/durability and his arm action were the concerns.  The arm action lead many to believe he'd end up as a two pitch high leverage RP.

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

Kochanowicz…

Since May 1: 12 GS, 75 IP, 15 BB, 69 K, 3.60 ERA, .247 BAA, 3 HRA

Last five starts: 34 IP, 7 BB, 33 K, 1.85 ERA, .195 BAA, 1 HRA, 2 CG

Might be close to earning a spot-start or two.

Seems like he’s started to figure things out?   Almost 7 innings average the past 5 starts, great Ks/BBs ratio since May 1

What's the GB% in that time?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Seems like he’s started to figure things out?   Almost 7 innings average the past 5 starts, great Ks/BBs ratio since May 1

64% since 6/1, 67% last five starts. Super efficient. 

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

64% since 6/1, 67% last five starts. Super efficient. 

Just needs to keep throwing his 95+ mph "sinkers".  

Kochanowicz's sinker is reminiscent of Soriano's, making it an excellent ground ball pitch. His 6'7" frame adds to its effectiveness, especially against right-handed batters. While he's currently seen as more of a #4/5 starter, I believe he has untapped potential. Developing a third pitch or adding a splitter could significantly elevate his game. Overall, this season is shaping up to be one of his best, and he's been on a great run lately.

Bachman being healthy and consistently throwing in the mid to upper 90s is a big positive! There's still a question mark about whether he can start, but so far, he seems to be healthy and throwing the ball really well. and  he is still a prospect with a big upside, but also a big risk. 

Costeiu, is another arm to keep an eye on as he recovers from TJ. I think he has a chance to be a solid MLB starter with a #3 upside. 

Neither Kent nor Texido's number stand out, but I say they both had a good season. Its just too early to get an full assessment on them  and I think next year will be an actual prove it year for them. 

Mederos and Urena, have both been a disappointment.

11 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Costeiu, is another arm to keep an eye on as he recovers from TJ. I think he has a chance to be a solid MLB starter with a #3 upside. 

So far in A+ ball:

8 starts, 30.2 innings, only 14 hits and 1 HR allowed with 28 Ks, 2.05 ERA, only downer is 19 BBs but expected after missing 1.5 seasons

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

So far in A+ ball:

8 starts, 30.2 innings, only 14 hits and 1 HR allowed with 28 Ks, 2.05 ERA, only downer is 19 BBs but expected after missing 1.5 seasons

yup, he is still working his way back. I think he'll finish the season AT AA, and could be an arm to help next year. 

Is Detmers ready to be called back up?

Overall at SLC in 36 innings (6 starts), allowed 38 hits, 8 HRs, ERA 6.00 and WHIP 1.36, but also 47/11 Ks/BBs.

After the first start, only 4 HRs in 31 innings (0 in past 12 innings), and 1.26 WHIP

Have to partially account for the PCL factor.

Seems that the control is under control, and after the first start minimizing HRs for the PCL?

There is a 26 year old converted C playing OF for the Trash Pandas, Gustavo Campero.

Any notes on him, thoughts? He somehow killed the ball in the offensive wasteland that is Tri-City last year and he's continuing to kill the ball in AA.

.948 OPS, .303 AVG and 27 SB! 19 2B and 12 HR.

He's not on the Angels top prospect lists, and I know he's older, but can we not push him to AAA or move him to the majors in a few weeks and see how he does?

6 minutes ago, Hubs said:

There is a 26 year old converted C playing OF for the Trash Pandas, Gustavo Campero.

Any notes on him, thoughts? He somehow killed the ball in the offensive wasteland that is Tri-City last year and he's continuing to kill the ball in AA.

.948 OPS, .303 AVG and 27 SB! 19 2B and 12 HR.

He's not on the Angels top prospect lists, and I know he's older, but can we not push him to AAA or move him to the majors in a few weeks and see how he does?

He’s a little old so I’m not putting a lot of stock into it. Seems like an easy candidate for at-bats in August and September, even if just a congratulatory cup-of-coffee, if Ward gets dealt. Not a lot of OF depth that makes sense to come up in his place. I’d like to see Orlando Martinez get some ABs too if that happens. He feels like a guy who could perform as good as he has in the minors.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

He’s a little old so I’m not putting a lot of stock into it. Seems like an easy candidate for at-bats in August and September, even if just a congratulatory cup-of-coffee, if Ward gets dealt. Not a lot of OF depth that makes sense to come up in his place. I’d like to see Orlando Martinez get some ABs too if that happens. He feels like a guy who could perform as good as he has in the minors.

Yeah, he seems to have a lot of lost seasons to injuries.

Drafted or signed by the Yankees, it looks like. Killed the ball in rookie ball in 2017... .989 OPS.

2018 Played 2 games.

2019 Did ok in the Appalachian League. Just 36 games, but is that a full season league? .788 OPS

2020 No Minor League Season because of Covid.

2021 Now with the Angels Org, played in 41 games for Low A Inland empire, .676 OPS

2022 6 Games with AA Rocket City

2023 62 Games with High A Tri-City, 1.058 OPS.

2024 71 Games with AA Rocket City, .948 OPS.

Was he always a Catcher, and then just moved to the OF last year? Taylor Ward style?

20 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Yeah, he seems to have a lot of lost seasons to injuries.

Drafted or signed by the Yankees, it looks like. Killed the ball in rookie ball in 2017... .989 OPS.

2018 Played 2 games.

2019 Did ok in the Appalachian League. Just 36 games, but is that a full season league? .788 OPS

2020 No Minor League Season because of Covid.

2021 Now with the Angels Org, played in 41 games for Low A Inland empire, .676 OPS

2022 6 Games with AA Rocket City

2023 62 Games with High A Tri-City, 1.058 OPS.

2024 71 Games with AA Rocket City, .948 OPS.

Was he always a Catcher, and then just moved to the OF last year? Taylor Ward style?

No, he started playing some OF in the Colombian Winter League a couple years ago, and got in a dozen games in the OF last year, too. 

But, yeah, I could easily see him getting called up in August/September.  I don't see any harm in it.  He'll need to be protected on the 40-man this off-season or he'll be exposed in the Rule 5 draft, so might as well see what he can do for a little while.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

No, he started playing some OF in the Colombian Winter League a couple years ago, and got in a dozen games in the OF last year, too. 

But, yeah, I could easily see him getting called up in August/September.  I don't see any harm in it.  He'll need to be protected on the 40-man this off-season or he'll be exposed in the Rule 5 draft, so might as well see what he can do for a little while.

I agree. Give him three more weeks at AA and then call him up after Ward and presumably Pillar are traded.

With that speed (27 SB in 71 G!) and some pop, I just think he offers more than guys like Pillar and Calhoun. Trout is gonna have to DH some to keep healthy going forward, and even if it's just 1/3 of the time, they need three starting caliber OF at least. They have one now with Moniak and Adell struggling so badly.