• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

12 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

i was watching MLB network when they revealed the roster. the host had some nice things to say about caden, centering around how much he was looking forward to seeing him play.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Maybe time to send Rada down to A+ ball? He's hitting a ghastly .220/.290/.251 in 291 PA. Another rushed prospect. Jeez.

Has this strategy worked for a single one of the guys they’ve done it with? Maybe Rada last year at IE. The idea is to, what, create adversity and see if they can meet the challenge? Baseball isn’t like that. I don’t think Schanuel, Neto, Bachman, Silseth, Joyce, Mederos, Rada, Paris, or Rada are better *because* they were put in the situation they were. 

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

It’s not like that A+ park was going to hurt Rada that much.   He’s a hit the ball to all fields kind of guy.

Made ZERO sense to play an EIGHTEEN year old in AA!

Has Minasian explained why yet?

Since his 9 game hitless streak ended on June 5th, he is hitting .250. No need to panic yet.

8 minutes ago, OneandDone said:

Since his 9 game hitless streak ended on June 5th, he is hitting .250. No need to panic yet.

I see a slash line of .239/.342/.296 since then.  The OBP is puffed up a bit by 4 HBP.  He only had 2 before that. 

His walk rate is down quite a bit from the previous two seasons.  I wonder if AA pitchers are challenging him a little more because they think he's physically overmatched? 

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I see a slash line of .239/.342/.296 since then.  The OBP is puffed up a bit by 4 HBP.  He only had 2 before that. 

His walk rate is down quite a bit from the previous two seasons.  I wonder if AA pitchers are challenging him a little more because they think he's physically overmatched? 

Yes, you are correct, I made a mistake in my math.

Posted (edited)

Barrett Kent has a 6.38 ERA over 16 starts/73.1 innings in A ball, but still only 19.

Hits allowed (68) not bad, Ks (84) good, HRs allowed (10) meh, big problem beIng the BBs (40)

Likely shut down by early August?

Edited by Angel Oracle

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Barrett Kent has a 6.38 ERA over 16 starts/73.1 innings in A ball, but still only 19.

Hits allowed (68) not bad, Ks (84) good, HRs allowed (10) meh, big problem beIng the BBs (40)

Likely shut down by early August?

Last 10 starts, he's 0-9 with an 8.00 ERA, with 26 BB in 45 innings, with 48 hits and 8 HR allowed.  Only 3 of those 10 starts have been good.

12 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Last 10 starts, he's 0-9 with an 8.00 ERA, with 26 BB in 45 innings, with 48 hits and 8 HR allowed.  Only 3 of those 10 starts have been good.

Is that good

On 7/5/2024 at 12:16 PM, tdawg87 said:

Is it me or is that arm motion weird as hell? Like he's rushing to get the pitch in there and short arms it. 

What you are observing is precisely why the Angels were able to draft him in the COVID draft. Typically, a college starter throwing upper 90’s with three quality pitches would be in the conversation to go 1-1. Many MLB scouts saw him and wrote him off as reliever only, especially given the lack of exposure since the shut down. I was told beforehand that the Angels were one of the few teams that actually saw him and were enamored and would pick him. It ended up coming to fruition. Other teams felt that if the Angels didn’t pick him, he would’ve been a second round pick. 

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

What you are observing is precisely why the Angels were able to draft him in the COVID draft. Typically, a college starter throwing upper 90’s with three quality pitches would be in the conversation to go 1-1. Many MLB scouts saw him and wrote him off as reliever only, especially given the lack of exposure since the shut down. I was told beforehand that the Angels were one of the few teams that actually saw him and were enamored and would pick him. It ended up coming to fruition. Other teams felt that if the Angels didn’t pick him, he would’ve been a second round pick. 

I thought Detmers was 2020 and Bachman was 2021?