• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

Dana now has pitched 80.1 innings.

Pitched 68.1 innings a year ago.

When will they shut him down?

110 innings? 120 innings?

2.58 ERA, 0.96 WHIP, 7 HRs allowed, 85/25 Ks/BBs at age 20 in AA

What’s not to like?

Edited by Angel Oracle

26 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What’s not to like?

I would not go over 110 maybe less. 

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

What’s not to like?

They said they have no innings limit on him.

He has no innings limit placed on him and is set to pitch through the full course of the 2024 season.

“Caden doesn’t have to take a backseat to anybody in any capacity,” Schatzley said. 
https://t.co/0luWMy2FMZ

4 minutes ago, BTH said:

They said they have no innings limit on him.

He has no innings limit placed on him and is set to pitch through the full course of the 2024 season.

“Caden doesn’t have to take a backseat to anybody in any capacity,” Schatzley said. 
https://t.co/0luWMy2FMZ

He does seem to have a normal enough delivery plus the physical part to be a little more advanced?

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

He does seem to have a normal enough delivery plus the physical part to be a little more advanced?

Yeah. He seems to be in really good physical shape and has a big frame, especially for someone his age.

1 hour ago, ScottM said:

Hello, Kochanowicz.

CG 9 IP 5 H 1 ER 0 BB 4 K on 86 pitches! 

77 innings (5.5 per start), 65/20 Ks/BBs, only 7 HRs allowed, ERA back down to just over 5.00 and WHIP back down to 1.34

Edited by Angel Oracle

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

77 innings, 65/20 Ks/BBs, only 7 HRs allowed, ERA back down to just over 5.00 and WHIP back down to 1.34

I was high on him when he was drafted. I hope he puts it together. I still think he can be a #3/4 starter who eats a lot of innings one day. 

On 6/22/2024 at 6:05 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Mederos got beat around yet again tonight.  5 innings, 8 hits, 4 ER, 4 BB, 5 K.  ERA is up to 5.57. 

Mederos bein' Mederos again tonight: 4 innings, 6 H, 6 ER, 5 BB, 3 K, 2 HR, 2 HBP.  ERA is now 6.04.  Continues to put up just absolutely atrocious lines start after start.

14 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Mederos bein' Mederos again tonight: 4 innings, 6 H, 6 ER, 5 BB, 3 K, 2 HR, 2 HBP.  ERA is now 6.04.  Continues to put up just absolutely atrocious lines start after start.

Only made 6 starts in A+ ball 2 years ago.   Probably needs to return there and refine his pitching?

Still only 23

Edited by Angel Oracle

58 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Only made 6 starts in A+ ball 2 years ago.   Probably needs to return there and refine his pitching?

Still only 23

I don't know. I've read on here and elsewhere how talented he is, what a good arsenal he has, etc.--but I will again note that he has never put up even average results. Not at Miami, not in summer league, not at Oklahoma State, and certainly not in the minors (5.81 career minor league ERA). 

This year, he's only K'ing a little over 6 guys per 9 innings, while walking almost 5. I don't know if it's age, readiness, a lack of self-confidence, or a lack of actual ability, but I'm to the point that I'm not listening to anyone who says he's got potential until I see it on the field/in the results. 

30 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't know. I've read on here and elsewhere how talented he is, what a good arsenal he has, etc.--but I will again note that he has never put up even average results. Not at Miami, not in summer league, not at Oklahoma State, and certainly not in the minors (5.81 career minor league ERA). 

This year, he's only K'ing a little over 6 guys per 9 innings, while walking almost 5. I don't know if it's age, readiness, a lack of self-confidence, or a lack of actual ability, but I'm to the point that I'm not listening to anyone who says he's got potential until I see it on the field/in the results. 

I'm not saying he's good or bad but C-Rod had shitty stats through most of his minor league career but he had arguably the best stuff in the organization at the time. Unfortunately he couldn't quite stay healthy but I could see him being a valuable reliever for Arizona or whomever.

He does have a plus fastball with some sink on it and a good slider. May end up being a reliever. Or a nobody. 

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm not saying he's good or bad but C-Rod had shitty stats through most of his minor league career but he had arguably the best stuff in the organization at the time. Unfortunately he couldn't quite stay healthy but I could see him being a valuable reliever for Arizona or whomever.

He does have a plus fastball with some sink on it and a good slider. May end up being a reliever. Or a nobody. 

Rodriguez was super young when he was drafted and was injured so frequently that I'm willing to give him a bit of a pass on results. Plus, he did show flashes of above-average results over short periods of time when he wasn't injured, so that's something, at least.

I've been following Mederos on a game-by-game basis. All I'm saying now is that I'm basically just going to ignore him for a while until somebody tells me something has changed. 

12 minutes ago, BTH said:

I have total prospect fatigue on Adams, Paris, and Mederos.

Just awful results and, IMO, a waste of 40-man roster spots.

Adams is kind of a mystery to me at this point in terms of what the team thinks of him.  His results have regressed this year and they haven't bothered to call him up even when they needed an OF, obviously.  Very curious to see what, if anything, the team does to address organizational OF depth in the off-season.

23 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Adams is kind of a mystery to me at this point in terms of what the team thinks of him.  His results have regressed this year and they haven't bothered to call him up even when they needed an OF, obviously.  Very curious to see what, if anything, the team does to address organizational OF depth in the off-season.

Makes one wonder if they target one of FSU’s two OFers (Tibbs or Smith) with the #8 pick?

21 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Makes one wonder if they target one of FSU’s two OFers (Tibbs or Smith) with the #8 pick?

I’m thinking they go after an OF, for no other reason than Perry trying to set his up catcher, SS, and one OF spot should he somehow keep his job. 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

1. A warm body in AAA
  2. Insurance policy in case they need a warm body in Anaheim
  3. Off chance he becomes a useful 4th outfielder

My guess is he's out of pro ball in another two or three years, and probably kicking himself for not pursuing football.

Edited by Angelsjunky

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

He's definitely gone backwards and I get the feeling he's lost interest or is just going through the motions in AAA

17 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's definitely gone backwards and I get the feeling he's lost interest or is just going through the motions in AAA

I imagine it is hard to stay focused when you're in your 7th year of minor league ball (counting 2020). I mean, I don't know where the drop-off is, but most prospects either make it in the majors by their late 20s or retire, go to Japan, etc. A handful of guys stick around into their 30s, hoping for a bench role in the majors.

At 24, Adams still has years if he wants it bad enough, but I don't really imagine him sticking around for more than another year or two, maybe three max.

Edited by Angelsjunky

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm to the point that I'm not listening to anyone who says he's got potential until I see it on the field/in the results. 

4 hours ago, BTH said:

I have total prospect fatigue on Adams, Paris, and Mederos.

Just awful results and, IMO, a waste of 40-man roster spots.

Me reading this thread every year for the past 8+ years or so.  How much longer do we have to keep getting ourselves excited about guys who will never amount to replacement level players? Guys like Nate Smith, Cole Duensing, Brendon Davis, or if we're lucky, Griffin Canning, Andrew Wantz, etc.?

16 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Me reading this thread every year for the past 8+ years or so.  How much longer do we have to keep getting ourselves excited about guys who will never amount to replacement level players? Guys like Nate Smith, Cole Duensing, Brendon Davis, or if we're lucky, Griffin Canning, Andrew Wantz, etc.?

I hate legitimately forgotten about Smith and Duensing!  Believe it or not, Duensing is still hanging around.  He's now in High-A with the White Sox, 8 years after getting drafted.  Lol.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I imagine it is hard to stay focused when you're in your 7th year of minor league ball (counting 2020). I mean, I don't know where the drop-off is, but most prospects either make it in the majors by their late 20s or retire, go to Japan, etc. A handful of guys stick around into their 30s, hoping for a bench role in the majors.

At 24, Adams still has years if he wants it bad enough, but I don't really imagine him sticking around for more than another year or two, maybe three max.

Adams will get his shot after the trade deadline. I’m thinking this is finally the year the Angels fully sell. Ward and Rengifo will be dealt. Trout will be back but in more of a DH role. So they’ll have Moniak, Adell and Adams out there per consistently, even if they’re only hitting a buck fitty.

23 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Injuries are the great unknown, but every team has guys they are wishing on. When you consider how little investment has been made in player development post Stoneman, its actually amazing the Angels have has the success they have in actually graduating players.