• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Gustavo Campero went 3 for 3 with 2 BB and 3 SBs tonight.  He's up to an .876 OPS with 23 SBs now.  He's definitely old for AA (27 in September), but the dude just keeps hitting and stealing.

He had a huge year for Tri-Cities in 2023 (1.058 OPS in 239 PAs).

Late bloomer?   Still hasn’t had MLB debut yet.   Pretty decent power for someone 5-6, combined with good athleticism and decent plate discipline, just joined the Halos org last season 

Edited by Angel Oracle

15 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Silseth got shelled again tonight in a rehab start at Salt Lake.  Just got pulled after 4 2/3 innings and 92 pitches.  Gave up 8 hits, 3 walks, 5 runs (2 HR), and K'ed 2.

EDIT: ...and Paris has made 2 errors in that game, giving him 5 in 11 games since he got sent down.  What in the world has happened to him?  Can't hit OR field now, apparently.

Could he ever field?

He was making mistakes aplenty in the majors.

1 hour ago, BTH said:

Could he ever field?

He was making mistakes aplenty in the majors.

Yeah, this year seems particularly bad, though.  Like everything has gotten progressively worse.  It's sad.  He's still obviously very young, but it's looking like another example of a guy who isn't going to match his prospect hype.

12 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

He had a huge year for Tri-Cities in 2023 (1.058 OPS in 239 PAs).

Late bloomer?   Still hasn’t had MLB debut yet.   Pretty decent power for someone 5-6, combined with good athleticism and decent plate discipline, just joined the Halos org last season 

Bring em up later on!! 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, this year seems particularly bad, though.  Like everything has gotten progressively worse.  It's sad.  He's still obviously very young, but it's looking like another example of a guy who isn't going to match his prospect hype.

Like Adell, relies too much on athleticism and not enough on learning the nuances?

Is it two option to minors seasons that he has left after 2024?

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Like Adell, relies too much on athleticism and not enough on learning the nuances?

Is it two option to minors seasons that he has left after 2024?

At this point, I’m not sure going to SLC would really help him. It may give him some confidence, and he may come back to the big club guns blazing, but that will subside pretty quickly. 

Having said that, I would just assume keep him and hope that a light turns on. 

Eppler’s “draft a great athlete” strategy only worked for Marsh, but I would say he had dawg in him and some baseball skills. Joe Adell, Jeremiah Jackson, Kyren Paris, and Jordyn Adams don’t appear to be panning out. 

11 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

At this point, I’m not sure going to SLC would really help him. It may give him some confidence, and he may come back to the big club guns blazing, but that will subside pretty quickly. 

Eppler’s “draft a great athlete” strategy only worked for Marsh, but I would say he had dawg in him and some baseball skills. Joe Adell, Jeremiah Jackson, Kyren Paris, and Jordyn Adams don’t appear to be panning out. 

Are you talking about Paris?  If so, he's already at Salt Lake.

24 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

Ineptler

On 6/15/2024 at 6:15 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Caleb Hamilton, one of Rocket City's catchers, just made his 10th error.  He has played 33 games.  I don't know that I've ever seen a C with an error rate like that.

Hamilton has given up 6 SB (and has caught 1 guy) through 5 1/3 innings tonight.  He has now given up 59 stolen bases and has only caught 10 guys in 36 games.  People are just running at will on him.  I don't know why they don't give the RC pitchers someone else to throw to.  He's also hitting .106 with a .428 OPS.  Lol.

Edited by jsnpritchett

Kent started out well today, K'ing 7 through 3 innings--then absolutely imploded in the 4th.  Ended up getting pulled after 3 2/3, gave up 7 H (2 HR), 7 ER, 1 BB, K'ed 7, hit 2 guys, and balked.

Random coincidence: Kent and Bachman both threw 74 pitches today and both had a 48/26 strike/ball ratio.

11 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Would be nice if the organization’s collection of international signings in the lower minors turn into legit prospects.

Honestly been pretty stoked from what I’ve seen from the ‘22 class onwards.

2022:

• Rada: ‘nuff said
  • De Jesus: .292/.358/.472/.830 this year, feels like he’s becoming the first true OF power prospect we’ve had since Adell. 
  • Laverde: career slash of .302/.396/.428/.823, 60 BB, 83 K, thrown out 30%, younger than league average. Gonna grow into some power I think, great contact skills.
  • Ortiz: classic infielder with speed, contact, versatility and a little discipline, playing against older competition 
  • Castillo: also younger than league, he’s hitting .292 with an OPS of .790 in first year stateside and in full season ball. Career .888 OPS
  • Baro: made the jump stateside this year, 1.31 ERA in 34.1 IP, 7 BB, 34 K, and a 3.08 career ERA in 131.1 IP, 2 years younger than league 

2023:

• Morrobel: nothing too outstanding yet, but hasn’t disappointed either, was our top signing of this period 
  • Flores: aggressively promoted to Tri-City a couple days ago (almost 5 years younger than league), but his IE slash of .280/.345/.425/.769 to go with great defense makes him a great catching prospect 
  • Soto: 1.86 career ERA in 58 IP as a 16 and 17 year old, and a solid 29 BB to 55 K ratio for his age.
  • Texido: getting roughed up in Cal League this year but that was a big jump coming from Dominican Summer League
  • Lara: like Soto, putting up wildly good career numbers for someone aged 16 and 16; 2.29 ERA in 51 IP, only 7 BB to 45 K

2024 (sample size real small for these guys):

• Lugo: opening his career with a .407/.441/.685/1.126 slash with 10 XBH and 6 SB in his first 14 games is pretty good
  • Alvarez: 9 walks and 8 for 9 in SB attempts in first 56 PA 
  • De la Paz: slashing .290/.438/.395/.832
  • Camacho: .890 OPS to kick off his career 
  • De la Rosa: top pitcher signee of this class, off to a 0.64 ERA in first 3 GS/14 IP, 7 BB, 15 K

And looking forward to this: 

“2025 Expected Signees: One of the priority-signees for the Angels in 2025 will be catcher, Gabriel Davalillo from Venezuela. Davalillo is an offense-first catcher who is almost an average defensive catcher in his current state but shows immense offensive and power upside with the bat carrying his top-ranking prospect status for the class.”

Should we add Davalillo, our catching corps is looking really good IMO. O’Hoppe, Flores, Laverde, Davalillo…even if we draft a catcher in the early rounds this summer I think it’s never bad having that much catching depth. Usually has huge trade value too.

Edited by totdprods