• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Merry Christmas AngelsWin Community

Chuck

Merry Christmas to all of you.

chuck, thank you once again for this sight. it's filled a need for me and so many others.

we're on the road at my brother's time share in newport beach. beautiful weather here and a nice place to get away. my wife is an amazing cook and our traditional Christmas brunch was excellent - curried potatoes and eggs casserole with cheese, french toast, and veggie links and patties. i'm also enjoying a cup of chai latte as i type this.

i got a peronalized ohio state travel coffee mug from my daughter. it'll get used at school so my kids can see what a real college looks like. i also got a phillies blue and red sunday hat. it's for when my daughter and i go to games together. 

my daughter has been on this kick to go to every major league ballpark. i found a place on facebook that sells these little medallions of each ballpark, so i bought three for my daughter of stadiums we went to last year - anaheim, san diego, and phoenix. we'll add more as we start traveling.

Merry Christmas Chuck + Everybody!

I'm super happy to be back in the OC for the holidays (a lot warmer than Utah), and my dad is cooking up some steaks for us tonight. I got some cool clothes (including a baby blue Angels hat and my first hockey jersey - go Knights!) and a couple baseball books like The Book by Tom Tango and Why We Love Baseball by Joe Posnaski.

Thankful for family, friends, life, and, as hard as it is sometimes, the halos this holiday!

1 hour ago, Tank said:

chuck, thank you once again for this sight. it's filled a need for me and so many others.

we're on the road at my brother's time share in newport beach. beautiful weather here and a nice place to get away. my wife is an amazing cook and our traditional Christmas brunch was excellent - curried potatoes and eggs casserole with cheese, french toast, and veggie links and patties. i'm also enjoying a cup of chai latte as i type this.

i got a peronalized ohio state travel coffee mug from my daughter. it'll get used at school so my kids can see what a real college looks like. i also got a phillies blue and red sunday hat. it's for when my daughter and i go to games together. 

my daughter has been on this kick to go to every major league ballpark. i found a place on facebook that sells these little medallions of each ballpark, so i bought three for my daughter of stadiums we went to last year - anaheim, san diego, and phoenix. we'll add more as we start traveling.

What’s round on the outside, hi in the middle…O-Hi-O!

4 hours ago, Tank said:

You mean The Ohio State.

On 12/25/2023 at 10:59 AM, Taylor said:

Are you really complaining about spending time with your grandkids on Christmas? Enjoy it while they're younger.

Those of us who are grandparents absolutely enjoy Christmas with our grandchildren and love their excitement, just not at 5:30 or 6 a.m. It is mom and dad's turn to build those crack-of-Christmas-dawn memories. We enjoy them either on Christmas Eve and/or later Christmas Day and spoil them while being well rested. My grandchildren are 16 and 12, so they are past that point anyway.

49 minutes ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

Those of us who are grandparents absolutely enjoy Christmas with our grandchildren and love their excitement, just not at 5:30 or 6 a.m. It is mom and dad's turn to build those crack-of-Christmas-dawn memories. We enjoy them either on Christmas Eve and/or later Christmas Day and spoil them while being well rested. My grandchildren are 16 and 12, so they are past that point anyway.

Thankfully our toddlers slept until their usual time (7:30) on Christmas. We're a few years away from the early wakeups for presents.

Regarding Blarg's griping, seems like he forgot there's a smartphone feature where you can mute notifications. 

kadomatsu3.jpg.9c30b6bd47928610c6080707c29ffeb4.jpg

In Japan, government offices generally have "the Year End and New Year holidays" from December 29th to January 3rd, and many companies follow suit. 
Kadomatsu, the traditional Japanese New Year decoration, which are mainly made with pine wood and bamboo. They are placed in pairs on either side of the entrance before the New Year, and are clean up in mid-January. In recent years, they are rarely displayed in ordinary households or small shops.