• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

Stevie Johnson signs with the Bolts. Good value signing.  

Stevie Johnson didn't play a ton of snaps for the 49ers last season and has really never had the quality QB throwing to him that he will have this coming season with #17.  If we gave him the snaps that Eddie Royal received last season, I believe he can translate that into 1,000+ receiving yards and 8+ TD's.  I think he signed a 3 year deal, worth between 12-15 million dependent on incentives.

Edited by HaloWHAM!

Haha.

Value signing.

I'll take Stevie Johnson on a deal that likely averages around $4 mill per when you can project him for 70-80 catches, 900-1000 yards and 7-9 TD's.  He is a nice compliment to what we already have on the outside (Allen, Floyd, Gates primarily).  It allows us to spend a draft choice on someone in the 3-4 round of the draft that can be brought along slowly and not expected to contribute right away. 

Now take our division rivals, Raiders and Chiefs.  They both had hot garbage for the past few seasons so they need to go into FA and spend big (Chiefs went 5 years/$11 mill per for Maclin) because they need someone to be the focal point.  That's a lot of $$$ for someone who I'm not really sure is a true #1.  Had good numbers last year but we'll see what he does outside of the Eagles offense.  $11 per doesn't strike me as value.  Chiefs had to pay top of the market.

Maclin is solid.

The way you guys make up the denial for guys like Johnson or the same with Mathews years ago when I was rebuffed.

Guy was invisible last year on a good team. The excuses he gave don't hold weight when I think he went to a pro bowl or had pro bowl numbers with Fitzpatrick throwing him the ball.

I guess we will see who spent the better money, won't we? I don't see an overspend, everyone I've seen that has done grades for players has given Maclin an A.

The 49ers USED to be a good team.  Maybe you didn't notice how much change there has been there just this season.  Even Frank Gore stated he wanted to sign somewhere with a great QB.  Kaepernick is athletic but hasn't panned out as a great QB.  I actually think it's arguable that SF made a mistake letting Alex Smith go. And none of their recent WR's has done anything.  None of their picks.  Not Johnson.  Not Crabtree.  Vernon Davis has disappeared.  Coincidence?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chargers looked like ass yesterday. Played like a dumb, undisciplined team with all of the idiotic penalties. The O-Line looks like trash again and the defense had their heads up their arses.

McCoy had a horrible game as well

And it's the exact same thing today, except the Vikings are taking complete advantage of it.  

Team looks terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike McCoy just isn't the dude. Coaches soooo conservative and its like....homie Philip rivers is your QB. Melvin Gordon has talent. Use your weapons

Sat on the small lead, not knowing the Steelers always play us tough. We get screwed again and its because the coach thinks its 1985 still. Nah brah, it's a scoring league now