• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

I don't think a new HC is the right decision, we are coming off back to back 9-7 seasons...that is better than what we have done. I think we need a better OC, better pieces on the line, a durable RB who can carry the bulk of the load, and another WR that can be a legit threat. 

The biggest issue was the line today. At one point, Rivers had 5 completions and sacked 4 times. That is absurd. Absolutely no time to throw the ball. The injuries this year were astounding. I can't believe how physically beat up this team was.

Another year gone. I believe we've got about $11 million of dead cap weight freeing up this off-season. It would be nice to add another offensive threat, draft some OL pieces, sign a pass rusher opposite Ingram and go from there. 

Chargers are so frustrating. Same shit every year. Underperform. Blow big games. Always so many injuries. Gets old.

I'd really like to get a coach who isn't a conservative pussy. I can't stand watching it. And please fix the oline. I've been begging for it for years. Especially when we have to play the Chiefs and Broncos twice a year

If it happens year after year maybe they are performing up to their ability.

I'd like to see the Chargers focus their attention on the O-line this offseason.  Use the #17 pick on a right tackle (lots of good prospects...Peat, Scherff, Collins, Ogbuehi, Flowers) that can slide to left tackle in a few seasons.  Move Fluker inside to right guard.  Sign Mike Iupati or Andy Levitre (if he is released due to cap) to take over left guard.  Chris Watt, selected last season in the 3rd, is the new center.  King Dunlap needs to be resigned at left tackle. 

That is a re-tooled and much better O-line that should run the ball better and protect Rivers better.  And get younger in the process.  Productive run game and time in the pocket helps out the receivers as well.

• 2 months later...

I believe they have around $30 million in cap room currently without renegotiating anyone's deals, but roughly $8 million of that will go towards retaining Flowers.  I think Suh is unlikely as he would eat up nearly 2/3 of our existing money, although I wouldn't complain if they made the move.  He would instantly help our run defense and make guys like Ingram and Attaochu more effective.  We have too many holes to fill to use so much $$$ on one player.  

Cobb is off the table having resigned with GB.  Might prefer Torrey Smith more anyway as he can get on top of the defense and allow Gates, KA, Royal and Woodhead to work underneath.  Should be cheaper too.

Edited by HaloWHAM!

Chargers are said to be "unofficially done" on a deal with offensive guard Orlando Franklin. Solid signing that improves the offensive line and hurts Denver at the same time. No details on contract.  This is pretty solid move that allows plenty of flexibility.  Franklin has experience at tackle and could be the new RT, allowing Fluker to slide inside to RG.  If we keep Chris Watt at Center, we could likely draft a LG in the second or even third round (Laken Tomlinson?) to complete the O-line overhaul.  Or we could sign someone like Stephen Wisniewski to take over Center and move Watt to LG.

I really like this move as it gives us more options with the #17 pick instead of being married to an O-line pick.  Now if a WR slides (White, Cooper, Parker...or even Dorial Green-Beckham) or Todd Gurley is there, we could draft a new spark for Phillip and the offense.

Edited by HaloWHAM!

Whooo! I am loving these signings. Already extended Dunalp, sign Jacoby Jones to help our dead return game, re-sign Flowers and rumored to have an agreement with Franklin. I love these moves. We should still have a good amount of cap space left to work with. I really wanted Cobb, but couldn't see him leaving GB. 

It sucks missing out on Suh, but very few players are worth a contract like that--Suh is not one.

I also like that our draft options are more open now. I am not a fan of drafting a RB in the first round anymore--but I do like Gurley. I would like to get another receiver opposite Allen. I love Floyd, but he is up there in age and outside of last year, we all know his health issues.

Whooo! I am loving these signings. Already extended Dunalp, sign Jacoby Jones to help our dead return game, re-sign Flowers and rumored to have an agreement with Franklin. I love these moves. We should still have a good amount of cap space left to work with. I really wanted Cobb, but couldn't see him leaving GB. 

It sucks missing out on Suh, but very few players are worth a contract like that--Suh is not one.

I also like that our draft options are more open now. I am not a fan of drafting a RB in the first round anymore--but I do like Gurley. I would like to get another receiver opposite Allen. I love Floyd, but he is up there in age and outside of last year, we all know his health issues.

Sounds like Green Bay has locked up Cobb.

I'm in SD on a business trip and a lot of larger traffic areas all have people out front with clipboards trying to get signatures to keep the Chargers in SD.

Has this ever worked?

At Spanos headquarters: "Well, we were gonna leave but they got 10,000 signatures!  We have to stay now."

At Spanos headquarters: "Well, we were gonna leave but they got 10,000 signatures!  We have to stay now."

I think the signatures are going to be sent to the Mayor's office.  Spanos is holding him hostage.

Edited by 1nutkruk

I like that you went with a figure that is indicative of Chargers games home attendance.

I hear/see a lot of people saying they wouldn't be fans if the team moved to LA. They're one of the few teams that has issues selling out games despite being a contending team almost every year for the past 10 years. Can you blame them if they actually want to go somewhere where people will show up to games? I'd like them to stay, but I'll be a fan either way

There's too much cool stuff to do in san Diego, why would you drop a grand to go see a mediocre team in a rat hole stadium surrounded by drunken losers trying to relive their high school days?

Its like yeah ok green bay, new England, Kansas city, there's nothing else to do but SD is a great city man