• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

Great ****ing win today! What a way to start this brutal 5 game stretch! Gotta get at least 1 of the 2 games in the final homestead. And one of the 1 to close the season out.

Brandon Flower has been superb. Got to lock him up. Dude is a shut down corner.

Edited by Angels_Make_Me_Drink

Great ****ing win today! What a way to start this brutal 5 game stretch! Gotta get at least 1 of the 2 games in the final homestead. And one of the 1 to close the season out.

Brandon Flower has been superb. Got to lock him up. Dude is a shut down corner.

Funny. I know a lot of Chargers fans that thought he was shit with the Chiefs.

I hate those kind of pass interference calls. I was rooting for the Chargers but I still hate those calls. That could have gone either way. It seems like every week at least one game is decided by a penalty flag.

and being a Browns fan, I hate, hate, hate the Ravens.

I don't like the refs determining games so I can understand not wanting that called. Problem is that they were calling ticky tack PI calls all game so that one was blatant comparitavely

**** the injuries, we got flat outplayed and out coached. McCoy never really even gave his team a chance to make a comeback. Down 9 and punting with 7 minutes left? And our punter is hurt? Freakin dumb, way to show faith in your team. I know rivers struggled and the offensive line got their butts handed to them, but you have to give them a chance

so disappointing. Unless rivers is having an amazing day, this team and coaching strategy gets exposed

**** the injuries, we got flat outplayed and out coached. McCoy never really even gave his team a chance to make a comeback. Down 9 and punting with 7 minutes left? And our punter is hurt? Freakin dumb, way to show faith in your team. I know rivers struggled and the offensive line got their butts handed to them, but you have to give them a chance

so disappointing. Unless rivers is having an amazing day, this team and coaching strategy gets exposed

No excuse at all for not going for it on that 4th down.

What do you have to lose going for it there?

D played great, but the offense was putrid. We lost to a good team, but now we need to win 2 out of 3

I listened to the game on radio so that's all I have to go by, but it sounds like the Chargers o-line was getting destroyed.  Seems like almost every time Rivers went back to pass, he had about two seconds or less before he was under pressure.

That's what they were pointing out on Sports Center. The Patriots spent more time in the backfield than Rivers. He was getting pressured, he was getting sacked and the running game kept getting swarmed.

If you are on the 50 with four yards to go and aren't see 4 yards per carry or pass protection then you have to punt and hope for a 3 and out from the other side.

Otherwise you are probably giving Brady first down mid field and he only needs 15 for a field goal that makes it two touchdowns for a win with no tie possibilities.

That's what they were pointing out on Sports Center. The Patriots spent more time in the backfield than Rivers. He was getting pressured, he was getting sacked and the running game kept getting swarmed.

If you are on the 50 with four yards to go and aren't see 4 yards per carry or pass protection then you have to punt and hope for a 3 and out from the other side.

The key part missing from that is that it was late in the fourth quarter and they were behind by two scores, against a very good team.  That changes everything.  You have to go for it there.  Show some confidence in your team.

And yes, if they'd went for it there and not made it I'd still support the call 100%.  

Agreed after the TD to make it 23-14, the chargers were fighting an uphill battle. Really the only chance to win was in making a drive with 7 minutes remaining. Punting was admitting defeat, because you knew the patriots could burn some clock and get it back to you in the same situation except with 5 minutes remaining, at best

We need an offensive line re-tool in the off-season. It is a disaster right now. King Dunlap is the only one playing good football. Watt has been okay, given the situation. DJ Fluker has regressed this year and looks to be a future RG rather than a RT, which I'm okay with. Need to get a RT, move Fluker to RG, hope the C position can stay healthy, and get a LG. 

We also need a real RB. Mathews is gone in the offseason and Oliver/Woodhead/Brown will not cut it as primary backs. With the way RB is filled now a days, you can find solid RBs late in the draft and through undrafted free agency. I hope Telesco will work that hard. 

WR is also a position we need to upgrade. I love Floyd, but he's old and injury prone. He still makes great catches but he is not a #1 or #2. Keenan Allen is the only WR we have that is worth a damn. 

I want to know the extent of Rivers' injury. It came out a few weeks back that he was playing with a pretty severe upper body injury (chest or ribs), I want to know how bad it is. He hasn't looked the same since the game against Miami. Can't really blame him, he has no time to throw the ball and when he does have time, his receivers can't get open.

What happened to Ladarius Green this year? I was expecting a sort of breakout season for him. Is it McCoy not playing him or Green struggling to get the PT because he hasn't earned it? 

Rough losses to New England to to Denver. We have @ SF and @ KC to close the season out. We must win out and get some help. The odds are against us, but I won't stop believing until we are eliminated. It would be nice for Mathews to come back these last two weeks and let us ride him to victories before his Charger career is over.

Completely agree with the offensive line comments. When we were winning with Marty we owned the trenches. We have to get back to that on both sides of the ball. I really like Telesco, but am still uncertain about McCoy. I think TT will get us the right guys for the job.

I really like the core for our defense. Our D has been great the last few weeks with all the key guys healthy.

I think Mathew can be a stud, but he's so unbelievably injury prone, it blows my mind. I don't think there has ever been a game where he wasn't checked on the sideline for an injury if he was even playing. It's crazy. We need a lot of things to go our way the last couple weeks, but we've done it before

Last year, Green showed he could be a legit threat opening the field. He is more explosive than Gates at this point of their careers. I really would love to see some double TE sets utilized next season. I think we are wasting a solid offensive weapon. 

Another thing I have an issue with is Frank Reich as the OC. I didn't think I would miss Ken Wisenhunt, but I do. 

I do agree with our defensive core being solid. There were a few reports of Butler playing hurt all year long. I hope that is the case, he regressed a lot this year if he was healthy. Te'o has look very solid and I hope he can avoid the foot injuries. Wedge is a rock. We need to lock Flowers up long term. Verrett and Flowers is a solid CB tandem. Need to lock down a 3rd and 4th CB. 

Hopefully they can fix these pieces before Rivers' and Gates' window completely closes.

Well, considering we should have lost in Baltimore, this team is gonna be 0-4, probably 0-5 in the biggest stretch of the season. After being 7-3 and in good shape, this team choked on a fat d***. The rivers injury obviously hurt, but this team is so devoid and Impact talent and good coaching that there was no way we were going anywhere in the playoffs

We're in that awful position where we're not so terrible that we get good draft picks, but we're nowhere near a good team. We are blah. We are a stepping stone that other better teams use to get to the playoffs.

Maybe it's time to clean house again?