• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

Coming back to beat the Raiders should never be called terrific. It should be embarrassing.

A win is a win. Especially when you're looking at the next two games against KC and Denver. I'll take an ugly win any day.

Great win today, don't care what anybody else tries to argue. Those were games in the past the Chargers would lose. Beating Oakland is always good.

The next three games are going to be tough.

-KC coming off a bye week. Andy Reid's teams are something like 13-2 coming off byes.

-@ Den on 3 days rest

-@ Miami

Need to go 2-1. Would love to steal that game in Denver like we did last year.

Man, the schedule from here on out is brutal, especially with the injuries.  Seems like every game at least three more people are out.  After the bye, here's what it looks like:

Raiders

Rams

@ Ravens

Patriots

Broncos

@ 49ers

@ Chiefs

All I can hope for is 4-3 out of that run.  

Rivers is the 1st QB in NFL with a passer rating of 120.00+ in 5 straight games.

He's on another level this season.

So far this year (admittedly, mostly against bad teams):

69.3% completion 

1756 yards (292/game)

8.8 average

15 TD

2 Int

117.6 QBR

By comparison, Peyton Manning (in one less game):

The Chargers/Broncos games should be a slugfest but will probably end up as 21-17 games.

Edited by Glen

Great win today, don't care what anybody else tries to argue. Those were games in the past the Chargers would lose. Beating Oakland is always good.

The next three games are going to be tough.

-KC coming off a bye week. Andy Reid's teams are something like 13-2 coming off byes.

-@ Den on 3 days rest

-@ Miami

Need to go 2-1. Would love to steal that game in Denver like we did last year.

KC is most winnable game, they aren't nearly as good on the road.

Denver is probably a loss.

Miami will be tough, we'll have to play really well to win.

I'll be ok with one win out of those three games.

You know...all of those teams we are playing are saying "Oh sh!t, how are we going to win that Chargers game?" too.  We are passing and running well, and the D and special teams are better than in recent years.  We always play Denver tough taking 1 from them last year and playing them the tough in all 3 (plus our history vs. Peyton in Indi.).  They are just as worried about us as we are about them.

Edited by HaloWHAM!

I wish the SD/Denver game wasn't this week either because I am going to be on an airplane.  Hope Denver crushes SD but I doubt it.  I wouldn't be surprised if SD wins.  Denver coming off an emotional Sunday Night game playing on a Thursday.  Classic trap game.  Peyton also seems to struggle against SD.

I wish the SD/Denver game wasn't this week either because I am going to be on an airplane.  Hope Denver crushes SD but I doubt it.  I wouldn't be surprised if SD wins.  Denver coming off an emotional Sunday Night game playing on a Thursday.  Classic trap game.  Peyton also seems to struggle against SD.

It can't be a trap game for Denver unless they were playing a losing team.  The Chargers will lose by at least 10 points tonight because of their depleted defense.  Both DT and JT will have a field day against the secondary.  If they don't have a big game then Welker and Sanders will.  I am not too worried about the Broncos running game.  It will be all about the about the Chargers pass rush.  No pressure on Manning means a beat down.  

Also can the Chargers O-Line keep Ware and Miller out of Rivers face?  Look what they did to a mobile QB last week.  They reeked havoc.

Either way it will be fun to attend.  The weather is awesome right now.  My wife will be decked out in her Bronco gear and I will be wearing just a Charger hat.  I don't want to attract too much attention from the drunk Bronco fans.

I was there and I thought it was terrible of them to put Rivers face up on the board.  They would switch back from Rivers to Manning to get crowd reaction.  

There were some serious A-holes where we were sitting.  One guy sitting directly behind me was targeting a guy with a Mathews jersey on sitting in front of me.  He was all over him in the first half.  He was passed out in the second.  What a waste of money.