• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

So upon reading up some more on it this seems like a nice spin job by San Diego.  The CBA agreement from 2011 that set the rookie pay scale makes rookie contracts 4 years with a 5th year team option.  One stipulation some teams have put into contracts is that if they cut a player in the 4th year they don't have to pay him for that year because absent that language they would have to pay him as would another team that signs him for that season.  What every third overall pick has had in their agreement since the new CBA went into place is either language removing that 4th year payment or their signing bonus fully guaranteed at the end of their rookie season.  Bosa is asking for the same thing and San Diego won't concede on either.  

So unless what I'm reading is wrong Bosa isn't expecting anything unusual given where he was drafted while San Diego doesn't want to give him the same contract other players drafted in the same range have received.  I know both sides have made comments about this whole dispute (Bosa's mom) but this really makes it awkward for whenever it does get resolved because they're trying to make him look like the bad guy.

It's not Bosa. It's the Chargers nickle and diming their top pick for whatever reason. He just wants what other top 5 picks have received since the new CBA agreement was put in place. The Chargers statement was a nice PR move to try and change the perception of them being cheap. They kept referencing how much they are offering but the issue isn't the money, it's the offset language/signing bonus. With the new CBA, we've already got a baseline over the past few years of what top 5 picks have received and all Bosa is asking for is that same treatment. Nothing unreasonable at all IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike McCoy looks Norv and Marty look like Chip Kelly in regards to the conservative nature. What a horrid fucking loss. This has become the norm under McCoy...fast starts, blown leads, prevent defense, ultra conservative play calling, and how the fuck do you not try to get into FG range with :50 left and Rivers? FUCK MIKE MCCOY. His leash needs to be short this season. As in one more game like this and he's gone. 

What happened to Melvin Gordon and the playcalling in the 2nd half? So frustrating. 

And I damn near cried when Keenan Allen went down. We just can't catch a break. We need a playmaking WR. Any out there on the trade market? Josh Gordon?

Yah he's had a few issues with marijuana; it really isn't worth a first round pick. Knowing our luck we would trade for him and he would pop again and get band for life.

right now our best WR is Travis Benjamin. That's scary. I really hope TT is working the phones and seeing what's out there because we can throw this season away already if we can't find a WR. 

The other thing that scares me is Allen's durability. This is his 4th season ending injury dating back to college I believe.