• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ben Verlander

Tank

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Good grief, Charlie Brown. 

Imagine Xmas dinner with the parents..   To your right is your Cy Young winning, WS Champion brother along with his bombshell supermodel wife and there you are bringing your Ohtani Bobblehead to dinner as your date with the entire family thinking this MF actually forgot Jackie Robinson existed.

19 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Imagine Xmas dinner with the parents..   To your right is your Cy Young winning, WS Champion brother along with his bombshell supermodel wife and there you are bringing your Ohtani Bobblehead to dinner as your date with the entire family thinking this MF actually forgot Jackie Robinson existed.

I mean, they are both pretty successful at what they do.

The local Fox news a couple days ago was talking about various '___ of the year'.  They then got to sporting teams and the guy immediately says "gotta be the Dodgers -- the Ohtani signing".

I seriously could not believe what i heard...even from idiot people read news.  Team of the year for a team who lost yet again in the first round of the playoffs....but they spent a shet-ton of money to sign a soon-to-be 30 year old who is injured and can't pitch until 2025.  SMH.  Classic LA sports fan there in a nutshell.     

I went in to the office for the first time in almost two years and ran into an assist that we used to talk baseball. He was genuinely excited about Ohtani but doesn't realize he has a potential white elephant.

Ohtani had his highest oWar at 6.0 this season, but the year he blew out his elbow and came back to DH he was just a good hitter but not with a lot of power. This season Dodger fans may be wondering what they bought.

Truth is Ohtani is not an MVP hitter, he is not a Cy Young pitcher. He is a perennial All Star and takes away 7 starts per game from their best pitchers and drops those to a 6th man in the rotation, making it 52 instead of 31 games you have less than even chance of winning. So 100 win seasons and divisional banners may not be an automatic for the Dodgers in the future. 

But he is fun to watch play.