• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani signs with the Dodgers (10 years, $700 million)

mmc

12 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Angels fans have 0 reason to be upset with Ohtani. The dude simply wants to play on a winning team. Does it suck that he left? Hell yes it does. 

The only person to blame is the owner for not having a talented enough organization to compete and make him want to stay. 

I get what you are saying.

But $700 million is too much.

This will impact the collectible market big time. 

A whole new slew of merchandise with Dodger imagery and content will be upcoming. And some of his older Angel stuff will also probably go up in value. Especially rookie items. 

My Angel collectibles are a relatively tiny part of my multiple collections but here are a couple of things. Game used uniform swatches from Ohtani, Trout, Pujols. The three HOF team mates who couldn't play .500 together. A ticket stub from Skaggs last game that I attended. And a signed Trout jersey. 

When you walk around the concourse of Angel Stadium you see collectible stuff on sale for steep prices. Some things in the double digit thousands of dollars. Now a new market has opened up. And the prices will increase substantially. 

IMG_20231209_132804_330.jpg

IMG_20231209_132908_497.jpg

IMG_20231209_132947_844.jpg

2 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Such eloquence!  Must be a board moderator.  

If we are going to start assessing each other, you should probably know how little some people respect your posts.  I would categorize your posts and insight as the absolute lowest level of contribution humanly possible.

3 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

This will impact the collectible market big time. 

A whole new slew of merchandise with Dodger imagery and content will be upcoming. And some of his older Angel stuff will also probably go up in value. Especially rookie items. 

My Angel collectibles are a relatively tiny part of my multiple collections but here are a couple of things. Game used uniform swatches from Ohtani, Trout, Pujols. The three HOF team mates who couldn't play .500 together. A ticket stub from Skaggs last game that I attended. And a signed Trout jersey. 

When you walk around the concourse of Angel Stadium you see collectible stuff on sale for steep prices. Some things in the double digit thousands of dollars. Now a new market has opened up. And the prices will increase substantially. 

IMG_20231209_132804_330.jpg

IMG_20231209_132908_497.jpg

IMG_20231209_132947_844.jpg

I've got a few rookie autos of Shohei that I might sell now that he's gone. Bummer as my collection grew out of boredom during the COVID lockdown. At least I still have Trout.

5 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

There's no exchange rate conversion to do, all MLB contracts are paid in US dollars, including the Blue Jays players.  Same is even true with NHL contracts.

You're right, I've read too many CBC articles where they used Canadian dollars when talking about his potential contract.  

Just now, Swordsman78 said:

Classic "walkoff" response. 

When the good Lord was creating humans he made the bodies first, and had them wait in line for their brains.   Well you know what?  A bunch of those bodies got up and walked off.

Yes we refer to those as Nevin Fanboys

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

If we are going to start assessing each other, you should probably know how little some people respect your posts.  I would categorize your posts and insight as the absolute lowest level of contribution humanly possible.

And I and others feel the same way about you.  

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

If you are concerned about losing Ohtani, research how many pitchers recover from a second TJ surgery.

Then ask yourself, would I pay anywhere nears $700 million with that factored in?

Yep.  Still doesn’t mean I’d prefer him be on the team under more realistic circumstances 

5 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

And I and others feel the same way about you.  

I am sure my opinions annoy some and it is certain that many disagree with me regularly.

But I will go out on a limb and predict few think I am literally actually a useless, vacuous idiot moron.

Edited by Dtwncbad

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If you are concerned about losing Ohtani, research how many pitchers recover from a second TJ surgery.

Then ask yourself, would I pay anywhere nears $700 million with that factored in?

This could end up as one of the worst contracts in baseball history. For the Dodgers, not for Shohei.