• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani signs with the Dodgers (10 years, $700 million)

mmc

1 hour ago, ScottM said:

I spent years preparing for this and it still hurts.

No opt-outs is going to be painful but it's hard to imagine that this Dodgers team doesn't win a ring or 2... Man. 

$700M is just insane, I don't care how much is deferred. Go get Yamamoto.

Laughing my ass off when they don't 

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Angels fans have 0 reason to be upset with Ohtani. The dude simply wants to play on a winning team. Does it suck that he left? Hell yes it does. 

The only person to blame is the owner for not having a talented enough organization to compete and make him want to stay. 

Dude wants 700 million

25 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

We are really looking at the possibility that Trout is a lifelong Angel and never wins a single playoff game. That's incredible to me. God I hope Arte sells.

There is precedent. Ted Williams played for the Red Sox and never even played a postseason game. The Sox and Indians played a 155th game for the AL pennant in 1948, but the Indians won that game 8-3. Williams went 1-4.

Dodgers have the means to go get pitching, but as of right now, they have no pitching.  The Angels rotation has less question marks right now than the Dodgers.  Don’t read this as the Angels are going to be better than the Dodgers, but today, the Angels rotation going into next year, is better than the Dodgers.  I am sure the Dodgers will address this, but as of now they don’t have any starting pitching. 

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

Classic "walkoff" response. 

When the good Lord was creating humans he made the bodies first, and had them wait in line for their brains.   Well you know what?  A bunch of those bodies got up and walked off.

Sounds like you have first-hand "knowledge".

I can't help but to wonder if the stupid NL decided to not copy the AL by instituting the DH how this would've played out for the Dodgers? Would they have paid 70 mil or one year of someone to butt-warm a portion of a bench? Obviously, he wanted to stay on the west coast seeing as he didn't sign with the Jays where he could've almost been the face of the Canadian sports world. Would he have agreed to stay on the West Coast, which would have limited him to Seattle or Anaheim, had the NL not tried to imitate the AL? Which brings me to that next annoyance: Why have two separate leagues now? Or why engage in interleague play? It is nonsense as far as I am concerned.

7 minutes ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

I can't help but to wonder if the stupid NL decided to not copy the AL by instituting the DH how this would've played out for the Dodgers? Would they have paid 70 mil or one year of someone to butt-warm a portion of a bench? Obviously, he wanted to stay on the west coast seeing as he didn't sign with the Jays where he could've almost been the face of the Canadian sports world. Would he have agreed to stay on the West Coast, which would have limited him to Seattle or Anaheim, had the NL not tried to imitate the AL? Which brings me to that next annoyance: Why have two separate leagues now? Or why engage in interleague play? It is nonsense as far as I am concerned.

If the DH had been a thing in the NL 6 years ago, he wouldn't have ever been an Angel.