• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

36 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ask 4 people who want him and see if 3 want him just because he’s innocent of this situation and not because he will help them win. I think every single fan that wants to sign him believe he will be better than at least one of our starters. They think he will help the team win more games. 

Hardly anyone is intellectually honest enough to admit the real reason why they want him on the Angels.

56 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Hardly anyone is intellectually honest enough to admit the real reason why they want him on the Angels.

That's a loaded and narcissistic take. You're literally claiming to know the subconscious of others. 

I wanted Bauer before the dodgers signed him. When the crap hit the fan I thought he needed to go away while due process occurred. He appears to be cleared of any wrong doing. I again think he can pitch well. 

Why are you assuming there is anything more than baseball?

Here are the reasons I want to sign him, IN ORDER. 

1. He's a Cy Young caliber pitcher that will pitch for the league minimum of you let him.

2. We just saw his velocity and spin rates all reach career highs in Japan. I am honestly curious if he's still THAT guy. Because if he is, he might be another Verlander or Scherzer, that can pitch into their 40's. So it's curiosity.

3. This goes hand in hand with #1 and 2, but he can help the Angels win.

4. He's actually VERY respected in the clubhouse. It's only outside those doors that he pisses people off. I think he can legitimately make our pitchers, particularly Griffin Canning, much, much better.

5. He seems genuinely repentant of the arrogance of his youth. He deserves another chance.

6. I'd like to stick it to the Dodgers if he does well, which I think he will. 

7. I'd like to see him stick it to everyone that jumped to conclusions about him. This "me too" and "believe all women" movement from the left is absolutely out of control. 

8. It's still innocent until proven guilty. He's been proven innocent. 

-----

You may notice, my reasons for wanting him here are firstly baseball related. Everything after that is just icing on the cake.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

1. He's a Cy Young caliber pitcher that will pitch for the league minimum of you let him.

2. We just saw his velocity and spin rates all reach career highs in Japan. I am honestly curious if he's still THAT guy. Because if he is, he might be another Verlander or Scherzer, that can pitch into their 40's. So it's curiosity.

4. He's actually VERY respected in the clubhouse. It's only outside those doors that he pisses people off. I think he can legitimately make our pitchers, particularly Griffin Canning, much, much better.

5. He seems genuinely repentant of the arrogance of his youth. He deserves another chance.

7. I'd like to see him stick it to everyone that jumped to conclusions about him. This "me too" and "believe all women" movement from the left is absolutely out of control. 

-----

You may notice, my reasons for wanting him here are firstly baseball related. Everything after that is just icing on the cake.

Good list. I will say, though, plenty of conservatives also hold accusations over the heads of those accused. Maybe for different reasons and accusations, but too many people -- politics aside -- seem to forget the importance of 'innocent until proven guilty.' That said, I too, would like to see the Angels sign him. He has the 'take no prisoners' attitude while on the mound. We need that. When he is on that mound, he is very focused and owns the mound and the plate. He is also a very intelligent and organized pitcher who absolutely studies hitters and knows how to exploit their weaknesses. He always has a plan, too, which is refreshing.

37 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If the Angels sign Trevor Bauer there is a good chance Taylor will defect to Rockieswin.com and we never see him again. 

I like Taylor's post. I wouldn't want him to leave 

On this one issue he just seems to be assuming a political agenda is interwoven with a fan wanting Bauer. 

I'm sure that exists with some. However I'm a fairly left NPR listening guy, and I really want Bauer because  I think he can pitch and I don't see merit in him being blacklisted. 

58 minutes ago, Jay said:

This is hilarious coming from the biggest troll on the board.

The biggest troll on the board is banned until pitchers and catchers report.

If you can call me a troll, I don't think I rank in the top 10.

11 hours ago, Second Base said:

-----

Imagine having a vendetta against a movement that outed some of the worst predators in the country, as well as gave women AND men a voice to speak up about being abused.

Yes, it also resulted in *some* non-victims taking advantage of it and manipulating and deceiving people. But every societal shift, including the most positive, has its share of folks who see an opportunity to take advantage for attention, revenge, or self gain. 

Hopefully all of us with children are teaching them that their bodies belong to themselves, and that if anyone ever victimizes them, they have the ability to speak up and not be judged or questioned about it.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Hopefully all of us with children are teaching them that their bodies belong to themselves, and that if anyone ever victimizes them, they have the ability to speak up and not be judged or questioned about it.

And Trevor Bauer, someone who was the victim of fraudulent claims and extortion, must be excluded from mlb rosters to teach your kids this?

Wow. I am just astonished at the lack of mental discipline.

Should people teach their sons that they should roll over and allow their careers to be destroyed by criminals, you know, to be in lock step with some hashtag?

Edited by Dtwncbad

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

The biggest troll on the board is banned until pitchers and catchers report.

If you can call me a troll, I don't think I rank in the top 10.

But you're constantly trying to instigate and bait others with your political rhetoric on the main forum here for Angels/MLB talk which is in fact trolling and hijacking, a bannable offence. 

35 minutes ago, Chuck said:

But you're constantly trying to instigate and bait others with your political rhetoric on the main forum here for Angels/MLB talk which is in fact trolling and hijacking, a bannable offence. 

I am sorry. I will keep politics on the Spin Forum, unless directly addressed by someone else in another thread.

46 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

And Trevor Bauer, someone who was the victim of fraudulent claims and extortion, must be excluded from mlb rosters to teach your kids this?

Wow. I am just astonished at the lack of mental discipline.

Should people teach their sons that they should roll over and allow their careers to be destroyed by criminals, you know, to be in lock step with some hashtag?

I've already explained multiple times that the scandal isn't the reason I don't want Bauer on the team. It's his antics and reputation BEFORE all this happened, including his insufferable social media "campaign" in the off season leading up to his signing with the Dodgers.