• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

No doubt in your mind? So you're saying there's a 0% chance he underperforms?

Yes, IMO there is a zero percent chance that he underperforms.  But, the current ownership is afraid of the backlash from the ticket buying public, so there is also a 0 percent chance that we sign him, even though he would improve the club. 

7 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Yes, IMO there is a zero percent chance that he underperforms.  But, the current ownership is afraid of the backlash from the ticket buying public, so there is also a 0 percent chance that we sign him, even though he would improve the club. 

I wonder why you have so much confidence in someone who hasn't faced MLB hitters in years.

29 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I wonder why you have so much confidence in someone who hasn't faced MLB hitters in years.

Well, his training videos are available to view on you tube, and according to his numbers in Japan, his velocity hasn't fallen off, like it did with Jared Weaver, for example, or Bieber, for another.  

Also, I'm looking hard at the fact that we were a 73 win team last year, and the year before.  We traded a lot of the available young players at the deadline in July, so I'm looking at ways to add talented players without subtracting any of the talented players that are still here.  

Bauer has a bulldog mentality, too.  So his history says he has the ability to go deeper into games, which our current staff could certainly use. 

16 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Well, his training videos are available to view on you tube, and according to his numbers in Japan, his velocity hasn't fallen off, like it did with Jared Weaver, for example, or Bieber, for another.  

Also, I'm looking hard at the fact that we were a 73 win team last year, and the year before.  We traded a lot of the available young players at the deadline in July, so I'm looking at ways to add talented players without subtracting any of the talented players that are still here.  

Bauer has a bulldog mentality, too.  So his history says he has the ability to go deeper into games, which our current staff could certainly use. 

Rachel Luba, is that you?

His numbers in Japan were great. But the fact remains he hasn't faced MLB hitters in years.

Pitching would be a help to Angels. Arte would not want to put up with PR backlash. Just like last year with all the attention focused on Ohtani would be a distraction for the team. Halos have some decent young pitchers let them build around each other. This young staff could surprise a lot of people this year.

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

Bauer underperforming doesn’t mean he doesn’t help the team. He can underperform and still be one of our top five starters. He can underperform and save the pen by going 7 innings. 

This is true. But the fact remains that the league sees him as a team cancer, which might overshadow anything good he brings to the mound.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

This is true. But the fact remains that the league sees him as a team cancer, which might overshadow anything good he brings to the mound.

I think the league sees him as a PR nightmare.  I think the fans see him as a clubhouse cancer despite his team mates maybe feeling different.  Similar to how fans think Rendon is a clubhouse cancer because he doesn’t talk to the media. 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Source?
Have any actual teammates come out and said this?  Any executives?   If you have any links or references id like to see it for my own knowledge.  I do know that many have supported him including Mookie Betts as i recall.  I think i put more credence in the word of guys that played with him than anything else personally 

I hate to break it to some of you but right now WE are a bigger PR problem than he is.

We need pitching, and no one else seems to want to play here.. Stroman for example turning us down to take less money to go to NYY according to this mornings reading.  Some of you act like were some desired destination, like we have our choice... wake up, your kidding yourself.  

The only way were getting anyone to come here right now is a guy like this, or overpaying.

7 minutes ago, floplag said:

Source?
Have any actual teammates come out and said this?  Any executives?   If you have any links or references id like to see it for my own knowledge.  I do know that many have supported him including Mookie Betts as i recall.  I think i put more credence in the word of guys that played with him than anything else personally 

I linked to a source in the post above yours.

8 minutes ago, floplag said:

I hate to break it to some of you but right now WE are a bigger PR problem than he is.

We need pitching, and no one else seems to want to play here.. Stroman for example turning us down to take less money to go to NYY according to this mornings reading.  Some of you act like were some desired destination, like we have our choice... wake up, your kidding yourself.  

The only way were getting anyone to come here right now is a guy like this, or overpaying.

We are dorks on the internet talking about baseball. We don’t need anything but more alcohol and bauers little black book. 

you must be referring to the angels 

In all seriousness, there was talk about Bauer's problematic behavior long before this recent scandal. He has the reputation of being a loose cannon and loudmouth.

I'm sure he gets along with some teammates. Like I've said before, if an MLB team signs him this off season we might get a better picture of how he's perceived. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I also have evidence that five million illegals think Bauer is a clubhouse cancer, but I'm not willing to share it with you.

i suspect you dont have much evidence of many of your takes... oh and the about twice that now just to update your bullshit .