• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, jeskola said:

Bauer was fingered by three women regarding stepping over the line on his sexual choking fetish, not just the one people seem to be focusing on... The real question is will he continue seeking out consensually choking women unconscious and beating them during sex? It could be what fueled his athletic ability. It's weird and gross TBH. If he had a german shiza fetish would you all be so quick to accept him?

This is an awesome post.

23 minutes ago, jeskola said:

Bauer was fingered by three women regarding stepping over the line on his sexual choking fetish, not just the one people seem to be focusing on... The real question is will he continue seeking out consensually choking women unconscious and beating them during sex? It could be what fueled his athletic ability. It's weird and gross TBH. If he had a german shiza fetish would you all be so quick to accept him?

Much to consider imo.  

1 hour ago, jeskola said:

Only missionary for this dude, and then some affectionate cuddling and spooning.

32 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Only missionary for this dude, and then some affectionate cuddling and spooning.

Based on the strange slobbering over Bauer in this thread, there are a few AW members who would gladly volunteer to monitor Bauer's sex life and keep him in line.

While in general it is fair to say that accusers don't lie about sexual assault, there are a couple of mitigating factors in Bauer's case. 

The first accuser has been proven to be a gold digger. That isn't really in doubt at this point. AFAIK, she was the first one to bring legal action and the others came out of the woodwork later. Does that mean the others are also liars? By his own admission, Bauer enjoyed rough sex and had casual encounters with numerous women. Given Bauer's wealth, there is a lot of incentive to play up accusations especially if you're the type of person who has a lot of sex with no regular partner. They have no relationship with him and no reason for loyalty to him. Also, afaik the only case that was resolved ended with him being effectively exonerated. Until there is something more meaningful, I see nothing to indicate Bauer should be blackballed beyond liking weird sex and being an idiot about who he chooses to sleep with. 

45 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

While in general it is fair to say that accusers don't lie about sexual assault, there are a couple of mitigating factors in Bauer's case. 

The first accuser has been proven to be a gold digger. That isn't really in doubt at this point. AFAIK, she was the first one to bring legal action and the others came out of the woodwork later. Does that mean the others are also liars? By his own admission, Bauer enjoyed rough sex and had casual encounters with numerous women. Given Bauer's wealth, there is a lot of incentive to play up accusations especially if you're the type of person who has a lot of sex with no regular partner. They have no relationship with him and no reason for loyalty to him. Also, afaik the only case that was resolved ended with him being effectively exonerated. Until there is something more meaningful, I see nothing to indicate Bauer should be blackballed beyond liking weird sex and being an idiot about who he chooses to sleep with. 

Would you refer to a man as a "gold digger"? Or are we resorting to Kanye West levels of discourse?

Trying to revert back to the topic at hand, I genuinely believe Bauer can still pitch at the major league level and pitch well. I don’t think we end up being the team that gives him his shot but I would put money that his first year back he has a 3.5 era in approx 130-150 innings… who gives a f*ck about MAYBE a couple days of bad press that will eventually go away. We are the Angels, all we get is bad press 

It's just odd to think that the NFL can move on when folks make mistakes but MLB owners cannot?

The Ravens just celebrated Ray Rice Day (because he allegedly is a changed man) when the dude was actually seen on video beating up his wife. Deshaun Watson settled with 30 accusers and the Browns sent a ton of draft capital to the Texans and paid the man mightily, but Bauer can't get a job in MLB for a woman who clearly falsely accused him? 

6 minutes ago, Chuck said:

It's just odd to think that the NFL can move on when folks make mistakes but MLB owners cannot?

The Ravens just celebrated Ray Rice Day (because he allegedly is a changed man) when the dude was actually seen on video beating up his wife. Deshaun Watson settled with 30 accusers and the Browns sent a ton of draft capital to the Texans and paid the man mightily, but Bauer can't get a job in MLB for a woman who clearly falsely accused him? 

He just needs to legally change his name to La Flama Blanca. 

After all of the bad press the Angels received the last decade, nothing makes less sense than replacing perhaps baseball’s most beloved player with one of the most toxic. Doubling down on bad PR doesn’t make bad PR less worse, it just furthers the narrative. Wrong move for the Angels to make in just about every way.

Not a single team seems to be all that interested in Bauer, regardless of what happened. 

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

After all of the bad press the Angels received the last decade, nothing makes less sense than replacing perhaps baseball’s most beloved player with one of the most toxic. Doubling down on bad PR doesn’t make bad PR less worse, it just furthers the narrative. Wrong move for the Angels to make in just about every way.

Not a single team seems to be all that interested in Bauer, regardless of what happened. 

Maybe the angels need to take on a bad boy image. The nice guy stuff isn’t working as of late.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the guy is a scumbag, regardless of the false allegations. I’ve seen enough from his YouTube channel to know he’s all about himself, but if he can provide quality innings at a massive discount, then I think arte needs to kick the tires. For the record I don’t think it happens.