• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

This really is the least entertaining “hot stove” for an Angel fan I can ever remember.

This worse than watching paint dry.  This is watching dry paint to see if it maybe gets drier. 

I think the off-season after the 2007 season was pretty bad. If I remember right the only thing we did was sign Shea Hillenbrand. Who freaking sucked.

2 hours ago, HBAngel13 said:

I wouldn’t agree with this. He can pitch at that level, but not consistently.  Therein lies the problem with giving him a 7 yr contract. 

I would love Snell on a 3-yr deal or Bellinger on a 4-yr deal, but 7 and 12 (?) is a poor choice for those players. 

Ask SD how they feel about that Xander Boegarts contract after one year….

Snell’s final 23 starts of the year he allowed just a 1.20 ERA which was the second lowest ERA in a 23 start span only to Bob Gibson in 1968. (This was from and si.com article). How is this not an ace? 

His first 9 starts were subpar and I understand that but after those 45 innings, he pitched 5.86 innings per start, just 3 innings shy of being the 6 inning average. He allowed three runs to the Dodgers and Marlins and other than those allowed just 12 runs in 21 starts. 

We have a hole at third, His name is Rendon , he will not stay healthy playing everyday move him to dh, and corner infield backup. We do need his stick.

this was in response to Stradling who mentioned signing Snell and Montgomery, gives us excess lefty starters.

Also to get a young third baseman I’m not sure if that’s an overpay.

How long until it comes out that the Angels are cutting payroll because of the RSN uncertainty? 

Also, it's still impressive that the Angels still haven't exceeded the luxury tax, no matter where it's set. It would be one thing if they were always at 160 because that's their cap, but the fact that the luxury tax continues to climb and the Angels continue to regard it as the line they won't cross suggests it's more of a principle thing for Arte. 

7 minutes ago, Dgar24 said:

We have a hole at third, His name is Rendon , he will not stay healthy playing everyday move him to dh, and corner infield backup. We do need his stick.

this was in response to Stradling who mentioned signing Snell and Montgomery, gives us excess lefty starters.

Also to get a young third baseman I’m not sure if that’s an overpay.

I get the sentiment, but you can't plan your team around Rendon getting hurt. Is it likely? Yeah. But you can't plan on it. I like the idea of him being a primary DH but I just don't think that will be the direction the team goes.

To be honest I think it's an underpay. I don't really see a reason for Paredes to move anyways.

As for the lefties... I see how that's a concern for people but I really don't think it's a problem.  At least not a big enough one to make a trade for the sole purpose of getting rid of one.

26 minutes ago, Second Base said:

How long until it comes out that the Angels are cutting payroll because of the RSN uncertainty? 

Also, it's still impressive that the Angels still haven't exceeded the luxury tax, no matter where it's set. It would be one thing if they were always at 160 because that's their cap, but the fact that the luxury tax continues to climb and the Angels continue to regard it as the line they won't cross suggests it's more of a principle thing for Arte. 

I’ve been saying this for years.

He is a conservative politically, and possibly doesn’t like the tax.

Such a strange off season for halos. Do top players want to come here? RSN probably has something to do with spending. After all this is a business. Maybe Arte does not want to add any big contracts because he's thinking about selling. Rumor has halos have interest in Snell and Hernandez plus early on Tim Anderson. Players signed only 3 to major league deals and very little money. I keep waiting for some big deal or some type of trade but so far nothing. Curious to see what they do as we head in New Year. 

Look, clowns, going over the cap this season or the last five,  would not bring the Angels any closer to the playoffs by picking up another couple high priced free agents. The team has been too full of holes to make enough moves to move them forward and this upcoming season is no different.

So they would just be paying a penalty for still getting no better than a third place finish in their division and a loss of draft picks that would strangle off any talent infused into the minors.

So shut up about the cap, it's a dead end for this team that has been in that position since Hamilton.